Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Well, it's round about prom time :)

merlineater
Dum de dum...

Member 1261

Level 10.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 09:16 AM #1 of 6
Well, it's round about prom time :)

Hey I was just wondering if you lot could give me a hand here...

I'm a 16 year old guy living in England, and my school prom is less than two weeks away! Friday 7th July actually Yeah I'm looking forward to it, and I've sorted out my suit etc...thats the easy part!

I just really need to be able to dance, to be honest. I mean I was at a party only last night, and i just find it really awkward dancing in front of certain people I just think I look so stupid and can't really dance

Also, at proms, do people generally dance one on one? Or in a small group?

I just probably don't have the self confidence to dance in front of certain girls, and I'm just not sure what to do...

Any suggestions people??

Jam it back in, in the dark.

"Keep your friends close...keep your enemies even closer"
Kazyl
Good Chocobo

Member 1774

Level 17.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 03:08 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2006, 01:08 PM #2 of 6
Um depending on who you go with. If you actually have a date, then you're probably going to spend the night with her. If you go with a group of friends then it's usually a group dance thing. Dancing with a girl is easy. You're pretty much focusing all your attention on her and having her do all the work. Meanwhile, you're just grooving to the beat. I've seen guys who don't even move their feet at all, they just use their upper body do all the dancing.

Also, even though you don't have the confidence to dance, just dance anyway and fake that you have confidence. A good majority of the people attending hasn't had any formal dance training either so what's the problem? Just find the beat and move to it.

Dancing with a girl that involves physical contact is a different story since the girl I'm usually with and I can't really dance without being sexually provocative :p. But that usually doesn't happen unless you two are really good friends or are going out. :shrug:

Anyway, don't stress too much about it. Prom is all hype anyway.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 03:59 PM #3 of 6
I'm not sure about the dance styles of England, but in the U.S. all you need to do is know how to hump a girl from behind and you're dancing (disgusting in my opinion, but dry humping seems to be the dance craze here). However, if that style isn't your thing, some guys that don't dance like that just move their body side to side, it's simple and it looks halfway decent if you can get into rhythm. One romance article I read on MSNBC talked about taking dance advice from the movie "Hitch" (never seen the film, but I heard the dance moves Will Smith taught the guy could come in handy).

If you do have a date, then you would normally spend time with the date. If you are going with your buddies, then you are normally suppose to hang out with your buddies. One positive with hanging out with guy friends is that they don't normally dance in groups (unlike women, who sometimes dance in groups). Plus, many people go to prom just to hang out, so unless you do have a date that wants to dance, you don't have to worry about dancing as long as there are plenty of other people dancing. That's how it worked at my prom, and my date and I only danced to one song and spent the rest of the night hanging out and nursing a friend's broken spirit.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 05:00 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2006, 05:00 PM #4 of 6
July 7? Dang, that's late. I remember my prom was in the middle of May.

My best advice is to just have fun. If you have a date, dance with her. From my (bad) experience, it's just holding her and swaying. If you're close with her, hold her closer. If you're going with a group, then dance with the group. It's all about the rhythm.

And don't pay attention to everyone else. They're thinking about their own fun and no one is going to judge you negatively unless you bust in drunk and loud. Just do what you feel!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Shinimegami
Succexy

Member 1145

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 05:47 AM #5 of 6
Your prom is so late?

Neehoo.

If you can't find a date - go with your friends.
Rent a limo.
Throw an awesome after party - go wild!

The point is to have fun and yes, it is possible to do that, w/o that special someone. Chances are, you'll probably find a special someone @ the prom - so nothing to worry about since a lot of girls I know also go to the prom in groups

Mine's not till next year so no personal experience....haha
But I have plent of friends that are seniors - accounts from them are good enough, ne?

I was speaking idiomatically.
merlineater
Dum de dum...

Member 1261

Level 10.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:30 PM #6 of 6
Right ok...well thanks for that guys. Appreciate it.

I reckon I'm just gonna go with the flow, stick with my mates etc, and, like Shinimegami said, I may find a special someone there

Thanks again! I'll let you know if I have any other worries...and also how it goes!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"Keep your friends close...keep your enemies even closer"

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Well, it's round about prom time :)