Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Ni no Kuni: Wrath of All Y'All Niggas That Got Swindled

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:49 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2013, 12:49 PM #126 of 131
I'm still waiting for a month or two before the price goes a bit lower.

I've been hearing good and bad things about this game. I really hope this won't be boring and a chore to finish.

Most amazing jew boots
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2013, 04:21 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2013, 10:21 PM #127 of 131
I got it as a birthday present and I'm enjoying it so far. Played about 8 hours, just going into the Trial of Sages or something like that now. So far all the quests have been very straight forward go here get that but I'm guessing finding the right heart bits gets more complex later. Just met the girl which has made combat helluva more complicated, primarily in terms of keeping her alive during hunt quests. Having over-levelled a bit before meeting her helps though, my level 15 cat thing can take a lot more hits than her crappy level 10 penguin. I'm guessing unlocking capturing monsters comes soon.

I love the look of the game and more rpgs need Welsh characters in but why oh why in a game where literally everyone is English is the voice actor for Oliver a whiny American? I'm almost tempted to switch to Japanese audio to get rid of him, it's only the comedy Welsh that's stopping me at the moment but hearing him shout "Neato" many more times at the end of fights might become a deal-breaker pretty soon.

FELIPE NO
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:04 AM #128 of 131
The heart quests never get more complex unfortunately. Discover some story character that needs a new type of emotion, solve it, and blammo, suddenly there's someone in every town that needs that emotion, and someone (usually in the same town) with that emotion to spare. The heart quests are quite grating after awhile, but at least once you get fast travel it eliminates massive backtracking.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:41 AM #129 of 131
I dunno if this is a universal price drop or not, but some places, like Target, are selling the game for $39.99 now. So if you've not picked it up for whatever reason, there's no excuse now!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2013, 03:25 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2013, 09:25 PM #130 of 131
So I finished the trial last night and got the chance to recruit new monsters and instantly wasted several hours of my life going back and catching most of what I already met. So glad I'm not actually OCD because I imagine this game would take years to finish if you are. Still, got a few watery ones from the Sewer to use on the Volcano so not a completely wasted trip. Also used the bridge spell near Deep Dark Woods and got killed really, really quickly by the monsters over there. Debating whether to just leave it or be stubborn, find a monster on it's own and try to catch the bastard, thereby breaking any challenge the game might have had for the next who knows how many hours.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2013, 11:14 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2013, 11:14 PM #131 of 131
The heart quests never get more complex unfortunately. Discover some story character that needs a new type of emotion, solve it, and blammo, suddenly there's someone in every town that needs that emotion, and someone (usually in the same town) with that emotion to spare. The heart quests are quite grating after awhile, but at least once you get fast travel it eliminates massive backtracking.
They largely eliminate the need for it and its just incentive for finishing side quests. I find myself just working on alchemy and going after familiars by the time the heart piece searching becomes mundane. Then again its worthwhile if you're a completionist because of the number of alchemy items you'll get from it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Tags
tails was here, u mad bro?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Ni no Kuni: Wrath of All Y'All Niggas That Got Swindled