Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The end of an Era
Closed Thread

NeoRebel
Project Justice

Member 1107

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 01:17 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 03:17 PM #1 of 18
The end of an Era

Some of my friends right here already knows what was going on to me lately. They knows about my mom's struggle against the cancer. And some of you gave me total support, filling me with hope and faith to fight at her side, helping her with all I could do.

This horrible war ended yesterday, 03-17-2006, 8:43 pm, GMT -3, when she passed away.

I came back from the funeral hours ago. It was an emotional ceremony. My dad cried a lot. And my sisters... damn, one of them, the pregnant one, couldn't control herself, saying that she should live enough to see her grandson.

I have no more words, I'm crying right now. When I try imagining the future without her, all I can see is a blur.

For all those help me out, no matter the distance, for the Scoremania and GFF folks who fought by my side all this time... Thank you.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by NeoRebel; Mar 18, 2006 at 01:38 PM.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 01:22 PM #2 of 18
Really sorry for your loss, mate. Losing a parent must be one of the most terrible things to ever go through - I can NOT imagine it, myself.

Stay strong, and try to help your family. Remember youre a family, even without your Mom - you need to stand together and keep on going.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 01:41 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 11:41 AM #3 of 18
I'm sorry NeoRebel. =(

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 06:15 PM #4 of 18
I am sorry about your loss, NeoRebel. My condolences to you and your family.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Jay
From Beyond

Member 1244

Level 16.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 06:24 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 12:24 AM #5 of 18
Sorry I haven't read this message earlier dude. I am really sorry for your loss.
Losing a parent is probably one of the worst things that could happen to someone.

My deepest condolences to you and the rest of your family bro. May your mother rest in peace.

I was speaking idiomatically.
NYRSkate
Happy Hour in Hell's Sports Bar

Member 4

Level 18.19

Feb 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 06:28 PM #6 of 18
My father died three months ago. My mother didn't cry.

Be happy you have a supportive family.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
<Mercarios> I voted for hut hut, because it's a superior track, but you gotta draw a line between having fun and going too far
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 07:10 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 02:10 PM #7 of 18
I don't know what's its like to lose a parent, but still I'm sorry to hear the news .

And Sassafrass is right, even though your mom has passed away you need to be there for the rest of your family. I'm sure they're not taking it any easier.
If you ever need a talk don't hesitate to look me up (PM or IM.) Take care.

FELIPE NO
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:53 PM #8 of 18
You're a very strong person to be able to discuss it with others already.
Hang in there and never give up
Know that she will never have to suffer again.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Crowdmaker
I should be working

Member 950

Level 19.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 01:29 AM #9 of 18
My condolences, NeoRebel. Be strong. I know how it's like to lose someone really close, and well, banal but scarily true - time really does make things better. But for the moment, do well to surround yourself with supportive friends and family so when you feel the need to talk about stuff you can. But also be sure to give yourself time alone when you need it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Arc
Gold Chocobo

Member 256

Level 30.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 02:03 AM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 03:03 PM #10 of 18
I'm very sorry to hear this, Neo. Not long ago, when my grandfather passed away due to a stroke relapse, I nearly cried my heart out, for he is one of my dearest in the family. At then I thought I wouldn't survive as a whole in due course, because the impact is too strong for the feeble-hearted me to bear--I've never before experienced any loss of my family members.

But I lived.

Don't give up living, really, because I'm sure your mum would be distressed if she knew it up there. Her departure might signify a good thing, tell yourself, now that she's liberated from this suffering (My once-active grandfather was barred from the outside world for nearly fifteen years because of his impaired movement, and bedridden for a month, before he succumbs)

My deepest condolences to you, my friend. Compared to other GFF members, I am not an expert in consolation, but I truly hope time will wash away those painful moments. Cry if you need to, because that is one catalyst to lighten yourself. But don't get overly depressed, for this is life.

Do look me up on MSN some time when you feel better, and we'll have a talk.

Regards,
Arc

He who can predict winning numbers should not set off fire crackers.
NeoRebel
Project Justice

Member 1107

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 02:54 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 04:54 PM #11 of 18
The Day After

Thanks for all support, folks. I thought today it would be easier than yesterday... but it didn't.

I woke up and went washing my face. I looked to the mirror...

... and, for the first time ever, I didn't recognize myself.

I went to the church anyways, and a passage of the Bible went to my heart.

Lord consoled me. And when I came here today, and saw these lot of posts, most of them from old friends, I felt more relieved. It still hurts, but now I know....

As Arc said, I will live.

I have one last request to the GFF moderators: I may be gone for a while, settling some things that must be solved now that my mother's gone. So, please, don't delete my account, if possible.

Ah, the passage?

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." (2 Corinthians 4:8,9)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
MisterMercenary
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 3509

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:17 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 08:17 PM #12 of 18
I feel your pain. I lost my dad to cancer. He had it for 6 months...
We're all here you know, Dont forget thst.

How ya doing, buddy?
Safer Serge
preparing myself to take over the world

Member 800

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 09:53 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 11:53 PM #13 of 18
I'm deeply sorry for your loss, NeoRebel. As all our friends here said, be strong and be assured you can count on us.

I lost an uncle one year ago, and it was awful too, especially because it wasn't expected. He visited our family and, five minutes after he left our house, he was dead, killed by an heart attack.

One thing that might help you get through this is to remember that she was suffering a lot and now she is fine, she's together with God and hoping that you and your family can move on and be happy.

Good luck, my friend. And please PM me if you need to talk about this. I'll be always ready to listen.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:33 PM #14 of 18
I'm really sorry for your loss. Though I'm not too familiar with your situation, I believe I can relate to how you feel, having lost my mother to cancer as well. Like many others, my comforting skills are lacking, but I'll offer what I can.

Though the loss of a parent is something that you'll never completely get over, life goes on. Surely, your mother would want you and your family to stay strong. It seems like you've begun to do so already, but remember to look to things such as your family, friends, and faith for support.

Remember, greiving is a process. You'll have to go through all the steps to be able to recover and move on; and despite how it might feel sometimes, it's for the best.

So if you ever need something, I'll be around. Hang in there; we're here for you.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
thirdjean
(Former sandrff8) We don't need a heroine.

Member 1486

Level 11.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:55 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 11:55 PM #15 of 18
I'm so sorry, NeoRebel, for your mother and me not being able to give you any useful advice.
Make sure you eat and sleep properly and keep yourself healthy. Remember to turn to your friends when you feel that you can't handle all this by yourself. You're not alone. We're all here, too. PM me if you feel like a chat.

FELIPE NO
+Kingdom Hearts II+
Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:24 PM #16 of 18
There's nothing we can do for your mother Neo, but I and many others hope you will regain that strength you had. The strength you found when fighting your mom's cancer with her. The strength of hope you had for the future.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 09:08 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 08:08 PM #17 of 18
man, trying times, i'm sure.

Know that you have my support. I can't even imagine how something like this must feel, but i still sympathize. My condolences to you and your family.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
NeoRebel
Project Justice

Member 1107

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 08:27 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 10:27 AM #18 of 18
It sure are trying times... but I'll live. The battle, the struggle... and the life goes on. I'll try no dissapear, but I can't promise.

And thanks for all for the support.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > The end of an Era