Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Ni no Kuni: Wrath of All Y'All Niggas That Got Swindled

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:53 AM #26 of 131
I called and threw a shitfit about my other cancel. No dice. Blah blah I have the regular edition they can go fuck themselves great game yadda yadda.
Yeah, there were a pile of cancellations going on yesterday. I'd say a nice chunk of people were getting told their CCs didn't go through. Some people had to go higher up the chain and finally get someone who would replace the order and everything went fine after that.

Hopefully Namco decides to drop Digital River in the future. I know I've been told before, but this launch has been a big headache. Of course Amazon isn't helping either with me having had the guide pre-ordered since the first day it was announced, only to be left with my thumbs twiddling because I don't have Prime and having to hope that a new shipment comes in.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:14 PM Local time: Jan 23, 2013, 09:14 PM #27 of 131
Of course Amazon isn't helping either with me having had the guide pre-ordered since the first day it was announced, only to be left with my thumbs twiddling because I don't have Prime and having to hope that a new shipment comes in.
You could always, you know, play the game yourself rather than reading someone else telling you how to play it then if you're worried about missing stuff, come back and get the bits you missed once someone has copy-pasted the official guide into gamefaqs next week (Along with a "legal" section that tells you you're not allowed to copy the stuff they've copied from somewhere else, lol).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:21 PM #28 of 131
Something hit my credit card on Monday and I hadn't noticed, and it ended up being like, $2 short... And my WE preorder was canceled. Needless to say, I am not impressed.

That said... I'll pick up a regular edition next week on payday (assuming I can find one), and that's good ENOUGH, I guess. Sucks though that I miss out on the extra content.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:41 PM #29 of 131
I don't play games by the guides on the first playthrough, but I'd like to have it in just incase I get stuck, or something to look at while I get sleepy and ready for bed. It's a non-spoiler guide anyway.

Call Digital River up, and ask to speak to a manager/supervisor. They've been fixing cancelled orders for the past couple of days.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:51 PM #30 of 131
I've got a pending charge on my credit card and I haven't gotten an email if it's been cancelled or not. I'm hoping I got lucky and they're just really shit at shipping things out.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:55 PM #31 of 131
Just got my shipping confirmation, so it should be here sometime tomorrow. Like I said earlier, people HAVE been able to get their cancellations re-ordered by going a little bit higher up the chain at Digital River. Their systems are the one that massively dropped the ball on this release.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by dagget; Jan 23, 2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:15 PM #32 of 131
More like ebay scalpers placed orders in mass and are now selling it for 300 to 400 bucks.

My order got fucking cancelled. I called up Digital River to see if I could get it put back in place but no dice. They fucked up and I get 20% off anything else they sell. Why should I trust that potential discount product to ever ship when they can't do this properly? I really hope Namco how much they fucked up with this and print more copies of the Wizard's Edition. I'm so mad I might just not buy the game period until I get what I want.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:36 PM Local time: Jan 24, 2013, 05:36 PM #33 of 131
Yup, the gf's order got canceled this morning too. Did they offer you 20%? Because they offered her $20 (in credit, which expires in March).

She was more sad than mad, and that really pissed me off about Digital River. I would throw their credit in their face if, you know, it were in physical form.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:55 PM #34 of 131
20% ?

$20 ?

whatever

point is the only time i'll even spend it is when they open up orders for the wizard's edition again and if it won't go towards that then nope fuck their shitty business practice of enticing and goading victims of their shitty store into giving them any money

you may think its an over-reaction but if they don't fix this then complaints should be lodged against them at the better business bureau

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started

fucking bullshit

i mad

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:14 PM Local time: Jan 24, 2013, 07:14 PM #35 of 131
I really hope Namco how much they fucked up with this and print more copies of the Wizard's Edition.
Ahahaha. Nope. That's pretty damn unlikely. They are ignoring, shutting down, and otherwise not paying attention to anything for this release.

Namco doesn't give a fuck. They couldn't give LESS of a fuck if they tried. It's embarrassing.

But no, I doubt there will be additional copies. At this point my primary concern is that the people who paid via paypal but didn't get anything out of it are actually going to get their money back. I'm betting no.

Quote:
I'm so mad I might just not buy the game period until I get what I want.
A common sentiment, I'm finding. This will hurt this game a lot. What a fucking joke.

And to think that some people used the coupon to reorder the wizard edition last night when it went up for mystery sale again and they HAVE gotten their fucking shipment confirmations.

Blows my MIND. I haven't seen a fuck up of this caliber in years. They deserve to mauled to death by bears.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:55 PM 1 #36 of 131
A common sentiment, I'm finding. This will hurt this game a lot. What a fucking joke.
You know what I'm angry enough to take it a step further.

I will no longer be buying any Namco Bandai games. At the least not unless they become super cheap and second hand that the publisher gets zero dollars of my money. And that sucks because I hate fucking over the developers this way but I am this mad.

So here are the game franchises that I was interested in or have supported in the past that will receive no more future funding from me as a vote of confidence to make more titles or any title published by Namco Bandai: Ace Combat, Tales of, .hack, Klonoa (truly heartbreaking), Katamari Damacy, Soulcalibur, The Idolmaster (like it would ever make it over here but hey you never know), Project X Zone, various One Piece games, Dark Souls, and potentially the next Super Smash Bros.

Also fuck any pre-order-only DLC bullshit that Namco Bandai is pulling. Exclusive DLC should be fucking illegal. It's entirely anti-consumer.

Here's what Namco Bandai would like you to believe:
YouTube Video

I am having none of it and neither is Percy.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:00 PM #37 of 131
I'd decided to pick up Ni no Kuni from Best Buy since I've got quite a few $5 off coupons, but it looks like that won't be happening. All week it's been available at no more than 2-3 locations within 100 miles at any given time, and those locations shift daily. As of right now I'd have to drive over an hour and hope their website is correct, which is a big if. I guess I'll probably end up borrowing Nutty's copy once he's done with it after all.

The best part about this is how Namco is going to cite low sales when they're literally refusing to sell us their product.

So here are the game franchises that I was interested in or have supported in the past that will receive no more future funding from me as a vote of confidence to make more titles or any title published by Namco Bandai: Ace Combat, Tales of, .hack, Klonoa (truly heartbreaking), Katamari Damacy, Soulcalibur, The Idolmaster (like it would ever make it over here but hey you never know), Project X Zone, various One Piece games, Dark Souls, and potentially the next Super Smash Bros.
You probably won't be missing much from most of those series anyway. I was honestly surprised that they released the last volume of .Hack//GU, even if it did take them a year longer than it should have. Project X Zone and that card game that's sort of based on .Hack will probably be the only things we'll ever see in the west. We usually only get one Tales of game per decade too.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:08 PM #38 of 131
This pisser of all this is, last night a "backdoor link" popped up, when clicked it auto added the Wizard Edition to your cart. That was the ONLY way to do it, however it was never meant to be open to the public, it was a CS only link. So people would order 1, 2, 3 or more copies through that link and it went through and shipped, because it had "CS Order" written on it. That was supposed to only be for customers trying to get their cancelled orders back. But it got leaked somehow and a lot of people are insanely pissed over it.

*some* people who have cancellation emails have also received shipping confirmation (if their order still read In process and not Cancelled) hours later.

This has been a giant clusterfuck and places like IGN and Kotaku have already been reporting on it. It doesn't help matters that some people have called DR's CS and were hung up on and in some cases, point-blank laughed at over this. It's a shame that some game companies still rely on them for their distribution.

Also, PlayCanada has pretty much admitted they made a deal with namco to buy like 400 copies of the Wizard Edition first run and are now charging $400-500+ because of the shitstorm Digital River caused.

Most amazing jew boots

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:28 PM Local time: Jan 24, 2013, 09:28 PM #39 of 131
People also got to use the coupon they were given for their refund to get that CS Order in, so they not only nabbed a copy despite losing earlier, it was also cheaper.

Which is so hilariously shitbrained it's painful.

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:37 PM #40 of 131
I think this is pretty fucking funny (in a I'm laughing but I want to strangle these asshole's necks funny) that everyone who got an order in through the Customer Service link feel justified for doing so. Trying to make everyone believe that they didn't steal anyone else's orders, but only those people who were "stupid enough to get their order cancelled".

This is seriously one of the most fucked up launches I've ever seen.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:48 PM Local time: Jan 24, 2013, 09:48 PM 4 #41 of 131
This whole thing is just crazy.

It's no surprise that they didn't magically acquire any new stock for the 17th. They used the copies that were from orders that got canceled due to invalid addresses or payment information.

PlayCanada ordered their 400-500 copies during the Ni No Starter campaign since at the time there was no limit to how much could be ordered. They've been selling it since August and people who bought it are getting a "promise" that once Namco ships them they will be sent out. Not even going to comment on how stupid it is to allow a known scalper to get so many at once, even if at the time they were being made to cover pre-orders and they were copies that wouldn't have existed if the order wasn't placed.

They screwed up horribly on their second round on the 17th and ended up letting more pre-orders go through than they had stock for (The Digital River response to this at first was that Namco had lied to them and never gave them any copies, so no order from the 17th would be filled period). Even while limiting you to a quantity of one (the secret link to do this later also was limited to one) you could just make another order and still get more copies. To make it worse, their system managed to screw up the orders and were canceling some of them instead of letting them become shipped. To attempt to fix this, they sent some people e-mails saying that because they had originally ordered before the supply was exhausted they would be given a chance to re-order and be placed in front of everyone else. This is the "backdoor link" as it is called because it was intended for employee use only to help get orders to those who were wronged.

The problem? They gave it out to people. Once you have given it out to someone they are not going to keep it to themselves. So it went around to all the various forums and websites talking about it and for about one hour anyone could have placed an order for it and they will retain priority over everyone else. While those orders were being filled the other orders placed on the 17th are being canceled.

The sad thing is that some people receiving their orders are missing things from it. Pretty shitty that you get past one hurdle and get met with another.

Digital River sadly is used by many companies. Everyone from Square-Enix to Kodak to even Mattel uses them. Something needs to be done so other companies can know that if they use Digital River they will lose the business of many people.

Yes I logged in after seven months of inactivity just to post this. See you in 2014 lololololol

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:51 PM Local time: Jan 24, 2013, 10:51 PM #42 of 131
I almost feel worse for people who got the shipping confirmation as opposed to being dicked over in August, then again pissed that people got to wait until the week before to place an order and get it.

And its a shame that many of you (justifiably) will get it second-hand to ensure lesser profits for Namco as a statement because its a great game. All I can say is that I feel for you and would consider lending someone my copy after I beat it if you otherwise don't have a copy and don't want to support them.

I got the regular edition because I assumed that when they told me in September that I was fucked: that I was actually completely fucked. Even if someone wanted to trade me a steam game I want for the shipping costs to mail my copy around, I don't mind.

<3

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:27 PM #43 of 131
I'd decided to pick up Ni no Kuni from Best Buy since I've got quite a few $5 off coupons, but it looks like that won't be happening. All week it's been available at no more than 2-3 locations within 100 miles at any given time, and those locations shift daily. As of right now I'd have to drive over an hour and hope their website is correct, which is a big if. I guess I'll probably end up borrowing Nutty's copy once he's done with it after all.
A coworker was telling me that he couldn't find any copies around here. Guess I'm lucky Mo0 preordered a normal edition from Amazon.

How ya doing, buddy?
ComradeTande
:B

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:49 AM Local time: Jan 24, 2013, 11:49 PM #44 of 131
We sold out at the store real quick, but to be fair we only got two copies.

Still utter bullshit that most of the people who ordered the 17th didn't get their copies of the wizard edition. What's the use of faking it and making people pay for things they weren't going to get?

After I heard it was going to take upwards to seven days to get my refund, I opened up a paypal dispute and got my cash back within eight hours. I urge others to do the same, or call up your credit card company and call it a fraudulent charge. Anything to get fucking Digital River to give your money back -now-. Because its bullshit that they'd hold onto it that long.

;-; seriously, what the fuck.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:03 AM #45 of 131
The thing is, the orders on the 17th shouldn't have happened anyway. It's a huge debate what the true nature is. Some say that those were held for the people who ordered during the Ni no Starter promotion and had their orders cancelled the week before due to whatever reason and Namco saw that there was a "surplus" and decided to open pre-orders back up, or that PlayCanada made a deal with Digital River to order how ever many they did and Namco wasn't told and held the pre-orders anyway.

No one knows for sure, but the actual final nail was when that backdoor order link was leaked. Since that was the one that held the most weight (with it being pre-approved since it was company use only), it screwed a lot of people out of their orders from the June-Sept order period trying to get it back after Digital River acknowledged the screw up was there and was trying to help get their orders back.

Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:22 AM #46 of 131
Oh hey so that better business bureau thing

Digital River, Inc. Business Review in Minnetonka, MN - Minnesota and North Dakota BBB

Digital River is currently sitting happy with an A+

while Namco Bandai is sitting with an F

NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. Business Review in Santa Clara, CA - Serving the Silicon Valley BBB

Gentlemen...

If you do feel inclined this link will take you to file a complaint against Digital River.

And this one for Namco Bandai.

Additional Spam:
Also here's a petition to sign on change.org.

https://www.change.org/petitions/nam...re_before_sign

I signed it and put my words and my name out in public.

Quote:
Level-5 and Studio Ghibli have made a beautiful game with Ni No Kuni and I tried my best to experience their creation in the best way possible by ordering the Wizard's Edition. Unfortunately Namco Bandai and Digital River have failed in every way of letting me experience this game in full.

I hate doing this but unless Namco Bandai rectifies this I will never buy any game published from them ever again first-hand be it from an online store, brick and mortar pre-order/regular sale, or digital download. I will only buy their games second-hand so that not a red cent ever reaches them. I only wish I could send money directly to the developers as thanks for such a lovely game bypassing such a terrible publisher.

And to Digital River who allowed ebay scalpers to get 200 copies of the game while the rest of us go without, who did not keep track of their stock and gave false hope to us with a second pre-order session, and who then gave out a way to bypass both pre-order systems that had no way of checking who might be ordering I say good day to ever doing business with you again. Beyond potentially getting the Wizard's Edition you are dead to me Digital River. From your terrible customer support to your terrible store: never again.
Additional Spam:
Also, for those that would like to have the book on something other than your TV screen when playing the game someone put book online.

Ni no Kuni Wizard's Companion - Imgur

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jan 25, 2013 at 04:13 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:14 AM #47 of 131
Sorry, but expecting an Internet petition to change anything makes me laugh very hard.

FELIPE NO
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:11 AM 13 #48 of 131
Yes, I know. But at least change.org is slightly better than the old way of doing it. Feel free to ignore it if that's how you feel. I figure it can't hurt.

Additional Spam:
[10:47] * Roflfox (~Roflfox@FF36B2D4.47D14F5F.BFF75C94.IP) has joined #gfchat
[10:47] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Roflfox
[10:47] <Roflfox> woot
[10:47] <Roflfox> updated the NnK thread to reflect current affairs
[10:49] <Q-chan> dat final scene
[10:50] <AcerBandit> tails was there
[10:50] <nuttyturnip> Tails is always there
[10:50] <AcerBandit> WRATH OF ALL Y'ALL NIGGAS THAT GOT SWINDLED
[10:50] <AcerBandit> nice
[10:50] <Roflfox> 8)
[10:51] <Roflfox> I've been not paying attention forever so all I know is that there's apparently not enough of some game where the main character looks like that little boy from Howl's Moving Castle
[10:51] <Roflfox> and everyone is mad
[10:51] <nuttyturnip> all the copies were spirited away
[10:52] <Roflfox> looks like you'll have to go get them back from that... castle... in the sky
[10:52] <Roflfox> yeah you can leave forever
[10:55] <AcerBandit> stop with all the puns, yo
[10:55] <nuttyturnip> nice
[10:56] <Q-chan> guess acer won't get a package from.. kiki's delivery.. service
[10:57] <nuttyturnip> Maybe it was delivered to his neighbor, Totoro
[10:57] <Roflfox> ahahahaha\
[10:57] <Roflfox> You are the worst
[10:58] <AcerBandit> or maybe my neighbors the yamadas
[10:58] <Roflfox> or intercepted by the crimson...pig...
[10:58] <Roflfox> real shit this is groanworthy though
[10:58] <AcerBandit> my sides.gif
[10:59] <Q-chan> whoever started this is a real la puta
[10:59] <AcerBandit> q
[10:59] <AcerBandit> q
[10:59] <AcerBandit> dear god
[10:59] <Q-chan> hi
[11:00] <AcerBandit> dying
[11:00] <Q-chan> we killed acer
[11:00] <AcerBandit> perhaps i'll have to be buried
[11:00] <Q-chan> he will be buried at a grave of the fireflies
[11:01] <Roflfox> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jan 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:23 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2013, 07:23 PM #49 of 131
Apparently Amazon over here have sold out of even the normal version for pre-orders (It's out on the 1st of Feb here) so at this point I'll probably be waiting for more stock and a price drop before I pick it up. At least with it available as a direct download from the PS Store there's no danger of not getting it at all, although it is £45 on there the cheeky bastards (£35 on Amazon).

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:37 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2013, 12:37 PM #50 of 131
The other news this morning is that some dipshit on eBay has sold over 200 copies of the Wizard edition for 400 bucks a pop. Not providing a link because

a) the seller has made the listings private
b) Acer is likely to seizure in his chair from rage

In any case, this shit is fucked, and Bandai Namco should probably say something if this outcry continues on for much longer.

Tags
tails was here, u mad bro?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Ni no Kuni: Wrath of All Y'All Niggas That Got Swindled