Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Alias Discussion

bighunt
Driving under the radar....

Member 608

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:01 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 01:01 PM #1 of 50
Alias Discussion

Wow. I thought there'd be a thread already for the show.

Anyone watch the 2 hour premiere last night? It could have been better, but w/Sydney being pregnant, there's only so much she could do.

Spoiler:
why can't jack and syd get the hint that Irina will never be faithful to them? she's betrayed them in the past and they were suurprised when she did it again? get a clue!!!! she's in it only for herself!!

please feel free to discuss and USE SPOILERS

gracias

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 04:18 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 03:18 PM #2 of 50
I would have watched it last night, but I still haven't seen the last two episodes from before the break. Now that's four episodes I need to catch up on.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zephos
Syklis Green

Member 994

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 07:28 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 11:28 AM #3 of 50
Still waiting for Season 5 to START here in Australia.

Fucking Channel 7...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 09:10 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 08:10 PM #4 of 50
Well, you could always download the torrents of the episodes if you want to watch it as it first comes on. But I understand wanting to watch it on TV though (always my preferred method).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Nintendonomicon
Mama's boy

Member 1640

Level 16.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 09:42 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 07:42 PM #5 of 50
Alias is one of the damn best shows I've seen in recent years.
I own the first 4 seasons on DVD, and it's a real shame that the current season will be the last one. I am just not ready for this awesome ride to end.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Return to Crystal Lake...

My Wii Friend Code 1942-4227-2974-0276
Zephos
Syklis Green

Member 994

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 02:33 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 06:33 PM #6 of 50
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Well, you could always download the torrents of the episodes if you want to watch it as it first comes on. But I understand wanting to watch it on TV though (always my preferred method).
You answered the question for me.

Though I'd actually prefer the DVD, but I'd have to wait even longer for that. And I'd probably watch them all too quickly. I want to savour, especially the last season, even if it's on commercial television here.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 03:04 AM #7 of 50
Why are people still watching this show. I got bored with it half way into Season 3. It just stopped being good. Sydney being pregnant makes for boredom, and that replacement chick (sorry, not good with names) just doesn't cut it.

FELIPE NO
bighunt
Driving under the radar....

Member 608

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 12:04 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 01:04 PM #8 of 50
Originally Posted by Nintendonomicon
Alias is one of the damn best shows I've seen in recent years.
I own the first 4 seasons on DVD, and it's a real shame that the current season will be the last one. I am just not ready for this awesome ride to end.
Agreed. It's a CLOSE 2nd to 24, but a fantastic series no matter what.
Spoiler:
At the end of wednesday's show they said only 5 episodes left. it's like this isn't a full season all. they need to tue up many loose ends in the last 5 weeks.

Originally Posted by a_gerontophile
Why are people still watching this show. I got bored with it half way into Season 3. It just stopped being good. Sydney being pregnant makes for boredom, and that replacement chick (sorry, not good with names) just doesn't cut it.
That's because the chics are HOTTTTT! i'm a sucker for a girl who can kick major ass.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 12:07 PM #9 of 50
Jennifer Garner has a manly face, is bony, and has no breasts.

What?

Most amazing jew boots
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 07:33 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 06:33 PM #10 of 50
Originally Posted by bighunt
Spoiler:
At the end of wednesday's show they said only 5 episodes left. it's like this isn't a full season all. they need to tue up many loose ends in the last 5 weeks.
Spoiler:
Well, I know there's gonna be at least one more two hour episode (series finale), so that's at least six more hours to wrap things up. I think there may also be another two hour episode, but I'm not too sure.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 08:41 AM #11 of 50
Originally Posted by a_gerontophile
Jennifer Garner has a manly face, is bony, and has no breasts.
She can act though, give her that much. Her jugs are fucking weird though.

Anyway, this show shit the bed after two seasons but what do you expect from JJ Abrams? It got too, too far fetched - every week there was a new Rambaldi device and it just got retarded. Also, theres way too many plot twists in the shows third season to even be remotely plausable. It's like the Bosch paintings of television shows.

Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:19 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 06:19 PM #12 of 50
Originally Posted by LeHah
Anyway, this show shit the bed after two seasons but what do you expect from JJ Abrams? It got too, too far fetched - every week there was a new Rambaldi device and it just got retarded. Also, theres way too many plot twists in the shows third season to even be remotely plausable. It's like the Bosch paintings of television shows.
I completely agree. I thought the biggest joke of them all was the storyline making Sloane a good guy for Seasons 3 and beyond. He seemed to get a completely clean slate after his terrorism in the previous series.

The major downfall of the show seemed to be when the writers decided on the 'Three Year Memory Loss thing'. The show was trying to be too clever and it payed the price.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 01:16 PM #13 of 50
Originally Posted by Vivace119
I thought the biggest joke of them all was the storyline making Sloane a good guy for Seasons 3 and beyond. He seemed to get a completely clean slate after his terrorism in the previous series.
Seriously. He was so good playing this evil jerk figurehead and they decide he's a good guy just because.

I also got tired of the technical expert. You can only play the cute, dumb genius for so long and they really carried it out too far.

Zephos
Syklis Green

Member 994

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 01:20 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 05:20 PM #14 of 50
Originally Posted by LeHah
Seriously. He was so good playing this evil jerk figurehead and they decide he's a good guy just because.
As opposed to making him evil just because? All they did was explain his appalling behaviour He's no more "good" than he was at the start, it's just that some people feel sympathy for him now, and he has a reason to repent (his daughter).

I also got tired of the technical expert. You can only play the cute, dumb genius for so long and they really carried it out too far.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Marshall is getting tiresome.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 03:40 PM #15 of 50
Originally Posted by Zephos
As opposed to making him evil just because?
Well, they never gave a justifiable reason for Sloane to turn good. From the start, he's a bad guy - that doesn't need justification because he's that way from the start of the show.

FELIPE NO
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 04:20 PM #16 of 50
Why did the most recent episode end with Sydney getting pseudo-cloned unto the black chick (who I always thought was cool.) I guess this is how they're going to decide to play out the whole Rambaldi prophecy with the lady who looks suspiciously like Sydney fucking up the world.

Or maybe clone-Sydney is just a red herring for real-Sydney to actually take over the planet, but I doubt that much darkness in her could be revealed in a few episodes.

Can someone tell me what the full Rambaldi device actually turned out to be? That shit had me hyped for Season 1-2 but it never seemed to go anywhere important.

JJ Abrams seems to have trouble keeping stuff simple and likes to apply science fiction twists to stuff. Alias was fine as a spy show, but the introduction of Rambaldi was like "huh?". Somehow it got pulled off and - for a time - made the show more intriguing. JJ was sure to make it known from the first episode of Lost that there was a sci-fi/fantasy twist so that the same mistake wouldn't be made of alienating viewers after the season has already begun.

I wonder if there's any kind of crazy sci-fi plot in Mission Impossible III.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 05:11 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 04:11 PM #17 of 50
I finally got caught up on the episodes I missed (five hours worth!), and while the show still isn't as good as it used to be (Seasons 1 and 2), it's still better than the last couple of seasons (3 and 4). My only gripe is that it seems kinda stupid to be making up some of these new plots (like whatever the hell Agent Grace is doing) so close to the end of the series. They should instead be making sure they can tie up the loose ends of the series as much as possible.

Originally Posted by Eleo
Can someone tell me what the full Rambaldi device actually turned out to be? That shit had me hyped for Season 1-2 but it never seemed to go anywhere important.
It was featured in the last episode of season 4. It was this giant red floaty ball thingy (like the one in the first episode, except realy, really huge) that was supposed to poison the entire Earth's water supply, or something. I don't really know for sure though, as it all kinda stopped making sense after a while.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 05:14 PM #18 of 50
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
It was featured in the last episode of season 4. It was this giant red floaty ball thingy ... that was supposed to poison the entire Earth's water supply, or something.
God, I hope you're kidding or I'm going to go outside and take a 15 pound sledge to my Alias DVDs

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 05:16 PM #19 of 50
But I thought the giant red floating ball (wasn't it called "the circumference"?) was just part of the Rambaldi device? Sydney encountered two of them in Season 1 and they seemed like part of something larger. Maybe not.

I just thought all the Rambaldi manuscripts together made some awesome thing.

And didn't Sloane at one point say he put it together and and it simply played back a message of love that somehow changed his outlook on life?

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 05:26 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 04:26 PM #20 of 50
Originally Posted by Eleo
And didn't Sloane at one point say he put it together and and it simply played back a message of love that somehow changed his outlook on life?
He did say that, but I don't think it was a literal message, just something he saw that made him do that.

Also, I know they said that Elena Derevko created that thing (I think they called it 'The Mueller Device') using the other Rambaldi artifacts, so since Sloane was a part of her plot, I guess it's possibe he meant he saw the device and that's when he "changed his outlook" or whatever. Like I said though, a lot of it really didn't make sense

Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 06:08 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 03:08 PM #21 of 50
Quote:
God, I hope you're kidding or I'm going to go outside and take a 15 pound sledge to my Alias DVDs
Not only that. It turned people into what could be most aptly described as zombies. If you watch any of the recent episodes, that's the disease they keep referencing Sloane's daughter has.

Oh, and the one word message Sloane recieved simply said, "Peace."

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 06:14 PM #22 of 50
Yeah I remember seeing Sloane's daughter as a zombie. That shit was just dumb.

Actually the show might have jumped that shark at that exact moment. Total lack of originality.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 10:58 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 09:58 PM #23 of 50
Tonight's episode was alright, but someone needs to ask J.J. what's with all the deaths tonight on his shows.

Spoiler:
I'm sorry, but that was way stupid how they killed Nadia off, especially right after they had just brought her back. I mean, it didn't even look like Sloane pushed her that hard, especially right into the conviniently placed glass table. Granted, Nadia never really worked for me as a character (to be honest, I still haven't seen how she came to be on the show), but this was still a stupid way to kill her off.

Renee's death was definitely much better, though. I especially liked how she died thinking Sydney had betrayed her, because it worked in the context of the episode (all the talk about Sydney wanting her to join APO and stuff). But still, this whole cloning thing is kinda far out, even for Alias.

FELIPE NO
Zephos
Syklis Green

Member 994

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 12:45 AM Local time: May 4, 2006, 04:45 PM #24 of 50
The full Rambaldi device, and his ultimate "endgame" and the true meaning of the prophecy is not yet revealed. It was apparently the Mueller device cleansing the world through making people violent and killing each other, and as Syd stopped that it was assumed to be her "[rendering] the greatest power unto utter desolation". But as the rest of it hasn't been fulfilled ("only one (Syd or Nadia) will survive" and "she will bring forth my works") it's probably not the big one.

The device at the end of season 2 was Il Dire (The Telling), which told Sloane where to find the Passenger (and various other devices related to her) who, in turn, would be able to find the Sphere of Life which apparently contains Rambaldi's soul/essence. As I haven't yet seen Season 5 (and will NOT be spoiled) I don't know if that's in the mix yet, but considering it was what Sloane's been after since Season 2 at the latest, I'm guessing it has a bigger part to play, and may well be vital to the final "endgame"/Rambaldi revelation.

So, in short, the entire Rambaldi thing is still a mystery. We may as well be at square one.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 10:19 AM #25 of 50
Wow, J.J. Abrams is an ass for not telling.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Alias Discussion