Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] A thread with a fairly boring name about WiiWare

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:36 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2007, 01:36 AM #1 of 6
A thread with a fairly boring name about WiiWare

Oh, so that Nintendo conference thing the other day finally revealed the first bunch of games for WiiWare, Nintendo's slow joke version of XBLA set to launch March next year. I think! Some pretty neat games got spewed out!

Star Soldier R (Hudson)

Hoooly shit. Guess the original did pretty well on the Virtual Console! A new Bomberman is also in the works. No screens of that yet. It'll probably have onrrrrrine multiplayer I guess. Also JoySound, a uh, Karaoke game of sorts.

Final Fantasy and the Lots of Words (Sonic Team)

YouTube Video

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Young King and the Promised Land to be exact. Seriously. This seems pretty cool, town building mixed with.. adventure (??). Already has a price, 1,500 points. Same price as buying Donkey Kong Jr. Math three times on NES. That's cheaper than a new car.

Dr. Mario (PROBABLY NINTENDO, ssh, keep it under your hat okay)

This is basically a new version of Nintendo's classic yahtzee game. This time with Mii support and four player online.

Magnetica (Mitchell)

Same deal, newer version, Mii's, four player INTERNET.

Maruboushikaku (Nintendo)

IT'S A GOD DAMN MYSTERY IS WHAT IT IS. Really, no idea.

Pokemon Farm (Ambrella.. they made Pokemon Dash!)

Nice graphics, I'd sure like to get my hands on that game. Essentially just a storage application like the GameCube's stupid Pokemon Box. Transfer them across from your DS via Wi-Fi and stare at them on the television. Except your Pokemon get Cubivore'd to death. 400,000 points for this one.

Also uuuuuum.

- Eternity's Child (moved from XBLA to retail Wii release to WiiWare, next it'll be going to Lynx)
- Mojipittan (Namco) some puzzle game that never sees the light of day outside of Japan. Get excited!
- Gravitronix (Medaverse Studios) Who knows, maybe it'll be some kind of ballroom dancing first person shooter.
- PLĂ„TTCHEN (Bplus) Another shrugging shoulders announcement.
- Another ninety games or so are apparently in development. MAYBE ONE WILL BE A NEW MOLE MANIA. OR PILOTWINGS. NINTENDO. YOU DICKS. I'D EVEN TAKE A NEW PILOTWINGS THAT LOOKS LIKE POKEMON FARM.

Arc System Works also have Ping Pong planned. No screens, but they did release this exciting art. This guy means business!

But wow, you'd think Nintendo would have announced some storage solution by now. That Final Fantasy game alone looks like it might be a fairly big download!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Oct 12, 2007 at 11:13 AM.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:40 AM #2 of 6
Is that Mii in Magnetica shooting colored balls out of his crotch?

Also, where are my achievement points, Nintendo?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:54 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2007, 01:54 AM #3 of 6
Negative points for shooting giant green balls from your crotch.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ZeroSlash
HIKARI NE NARE!

Member 1662

Level 12.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:24 AM #4 of 6
Arc system works ping pong? Holy shit that white ball is coming right at me. GRAND VIPER!

Some interesting stuff indeed. The new crystal chronicles sounds good.

How ya doing, buddy?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2007, 01:43 PM #5 of 6
I'm looking forward to the Crystal Chronicles title most of all. I really liked that universe, the races and just the general look of the game. This looks interesting, and with Ring of Fate (DS) and Crystal Bearers (Wii) coming it seems like Square-Enix isn't going to throw it on the backburner.

It reminds me of that other Wii title, King O or something.

I was speaking idiomatically.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
trackjacket
With a Twist of Lemon

Member 22470

Level 13.94

May 2007

Old Oct 12, 2007, 02:16 PM #6 of 6
I'm looking forward to the Crystal Chronicles title most of all. I really liked that universe, the races and just the general look of the game. This looks interesting, and with Ring of Fate (DS) and Crystal Bearers (Wii) coming it seems like Square-Enix isn't going to throw it on the backburner.

It reminds me of that other Wii title, King O or something.
Project O, AKA King's Story. The Crystal Chronicles WiiWare title is a bit like it, but it doesn't seem as involved. As far as I can tell, you can only roam around the general premises of your town, while you send off people to do your business in the rest of the world. King's Story will have a fully realized world; so, this is sort of like King's Story lite.

Of the other titles headed to WiiWare, Star Soldier R, Dr. Mario and Nintendo's new puzzle game have caught my interest. Magnetica is neat, but if it doesn't have competitive or co-op online play, I don't really care for it. Hopefully, these all make it to the US, as well. Would be a shame to see things restricted by region.

Also, Hudson apparently confirmed a few other titles that they're bringing to WiiWare, including Bomberman.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] A thread with a fairly boring name about WiiWare