Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

USB Thumbdrive folder problems

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2008, 07:44 AM #1 of 2
USB Thumbdrive folder problems

Hey all,

So I have a 4 gig Sandisk Micro Cruizer. ON it are a variety of files including a folder called "Links" that has a slew of URL links. For whatever reason, if I go to click on that, the window with the folder freezes for a good ten to twenty seconds before it select the Links folder. I also noticed that if I go inside the folder, go out, and then click on something else, once again there is a long pause before I can select anything else.

Any ideas on what is going on? Note the following:
1.) I tried Chkdsk /f and had no problems.
2.) I first tried this with a USB hub. DUring this time, it seems that the window with the folder would never respond (although it may be that I was to impatient). Keep in mind that using the hub reduced the speed to USB 1.1
3.) I did a virus check and found nothing.
4.) I copied the folder, "Links". When I tried to select the copied folder, it also would freeze for a good ten to twenty seconds before I could actually move on.
5.) The memstick is about a year old and has not been used all that much.
6.) There is over 700 files in that folder. However, they are split up into sub-folders.
7.) This doesn't happen for any other file/folder.

THanks for your help!

Most amazing jew boots
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2008, 01:57 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2008, 02:57 PM #2 of 2
Suppose you make a new folder called "Favorites" and copy everything, all 700 or so links, from the "Links" folder. Would you experience the same kind of problem on the folder you just made?

Most amazing jew boots
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > USB Thumbdrive folder problems