Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Ni no Kuni: Wrath of All Y'All Niggas That Got Swindled

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:30 PM #1 of 131
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of All Y'All Niggas That Got Swindled

Ok, so I know I've been going on about this game a bunch lately, but it deserves its own thread.

Developed by Level-5 and animated by the people at Studio Ghibli, this jRPG is probably one of my (as well as many others) most anticipated RPG titles to be announced.

The story is about a boy named Oliver, who tries to save his mother in a different realm, which ends up taking him into an epic journey to save that land.

Here's some trailers:

Ni no Kuni: Innocent Strength

YouTube Video
Error; are you sure that's a YouTube link?

The game will also be dual audio! Where you can play it in English voice overs, or original Japanese audio with English subtitles.

Namco also announced a collector's edition available only from ordering from them.

$100 for:

The Game

Plushy of Drippy

300+ Hardcover beastiary/artbook

2 exclusive DLC characters.

Sad that there's no soundtrack to it, but hey, can't have it all.

If you enjoyed Dragon Quest 8 and 9, Dark Cloud and any other of Level-5's titles as well as Studio Ghibli's works, then you'll love this game.

So let the discussion on this games hopes and interests begin!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:12 AM #2 of 131
The demo has been on the PSN for about a week. It comes in two parts. I played the first part and I'm really enjoying what I've played so far. The game drops in about a month and I know it is going to be one of those titles that will eat a ton of my time.

I expect nothing but great things from this game, anyone else play the demo or have been keeping up with this title?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:31 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2012, 08:31 PM #3 of 131
I loved the Dark Cloud games so I'll take a look at the demo, assuming it's available over here of course.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:11 PM Local time: Dec 23, 2012, 11:11 AM #4 of 131
I played the demo and I was surprised at how difficult the combat was. I don't think the demo explained the combat mechanics too well, hopefully that will change with the main game. Other than that I thought the game was very charming and loved the art direction and graphics. I'll definitely pick this one up.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:59 PM #5 of 131
It took me a while to figure it out, also. Once I did though, I was able to fare a bit better during it.

Here's a video from IGN going into the details of Battle Mechanics (they did a few days ago)

Ni no Kuni Battle System

I was speaking idiomatically.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:05 PM Local time: Dec 23, 2012, 04:05 PM #6 of 131
The girlfriend preordered it last night on Amazon. She was a little disappointed that the Wizard Edition was sold out on Namco-Bandai's website, but ultimately she decided it's not all that important.

Strangely, I still haven't tried the demo. Will do so soon.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:24 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2012, 10:24 PM #7 of 131
The Wizard Edition is not worth it. $69-79 sure, but $99 is much too steep.

Played the demo as well, like the flow of combat and the game as a whole. Artwork is beautiful, and dual audio doesn't hurt either. Easily a day one purchase.

FELIPE NO
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:54 PM Local time: Dec 27, 2012, 12:54 PM #8 of 131
The girlfriend preordered it last night on Amazon. She was a little disappointed that the Wizard Edition was sold out on Namco-Bandai's website, but ultimately she decided it's not all that important.

Strangely, I still haven't tried the demo. Will do so soon.
It was only available for about a month, but they originally said that they'd add more content to the CE based on preorders.....then cut it off when they had sold out of their quantity. Even worse, I randomly got an email last month saying my order was canceled and when I called and asked why, they couldn't explain, but were certain that they could not put it back in place as they were sold out. -_-

I'm a little disappointed in missing out on the DLC if anything.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:28 PM #9 of 131
Hmmm, that's very interesting. I may have to check my pre-order from them to make sure they didn't cancel mine either. I know I ordered as soon as it was announced (even paid the $17 for next day shipping) so if they are starting to cancel orders, I'm sure a lot of people will end up being pissed.

They got to about halfway into goal 3 with their Ni no Starter program. The Wizard's Edition will have 5 art cards, a golden coin and a soundtrack sampler. ( I would have loved a full soundtrack but meh)

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:37 PM Local time: Dec 27, 2012, 06:37 PM #10 of 131
Cancelling POs even AFTER charging you beforehand for the product?

God damn, Namco. What a fucking joke.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:12 PM Local time: Dec 28, 2012, 07:12 PM #11 of 131
It isn't the first time either. Namco cancelled many Dark Souls CE pre-order copies from their own store AND didn't send enough to retailers to cover their pre-order quota. Looks like they haven't learned much from that experience.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:42 AM Local time: Dec 29, 2012, 12:42 AM #12 of 131
And this is why you let the retailers sell the product to consumers. If I didn't want the game so damn bad, I'd just wait for a used copy to come into a GameStop.

At least they were fast about giving me a refund.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:36 PM #13 of 131
Namco announced that the Wizard's Edition will be back in stock tomorrow from their website, so if anyone's interested in it or missed that window of opportunity, you can snag it.

Shop Namco Bandai Games Online Store

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:08 AM Local time: Jan 16, 2013, 11:08 PM #14 of 131
lmao

Why did they close that preorder thermometer = new shit thing then?

oh yeah because they didn't want to actually include any extra shit.

fuckin' namco. After cancelling people's shit too. God.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:14 AM #15 of 131
That's probably what these "new stock" are. The people who pre-ordered but then for whatever reason, was cancelled (invalid cards, addresses, etc...)

If it means anything, Digital River handles their shipping and I've heard tales of Digital River being god-awful.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Unboxing Video - YouTube
the unboxing of the Wizard's Edition

FELIPE NO

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:40 AM Local time: Jan 17, 2013, 07:40 AM #16 of 131
Considering they took the money up front, there really shouldn't have been any transaction failures leading to freed up stock, though.

So who knows.

Maybe they overproduced for demand again and are expecting ridiculous sales for it. ANd then will complain about bad sales are later when it's not a 4M plus mover.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jan 17, 2013 at 09:10 AM. Reason: YOU DOUBLE POSTER YOU
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:09 AM #17 of 131
Namco announced that the Wizard's Edition will be back in stock tomorrow from their website, so if anyone's interested in it or missed that window of opportunity, you can snag it.

Still not available to buy.

That video just made me want it more.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:06 PM #18 of 131
They only took the money upfront if you used PayPal. If you had to change your credit card information or address you had to call Digital River's CS and from everything I've seen from people's complaints, their CS is horrendous.

Still not available to buy.

That video just made me want it more.
10 AM PST... so in an hour, get your trigger finger ready :P

Last edited by dagget; Jan 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:04 PM #19 of 131
Damn. This is actually the first I'm seeing of this game (I've seen the title tossed around but didn't know what it was) and I have to say this is probably going on my instant-buy list.

Or at least my buy-as-soon-as-you-have-money list. This looks pretty damn awesome.

(Sidenote: Just pre-ordered through the site. Didn't see an option on the product page, but you can click pre-order on the PS3 game list page.)

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr

Last edited by Sousuke; Jan 17, 2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:13 PM #20 of 131
Yeah sousuke, I was sweating it out when I kept refreshing the page and nothing happened.

Dag told me you have to go to the main page and it'll be listed as a pre-order item. Click on the pre-order button and then it'll go into your shopping cart.

Got mine pre-ordered. Glad they decided to allow for more orders as I was kind of bummed out that I'd missed it the first time.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:18 PM Local time: Jan 17, 2013, 07:18 PM #21 of 131
Over here Amazon are offering a couple of in-game monsters as DLC, some Griffon thing and a Butterfly. Anyone know if these are paid for DLC jobbies or available later in the game? I'm pretty tempted to pre-order this but I do have other things to play at the moment and thos'll probably drop in price pretty quickly so if it's just get the things early I might hold off on pre-ordering.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:23 PM Local time: Jan 17, 2013, 06:23 PM #22 of 131
Anyone know if these are paid for DLC jobbies or available later in the game? I'm pretty tempted to pre-order this but I do have other things to play at the moment and thos'll probably drop in price pretty quickly so if it's just get the things early I might hold off on pre-ordering.
For what it's worth, Namco has a history of NOT offering pre-order DLC for sale later, so if you're big on those DLC monsters, that's a thing.

There are a few retailer specific DLC monsters, though, and that's all stupid. Imma just gonna go with whatever the Wizard's Edition contains and call it there.

Most amazing jew boots
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:22 PM Local time: Jan 18, 2013, 12:22 PM #23 of 131
Looks like it sold out again? So one day of quietly taking new orders and that's it. Fortunately the gf nabbed it and canceled her regular edition order on Amazon. As of last night they had still not sent a confirmation email, but she took screenshots of the confirmation on the page.

We'll see how Digital River's legendarily bad customer service handles this if she doesn't get her order. I remember having to deal with them a few times for my copy of Windows 7 from the Microsoft Student website. Jesus Christ.

EDIT: Just spoke with her and the email came this morning. That instills a tiny bit more confidence.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Jan 18, 2013 at 02:26 PM.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:10 AM 3 #24 of 131
Every time I say "Ni No Kuni" I end up thinking... :I

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:38 AM Local time: Jan 23, 2013, 03:38 AM #25 of 131
Looks like it sold out again? So one day of quietly taking new orders and that's it. Fortunately the gf nabbed it and canceled her regular edition order on Amazon. As of last night they had still not sent a confirmation email, but she took screenshots of the confirmation on the page.

We'll see how Digital River's legendarily bad customer service handles this if she doesn't get her order. I remember having to deal with them a few times for my copy of Windows 7 from the Microsoft Student website. Jesus Christ.

EDIT: Just spoke with her and the email came this morning. That instills a tiny bit more confidence.
I called and threw a shitfit about my other cancel. No dice. Blah blah I have the regular edition they can go fuck themselves great game yadda yadda.

Most amazing jew boots

Tags
tails was here, u mad bro?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Ni no Kuni: Wrath of All Y'All Niggas That Got Swindled