Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Drakengard 2

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 05:04 AM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 11:04 AM #51 of 67
Umm yeah okay my bad the official trailer shows an M, too. M is 17+, right? Well I think I mixed it up then...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:55 AM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 12:55 AM #52 of 67
Spoiler:
Quote:
I wish they had done something flashier with the magic attack in that form. Those cheap homing missiles were freakin USELESS!
Spoiler:
Not in third playthrough they're not.

Just beat the game for the third and final time today, clocking in at I don't know how many hours, the clock stops counting at 99:59:59.

Spoiler:
The third ending isn't worth it. Happily ever after has never seemed so out of place. The world is magically restored without any explanation, the dragons fade as well, somehow. Maybe it has something to do with defying the book of seeds and undoing what was to be done. Whatever, the ending was a big cop out. Best part of playing through the third time was the last two free missions at the ancient tomb. Both were crazy and satisfying to beat.

I also discovered a scene between Oror and Nowe at the district of shining life near the game's end. Don't know if it's in the first and second playthrough as well, just a heads up about that, though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
kenpachi
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4520

Level 1.00

Apr 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 06:41 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 09:41 AM #53 of 67
hi guys

im currently up to chapter 7 in drakengard 2 but it dont seem like im gonne get to finish it...abit busy with work etc. Now i havent played the 1st one and i know that the 2nd one is closely connected with it.

Can anyone please summarise what happened in drakengard 1 and 2? Im really drawn in by the story and would love to know what happened to caim,nowe etc.

thanks

How ya doing, buddy?
Shirokage

Member 2300

Level 4.12

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 06:01 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 12:01 AM #54 of 67
The story is quite complicated, so the summary is kind of long. (Or maybe its just because I'm bad at summarizing things.) The summary does not include too many details or the story parts detailing the allies. This summary is only of the events leading up to ending one, which is the official ending from which Drakengard 2 is spawned.

Spoiler:
Caim is the main character, and he is the elder brother to Furiae, the goddess. He has an intense hatred for the Empire and dragons, as his kingdom was destroyed by the Empire and his parents were killed by a black dragon when the Empire tried to kidnap his sister when they were younger. The world is protected by the four seals of Forest, Desert, Ocean and the goddess herself.

The Empire attacks the castle at which Furiae is at, and Caim is fighting against the Empire soldiers, who eyes shine bright red, with Union soldiers. Caim gets seriously injured, and rushes back to the castle when he sees a soldier setting the Union flag aflame. He gets to the castle bailey, sees a dying red dragon. Caim then got into a pact with the dragon, which healed them both and they share one life after that (ie. if one dies, so does the other). Caim's pact price was his voice, so he has become mute. Pact partners can read each other's thoughts.

Caim manages to get to Furiae in time, as Inuart, Furiae's fiancee before she was made goddess, managed to hold off the Empire soldiers long enough. Inuart decides to take Furiae to the elf village, as the castle is no longer safe, and the elves are bound to eternal neutrality.

They go to the forest of the elves, to find that the Empire is there as well, and the village has been completely destroyed. They suddenly hears the voice of Verdelet, the heirarch, who has petrified dragon for a pact beast. Inuart and Furiae go to Verdelet in the desert, while Caim goes to further investigate the shrine of the Watchers in the forest.

After the investigation, Caim hears from Verdelet again, saying that both Inuart and Verdelet himself, has been captured by the Empire while protecting the goddess. Caim goes to the desert, meets up with Furiae, rescues Verdelet. Verdelet goes on about why the Empire wants to break the seal, it is because the Empire wants the Seeds of Resurrection that will fall upon the earth when all the seals are broken. The dragon rebuts saying that humans twists even the myths to their own convenience. Caim tries to find Inuart, but to no avail, as he was taken to a different prison, and hypnotized/possessed. Inuart then makes a pact with a black Imperial dragon. The desert seal gets destroyed by the Empire.

Inuart arrives back at Caim's camp on his dragon, and tries to take Furiae away. Caim and Inuart gets into a fight, where Caim loses. Inuart flies off with the goddess. After Caim and the dragon recovers, they begin their pursuit in the direction of the Empire. Caim hears the dying screams of the faeries, who are the protectors of the Forest seal, hence the forest seal has been broken by the empire.

The Union readies for an all-out war against the Imperial Army, which the Union almost wins. When on the verge of losing, a floating fortress rains down destruction on the battlefield, turning the tides. Caim flies up to the bottom of the fortress on his dragon, but discovers that they cannot go any higher.

At this time, Inuart swoops down from the fortress on his black dragon, and engages into a battle with Caim. Caim emerges victorious, and Inuart retreats back to the fortress. Riding the same air current as Inuart, Caim gains entry to the fortress. Caim slaughters his way through the hoards of soldiers, and enters the inner sanctum where Furiae is held, only to discover that he was too late. The last seal has been broken, and her lifeless body lies on top of the altar. Caim exits the fortress at the dragon's urging.

Inuart arrives back at the sanctum to discover Furiae's body beside the child priestess Manah who hypnotized him. He wakes from the spell on seeing Furiae dead. He goes up against the priestess but she is too powerful. Inuart takes Furiae's body in his arms, and decides that he would resurrect Furiae using the Seeds. Inuart then gets into another fight with Caim, but Inuart escapes.

Caim gets to the Imperial capital, kills hoards of monsters, and gets to the priestess at the center. He defeats the priestess, who then begs for death. He and Verdelet both deny her wish, and proceed to think who should become the next goddess. The dragon volunteers, and undergoes the ritual which makes her the seal. She finally tells Caim her name, Angelus, before she becomes a bubble and disappears off into the sky.

This is a really boiled down version of the story, and doesn't really reflect the complex tragedy. If you have time, read the script that I put on GameFAQs for the full story. http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/f...d_script_a.txt

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Zuare
Chocobo

Member 392

Level 9.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 09:27 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 02:27 PM #55 of 67
I know I'm a little late on this whole discussion, but I want to say something.

*Drakengard 2 spoilers*
Spoiler:
Near the end of Drakengard 2, Caim tells you to kill Angel/Angelus. When Angelus dies, Caim also dies because of the pact. I was thinking, If Caim really wanted to kill Angelus, couldn’t he have just killed himself? Angelus would have died too.

Most amazing jew boots
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 09:13 PM #56 of 67
I picked this up a week ago, so far i'm up to chapter 6 and I have to say the game is pretty kickass. I've played the first and find it neat as to how they tie the two games together. Urick is also the greatest character imo so far in the game as well as a major badass when fighting.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

[ "Talisman" ]
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 09:30 PM #57 of 67
Quote:
I know I'm a little late on this whole discussion, but I want to say something.

*Drakengard 2 spoilers*
That.....is a pretty good question, actually. I really don't know how to answer it. About the only thing I can think of is...

Spoiler:
Maybe because Angelus was now sealed, it meant that only Caim would die if he killed himself. So he wanted to free Angelus so they could both die. That's probably the case, because if Caim's death meant Angelus', and thus breaking the seal, then Verdelet and the other priests would've kept Caim safely quarantined, instead of letting him run around getting into more danger.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 03:31 AM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 09:31 AM #58 of 67
Originally Posted by Iwata
Urick is also the greatest character imo so far in the game as well as a major badass when fighting.
Yeah, I must say that the game is extremely easy if you play as him. I didn't even use the other two characters, he could even deal well with those stupid witches.

Has anyone of you ever managed to get 1,000 hits in a row? Will you automatically win the game then?

Most amazing jew boots
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 07:25 AM #59 of 67
Originally Posted by a_dictator
Has anyone of you ever managed to get 1,000 hits in a row? Will you automatically win the game then?
I got over a 2,000 combo at the level outside of a tower where there's just group upon group of soldiers. The key is using a weapon that does barely any damage (such as the Nobuyoshi on level 3), and to use your magic attack (it counts as a combo point even if you don't hit anything) if you're not going to make it in time to the next group.

At each 1,000 points, a bunch of money splashes out.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rei no Otaku
Fanboy

Member 386

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 08:44 AM #60 of 67
Originally Posted by a_nal
That.....is a pretty good question, actually. I really don't know how to answer it. About the only thing I can think of is...

Spoiler:
Maybe because Angelus was now sealed, it meant that only Caim would die if he killed himself. So he wanted to free Angelus so they could both die. That's probably the case, because if Caim's death meant Angelus', and thus breaking the seal, then Verdelet and the other priests would've kept Caim safely quarantined, instead of letting him run around getting into more danger.
Spoiler:
I don't think they could have kept Caim locked up if they had wanted to. That was probably more the case. He could has easily cut through any type of guard they attempted to put on him, or unit sent to capture him.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
TheRiceCooker
Fiat iustitia ruat coelum

Member 1772

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 05:11 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 07:11 PM #61 of 67
It's easy to get in the thousand's with Urick. I'm on my second playthrough and the enemies do seem to get a little bit harder. I've gotten a 4000 combo with Urick, but a 5000 combo with Nowe, attempting to level up the Silver Butterfly, Nobuyoshi, and SealKnife. Of course it does get a good bit repetitive, but yeah, the additions to the story on the second playthrough enforce the will to keep on playing, especially for the additional ending. I remember when playing the first game, I got all the endings except for the last one, which required me to get about 97% of all the weapons. Of course, I didn't want to waste my life getting all those weapons and leveling them up to 4, just to fulfill the completion, but yeah, it got overly monotonous in the first game. The second game is a great paint job over the scratches of the first, and calls for much more than the first game. Of course, the first game had OODLES of soldiers to kill compared to the second game, but hey, it's in the challenge no?

I was speaking idiomatically.
CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 08:45 PM Local time: May 5, 2006, 07:45 PM #62 of 67
Anyone know who did voices for all the characters? A few (Legna, mostly) sound familiar, but I've googled it and I can't find anything.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Zuare
Chocobo

Member 392

Level 9.00

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 11:21 AM Local time: May 6, 2006, 04:21 PM #63 of 67
Originally Posted by CelticWhisper
Anyone know who did voices for all the characters? A few (Legna, mostly) sound familiar, but I've googled it and I can't find anything.
I checked the manual and the end game credits, but it didn't say.
It only says the name of the voice casting company, Side UK.
I found their website, http://www.sideuk.com/games
But even that has no mention of Drakengard 2...
Sorry, I was not much help.

FELIPE NO
CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 01:14 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 12:14 PM #64 of 67
No problem, Zuare. Thanks anyway. I wish they'd credit their damn VO guys, though. Kinda fun to keep track of who voices whom.

Legna sounded a lot like Vincent Price to me. Except he died 13 years ago. Still, listening to Theatre of Tragedy's "And When He Falleth" and playing Drakengard 2 immediately thereafter is fun.

I kinda wish they'd kept Caim or a character like him as the main character. It was nice NOT having a nervous-hero character like Nowe as the lead for once. Don't know if I like where they're going with his "discovery" and outrage about the Keys. More fun to play as a bloodthirsty bastard.

Legna's cool, though.

How ya doing, buddy?
garthvadr3
Good Chocobo

Member 694

Level 15.42

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 07:07 PM #65 of 67
ok So I just got to the last boss on the 3rd playthrough and am getting my ass whooped...how the hell do you beat him? Am I too low a level? I am at 76 I think and getting owned. I almost beat him 3 times but got nailed by fire at the last second. Please help and save a disc from being thrown out the window.

How ya doing, buddy?
Delete
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 7711

Level 1.00

May 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 10:55 PM #66 of 67
Originally Posted by Rei no Otaku
Spoiler:
I don't think they could have kept Caim locked up if they had wanted to. That was probably more the case. He could has easily cut through any type of guard they attempted to put on him, or unit sent to capture him.
I have my own theory about this.
Spoiler:
I don't think Caim asked you to kill Angelus at all. I think Legna noticing that Nowe was beginning to feel bad for Caim and needing Angelus to die for his plan to pull through (going off of the first ending) so he just said that to make Nowe feel better about doing it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
han89
Chocobo

Member 8336

Level 12.35

Jun 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 09:11 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 05:11 PM #67 of 67
This is my first Drakengard and as i see it, it is my last. I didn't leave this game like i did to many bad games, because playing it, even if it was repeatitive, was better then a lot of games. But regarding the storyline, i found it very slow and repeatitive and i got to the point where [spolier] they go after the red dragon into this castle[/spoiler] and i just stopped playing it because i had exams at the time and now i don't feel like continuing it. This game is decent, not bad, not great, just decent.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Drakengard 2