Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Teenage Mutant Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2009, 12:54 PM #1 of 11
Teenage Mutant Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

NINJA GAIDEN ƒ°2 | TECMO

Anybody excited about this game?
I played Ninja Gaiden on the original XBOX and it was one of the best games I've ever played.

Now I got a PS3 and I'm looking forward to play this game this fall"!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2009, 09:55 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2009, 08:55 PM #2 of 11
This is definitely one of my most anticipated games at the moment, so I'll probably be picking it up as soon as it comes out. I really enjoyed the first game, and this one looks to be just as good.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2009, 12:24 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2009, 11:24 PM 1 #3 of 11
Let's hope this release fixes the shitty crash bugs, horrible camera, constant falling through the geometry, getting stuck in a wall run, cutscene loading errors and other general unpolished horseshit this thing had when it dropped on the Xbox.

Because for real, god damn. It made the whole thing far more frustrating that it needed to be.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2009, 07:05 AM #4 of 11
Those issues will hopefully be fixed.
Gametrailers.com - Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - GDC 09: New Characters and Co-Op Interview HD

I agree on the bad camera angles at certain times, but didn't experience those other problems you mentioned when I played Ninja Gaiden ^^

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2009, 09:08 AM #5 of 11
Let's hope this release fixes the shitty crash bugs, horrible camera, constant falling through the geometry, getting stuck in a wall run, cutscene loading errors and other general unpolished horseshit this thing had when it dropped on the Xbox.

Because for real, god damn. It made the whole thing far more frustrating that it needed to be.
Amen. I also had some problems with slowdown where there were so many enemies on the screen, it looked like I was playing in slow motion. This looks promising and seeing Ayane (my most used character on DoA) as a playable character is win. There's also Rin as a playable character, but what I'm looking forward to seeing is the co-op mode and how it will play out.

After Itagaki left, I think we all knew there was going to be another Ninja Gaiden on the PS3.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2009, 02:33 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2009, 01:33 PM #6 of 11
I agree on the bad camera angles at certain times, but didn't experience those other problems you mentioned when I played Ninja Gaiden ^^
That's because I'm not talking about the original. I'm talking about NG2.

Y'know, the game this is a port of.

SuperSonic: We can only hope. The game deserves a release that doesn't make it look like unfinished garbage. I hope this is it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 08:39 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 07:39 PM #7 of 11
Hmm, I thought NGII was exclusive to 360 and would never see a port because it was published by MGS, much like Gears of War. Man, I wish they had announced this sooner, I would have waited for the Sigma version had I known there was going to be one.

Ayane looks pretty sweet, it's nice to see some of her moves from DOA being implemented, definitely looking forward to play as her. The new character looks pretty neat. Coop play should be interesting, hopefully split-screen coop is available (even though it's likely to be shitty). And yes please fix the god awful camera in this version.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2009, 04:05 AM Local time: Sep 17, 2009, 03:05 AM #8 of 11
Demo is up on the Jap store now, and it'll be up on the US store on the 24th (the Japanese demo has options for full English though, so there's really no reason not to get it a week early if you're looking forward to trying it out).

I enjoyed the demo immensely, and definitely have no qualms about pre-ordering the fame. Just like the first NGS, it was challenging but fun, the kind of challenge that you feel satisfied whenever you do beat. The first stage with Ryu was pretty easy for the most part, though the boss battle at the end took me more than a few times to beat. As for Ayane, I thought she played pretty well (almost not different enough than Ryu), and I think overall she'll be a good addition to the game.

As for the Team Challenges, it sucks that you can only play them with the CPU and not a real player (have to wait for the full game for that), but they were still a lot of fun. I didn't dabble too much with the missions in the original Sigma, but I can see myself taking all of these on because I can see the co-op being pretty damn fun. Having a partner to watch your back adds another layer to the gameplay, as you can revive your fallen partner and you can cast magic together that makes it more devastating.

Can't believe the game is less than two weeks away already. I'm definitely ready for it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2009, 05:27 PM #9 of 11
I couldn't play the first one for shit. Maybe I'm getting too old for super-hardcore games. Or maybe I just suck at this title.

I may download the demo and see how it is, though. More than likely I won't pick it up, though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2009, 07:13 PM #10 of 11
The second one is surprisingly easier and better at pullng off crazy combos. If I could have actually beat the first one I would definitely pick this one up but I gave up at the part where I was suppose to shoot down the bastards at the satellite with the shitty bow while being attacked.
After I left the game alone, I lost interest. Sure I can go back and keep trying to beat it which I probably will be able to but it's a lost cause for me now.

Most amazing jew boots

New Record!
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2009, 12:53 AM #11 of 11
I got around to downloading the demo today and well...I encountered lag issues in the first level. I reached a point in the city where I jumped into a water canal and had to fight off enemies and that's where it happened. Seems like this is more of a port than I thought, but I can't write it off just yet. Maybe the final product has those issues fixed. It was pretty much the same going through the first level with Ryu and only being equipped with a sword and shuriken, plus a bow.

Then all was forgiven when I completed the first level, which was the end of the demo for Ryu and up came "You have unlocked Ayane."

Ayane, while not as powerful as Ryu, is friggin fast. Her constant trademark spinning techniques make an appearance here and her fast combos with the ultimate techniques were just jaw-dropping to me. Ayane's ninpo technique is just one huge shockwave blast that eliminates all enemies within a certain radius.

There are also a couple of team missions in the demo which you're able to play as one character and have another character as your partner which is controlled by the computer. You are able to select your primary weapon, your throwing weapon, and your ninpo technique. You and your partner each have a lifebar, and when I used a ninpo technique it was a tag team effort. It caused it huge friggin explosion and wiped out everything on the screen.

It's still a shame they left a lot of the blood out in this game. Looking back on the 360 version it was one of the bloodiest games I had ever played (I'm getting to God of War eventually). Still, the demo was decent. I highly recommend trying that out before thinking about any purchases. I'm probably going to wait a year or two for the price to drop before I get this.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Teenage Mutant Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2