Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Sonic and the Secret Rings

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:48 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 09:48 AM #101 of 198
I find it even more ridiculous that the princess is a love interes for Sonic in that game, when he ALREADY has an annoying love interest, Amy.

Well can't expect them to write any decent plot for the game. Worst is alot of people eat up that kind of story and think its greatest thing on earth. At least this game has a more fantasy simplistic plot.

I was speaking idiomatically.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:13 PM #102 of 198
I know the Next plot sucked, but can we let go of the past please? I found that "stop Buttnik/Eggman" plot stale after Sonic 2.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 03:34 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 02:34 PM #103 of 198
I dunno - I think the Advances handled the whole "Sonic VS Eggman only" thing really well. The only game that you didnt fight Eggman at the very end was Sonic Advance 3, and in a sense it was executed just as well since Gemel/Emerl was a "end monster" that directly involved Eggman right down to the very end (to the point that you actually wind up fighting with him).

I beat Sonic Rush just last night and found that it also handled the old school "Eggman as the final boss" concept amazingly well. Nega didn't betray him like every other side monster or character does and it was just executed perfectly IMO.

To be honest I find the "giant mutated monster goes horribly awry and attacks everybody at the end" storyline to be the staled out plotline. We've seen it with Chaos (which was awesome at the time), the Biolizard (who literally came out of nowhere), Liquid Metal Sonic (to the point that we don't even see the real Eggman until the end of the game), and now Solaris/Iblis/Mephilis. I don't think I'm missing anybody from the 3D era....

Its OK once in a while, but I think a lot of people would like something different, you know? Rattle it around or put a different spin on it like the handheld games did I think. Introduce a plot twist or three? That may be why no one talks disparagingly about the handhelds at least in that sense. Otherwise it just becomes very predictable.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Dubble; Jan 26, 2007 at 03:37 PM.
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 04:22 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 10:22 PM #104 of 198
So basicly, this game is about fighting a evil dark genie...

Wait a minute...evil....DARK GENIE?!

Oh Shi-!
DARK CLOUD'D! "OW MY ENTIRE WORLD!!!!"

Also, Knuckles looks like a twit in that outfit of his.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:08 PM #105 of 198
The last Sonic game that actually had a decent soundtrack was Sonic & Knuckles.

As for this game, it looks REALLY good, and hopefully it contols well like they say. Sonic and I kinda had a falling out after Sonic Heroes...
Natch, I think the only major Sonic with a poor soundtrack was Heroes. Shadow, if you push it.

Heroes was a fanbase pandering, and 3-D Sonic has never quite recovered since.

2-D Sonic, on the other hand, has always been excellent. See Advance 3/Rush for proof.
Every Sonic game has a really good soundtrack give or take a few songs in each game. Sonic Heroes is no exception...while the game itself might've been decent, the soundtrack was great. I probably could've done without Sonic's theme.

Old Sonic: Robotnik kidnaps animals and makes them into robots. Here comes Sonic the cool 'hog to save the day.

New Sonic: After tons of waffling back and forth through numerous time periods in order to to watch cutscenes and unravel ethereal secrets, Sonic must go super-saiyan to save the world/universe from various cataclysms brought upon by omnipotent end-bosses ripped straight out of shitty, generic JRPGs. Sonic is powered by the seven emeralds of chaos and magical princess tears.
The end-boss was a bitch to beat at first, but it's not so bad anymore. Actually, the plot was awesome.

I find it even more ridiculous that the princess is a love interes for Sonic in that game, when he ALREADY has an annoying love interest, Amy.

Well can't expect them to write any decent plot for the game. Worst is alot of people eat up that kind of story and think its greatest thing on earth. At least this game has a more fantasy simplistic plot.
So it's wrong for Sonic to have a love interest in someone a little more mature and a little older? What's wrong with Elise? The Sonic Next-Gen game had an amazing plot. When was the last time that Sonic actually kept going after a girl instead of constantly running away from her? I don't trust Amy, she looked like she had a thing with Silver. C'mon, she dragged the poor guy around and then shot him down.

To be honest I find the "giant mutated monster goes horribly awry and attacks everybody at the end" storyline to be the staled out plotline. We've seen it with Chaos (which was awesome at the time), the Biolizard (who literally came out of nowhere), Liquid Metal Sonic (to the point that we don't even see the real Eggman until the end of the game), and now Solaris/Iblis/Mephilis. I don't think I'm missing anybody from the 3D era....
Black Doom, but he doesn't count. That was all Shadow. Back to your statement about the whole giant mutated monster storyline and you people won't hear this a lot out of me, but I agree. We need a little change.

Its OK once in a while, but I think a lot of people would like something different, you know? Rattle it around or put a different spin on it like the handheld games did I think. Introduce a plot twist or three? That may be why no one talks disparagingly about the handhelds at least in that sense. Otherwise it just becomes very predictable.
Oh there were plot twists in the next-gen game. You have that bastard Mephiles to thank for that. I damn near lost it at one point where

Spoiler:
He killed Sonic.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 09:02 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 08:02 PM #106 of 198
So basicly, this game is about fighting a evil dark genie...

Wait a minute...evil....DARK GENIE?!

This took far longer than I expected it to... was it worth it? Not really, I mean Jesus Christ my drawing skills are usually better than this oh god what's going on

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Jan 27, 2007 at 04:44 PM.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:48 PM #107 of 198
LOL...that's actually pretty good. Ugh, I remember watching that movie too. Had to relive it about half a year ago thanks to KH2.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:19 PM #108 of 198
Heh, that's nice, Josh. You forgot to fill in the color for his left glove though.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2007, 04:32 AM Local time: Jan 27, 2007, 10:32 AM #109 of 198
[insert halerious picture here]

This took far longer than I expected it to... was it worth it? Not really... and my drawing skills are usually better than this oh god what's going on
Why good gentleman, I did indeed L'ed the O L.

PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2007, 07:52 AM Local time: Jan 27, 2007, 06:52 AM #110 of 198
Heh, that's nice, Josh. You forgot to fill in the color for his left glove though.
SHIT.

Sorry, I was half-asleep when I made it.

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:47 AM #111 of 198
*funny picture here*

This took far longer than I expected it to... was it worth it? Not really, I mean Jesus Christ my drawing skills are usually better than this oh god what's going on

YOU SIR, ARE A HERO

Needs moar Keyblade though

FELIPE NO
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Jan 27, 2007, 02:27 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2007, 07:27 PM #112 of 198
This took far longer than I expected it to... was it worth it? Not really, I mean Jesus Christ my drawing skills are usually better than this oh god what's going on[/SIZE]
No worries because that picture still wins the thread As for evil genies... this game just lost some credability imo @_@

Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2007, 02:45 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2007, 08:45 PM #113 of 198
not realy, I liked dark cloud, and hey, if the shoe fits, wear it.

Plus, anything that gets Knuckles into an incredibly stupid costume is auto win.

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:16 PM #114 of 198
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcvRIIOMJWw

Well if it's one thing Sega's never failed at, it's the motherfucking soundtrack.

More awesome as usual.

PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:22 PM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 09:22 PM #115 of 198
Excuse me?

I couldn't hear the soundtrack over the constant ring noise, but from what I did hear it just sounded like bland everyday music with some guy vocalizing.

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:50 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2007, 01:50 PM #116 of 198
"WHO'S GONNA ROCK THE PLACE, WHO'S GONNA ROCK THE PLACE, PLACE, PLACE". Well I sure hope the answer is Sonic. Also there's a pre-order bonus for this now at EB. Apparently it's a wrist band. Pretty exciting!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 08:03 AM Local time: Jan 31, 2007, 02:03 PM #117 of 198
Clasic sonic style on the wristband?

S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 08:27 AM Local time: Jan 31, 2007, 01:27 PM #118 of 198
"WHO'S GONNA ROCK THE PLACE, WHO'S GONNA ROCK THE PLACE, PLACE, PLACE". Well I sure hope the answer is Sonic. Also there's a pre-order bonus for this now at EB. Apparently it's a wrist band. Pretty exciting!

lol it's like they dusted off some old boxes of unused stock as a free gift what are they trying to say to the kids? Emo wristband ftw?

Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 1, 2007, 04:31 PM #119 of 198
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yCplzkpFeCo

Extended trailer.

It looks like I'll have to retract my statement about the soundtrack, the main theme is awful. I did like the music in the first link I posted though.

Also Shadow shows up in multiplayer. Looks like the game is doomed...

FELIPE NO
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2007, 03:49 PM Local time: Feb 2, 2007, 03:49 PM #120 of 198
The only thing to really be worried about seems to be if they'll actually complete the game and not release unfinished garbage out (like Sonic Next-Gen).

Last edited by vuigun; Feb 2, 2007 at 06:31 PM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2007, 05:24 PM Local time: Feb 2, 2007, 04:24 PM #121 of 198
Once again: GREATEST GAME!!!!

Who's that purple-haired demonic fag? Is that the "dark genie"? Oh god.

This is shaping up to be as stellar as the last game. Chances are the end result will be another super-repetitive shit-on-a-disc title that this time around can't decide whether to ripoff Mario Party or Prince of Persia.

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Feb 2, 2007 at 05:32 PM.
Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2007, 06:13 PM Local time: Feb 3, 2007, 12:13 AM #122 of 198

This is shaping up to be as stellar as the last game. Chances are the end result will be another super-repetitive shit-on-a-disc title that this time around can't decide whether to ripoff Mario Party or Prince of Persia.
Concidering that the "pitfall" and shit controll thing is out of hte window, that's one up from Sonic Next already.

Cause if there's one thing that's more fun than anything, is tripping up in an on-rails section and crashing head first into an invisible wall. I'm not joking, I stoped playing once sonic just sorta spireled into that invisible wall in the run section of Emeral Coast in Sonic Next.

Last edited by Conan-the-3rd; Feb 2, 2007 at 06:17 PM.
Sin Ansem

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2007, 06:35 PM #123 of 198

If this winds up decent I'm going to weep for your soul.

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2007, 07:54 PM #124 of 198
Just look on the bright side:

THERE'S NO BIG THE CAT.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2007, 01:27 AM Local time: Feb 3, 2007, 12:27 AM #125 of 198
If this winds up decent I'm going to weep for your soul.
Oh come on. Isn't my faithless and constant mocking of Sonic Team understandable at this point?

...Wow, look what Sonic Team has done to us. We seem to begging for them to make a title that's at the very least playable and/or "decent".

Doesn't that depress any of you, at all?

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Sonic and the Secret Rings