Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Wipeout HD; Oh my God, look at the size of my erection, micropenis notwithstanding

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 11:52 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2008, 10:52 AM 1 #26 of 38
I was wondering about the differing ship stats, mostly because it seems like that ship you use during Zones has all of its stats maxed out and I usually handle that thing fairly well compared to the other ones - mostly when it comes to turning.
Like what, exactly? What each one does? Yeah, zone ships are maxed. They've also got a better center of balance than some of the other ships. (Some swing out a bit more.)

Quote:
Turning is probably my biggest flaw, actually.
Honestly, I'm hoping it is. If your largest flaw was the straights, I'd be concerned.

Quote:
I always take the turns so goddamn wide that I just slow way down, even though I’m cranking the gas and the airbrake the entire time. Are you supposed to let up off of the gas at all for sharper turns? I never let go of X, but whoever I’m racing seems to just blaze right by me.
Letting go of the gas and sideshifting are great recovery tricks if you fudge the line on the turn. They aren't optimal, but they'll work. Unless you're far enough to be in the later speed classes, you won't need to coast through anything if you enter wide, hit apex, accelerate out.

Quote:
I should probably just start the campaign over without auto pilot, as that's the only way I'm going to learn.
Just redo them all instead of a data wipe. You can at least continue to unlock skins that way.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Oct 14, 2008 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Forgot a letter :(
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:05 PM #27 of 38
All this did was make me want to play Wipeout XL when I get home

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 01:02 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2008, 07:02 PM #28 of 38
enter wide, hit apex, accelerate out.
And assuming this handles anything like all the other Wipeout games, turn in a lot earlier than you would in a car racing game and try to avoid using the airbrakes unless you really need them.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 04:10 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2008, 01:10 PM #29 of 38
Yeah, I use the airbrakes too much. Slows me down, and because of the slide effect I tend to get T-boned by the kamikaze pilots that figure steering is optional.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2008, 08:59 PM #30 of 38
Seriously is there some sort of ramming trick or is it that damn autopilot that people online turn on cause I see them pounce on me like crazy. At normal and slow speeds I can almost always be 1st and 2nd place but then I see people go back and fourth between the walls and zig zag like no tomorrow. Luckily I found lots of jumps using the boost that cuts down tremendously on time and gets you first place just about everytime.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

New Record!
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Oct 24, 2008, 06:10 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2008, 11:10 AM 2 #31 of 38
My brother and I coughed up for this yesterday.

Seriously, this game is beautiful. I'm leaking glee everywhere. Rusty as fuck on the series in general, though, so I'm not going to take it online quiiiite yet.

FELIPE NO
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:56 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2009, 08:56 AM #32 of 38
This thread is in serious need of a kick, and here is an incredibly worthwhile reason to do so: new online multiplayer options are coming at some point today. The free update includes a number of tweaks, including the ability to send actual game invites, create friend-only lobbies, online rankings, additional game creation options and a spectator mode for those joining games already in progress.

Sounds like a return to WipEout HD might be in order.

Full details: [ source ]

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2009, 07:14 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2009, 12:14 PM #33 of 38
Seems like another return to WipEout HD is due this week as the Fury expansion hits:

Quote:
A new expansion pack for WipEout HD has been revealed thanks to a developer post on the Playstation Blog. Dubbed Fury, the expansion pack will feature a ton of new content for a pretty reasonable price. Not only that, but the game is also set to receive a free update in the same week of release.

The Fury expansion pack is set to arrive on Thursday, July 23rd on the Playstation Network, and will sell for $9.99. Meanwhile, the free update for the existing game is set to include new tweaks to the menus, a brand new statistics section, and some new community features. The update will launch on Tuesday, July 21, at roughly 5 PM GMT and will automatically download if players start the game up after that.

According to programmer Zico Liu, the expansion pack actually sounds almost like it's a game unto itself. It's set to provide three new race modes—Detonator, Eliminator, and Zone Battle—as well as twelve new tracks and thirteen new ships to play. The expansion will also feature a new campaign (with additional trophies to earn), a revamped menu system, and six new musical tracks.

Eliminator Mode was apparently taken from WipEout Pulse and received some improvements (like the ability to fire on opponents while driving backwards), while Zone Battle Mode will allow up to eight players to duke it out while racing for a target zone. Meanwhile, Detonator Mode will have players racing across a track strewn with mines and bombs; players will have to avoid them or detonate them with the pulse cannon attached to their ships. All in all, it sounds like Fury will be a great play experience for anyone who's enjoyed WipEout HD so far.
[ source ]

Sounds ace to me, and from the trailer I've seen (available on the PSN and probably online somewhere) also looks ace. Count me in.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2009, 06:49 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2009, 05:49 PM #34 of 38
So, zone battle is some serious fucking awesome. A good blend of strategy and skill, but I would like to try it against something that's not the terribly stupid AI.

So who's up for some multi?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2009, 08:34 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2009, 05:34 PM #35 of 38
Oh, that released. I gots me some purchasing to do.

I bet I still won't be much of a challenge for Skills though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2009, 04:43 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2009, 09:43 AM #36 of 38
You know I'm down Skills whenever we're both about, though I might need to give the game a go first so I know what it's all about.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 25, 2009, 04:44 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2009, 09:44 AM #37 of 38
It's on. The new modes are FUCKING SICK.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jul 25, 2009, 10:49 AM #38 of 38
HD Fury is the shit, been playing it like crazy. i'm honestly been doing campaign, but id love to do some MP with you guys. Zone Battle I get...but the AI seems to win. I'll get the hang of it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Wipeout HD; Oh my God, look at the size of my erection, micropenis notwithstanding