Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

If you can have a fast food open up near you

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2007, 06:17 PM #1 of 60
If you can have a fast food open up near you

WHAT WOULD IT BE.

Yeahhhhh... Sonic Drive In is finally opening up nearby me which is SO awesome in itself. Back in Texas, I lived near one and often got good stuff from them. Good experiences from that place and hopefully this place will live it up too!

I really love their menu with variety and I'm a fan of their fountain drinks (tiny ice cubes ftw) as well as their shakes.

If it was SailorDaravon however (which killed him when he asked me to guess which fast food was opening up and I mentioned HIS places...), it'd go to Jack-in-a-box. O.o Our tv local channels is so cruel to show Jack-in-a-box commercials when the nearest one was 4 hours away. O.O

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2007, 06:32 PM Local time: May 19, 2007, 04:32 PM #2 of 60
Easily In-n-Out since there are none here in Oregon. I can't say much other than the simple delicious combination of meat and cheese is seriously fucking great, especially when that meat and cheese (as well as everything else they use) is all fresh, or at least something that makes it taste really good. That and having the option of stacking 50 patties and 50 slices of cheese in one burger is always nice, not that anyone would do it, having the option is good enough for me.

Plus they're special sauce, some kind of delicious.

And it's funny you mention Sonic, I see commercialls all the time here in Oregon and in Cali, but I have yet to ever see one ANYWHERE in the entire world that I've been, granted I've probobly havent been around as much as others here, I've seen alot and haven't seen one of these.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2007, 06:35 PM #3 of 60
I'd kill for a Round Table Pizza, but those are only on the West Coast. They used to have this Hawaiian pizza that was to die for.

How ya doing, buddy?
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old May 19, 2007, 09:16 PM Local time: May 19, 2007, 06:16 PM #4 of 60
In-N-Out. There's a million by my house, but when I'm up at school the closest one is in San Jose and it takes far too long and costs way to much to get there on the buses (we can't have cars on campus until we're Juniors, so I'm stuck with public transportation).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 12:14 AM Local time: May 19, 2007, 09:14 PM #5 of 60
I'm already in California, but there aren't many In-N-Outs around my area. The closest one is about 30 minutes away, and I only manage to eat there whenever I visit my parents. There are several Chipotle restaurants near me at least.

I was speaking idiomatically.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 12:18 AM Local time: May 19, 2007, 10:18 PM #6 of 60
I'm in Maryland, and there aren't many In-N-Outs in my area (about 0 in this coast). Some friends and I tried to go a couple weeks ago after a concert, but the closest one is about 3000 miles away. I only manage to eat there when I visit my family there. There are several Chipotle restaurants near me at least.

How ya doing, buddy?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 01:22 AM Local time: May 19, 2007, 11:22 PM #7 of 60
Sonic.

There's TONS upon TONS of commercials for the place but I can never seem to find one. They must have some an amazing drink menu.

I ate at one in Texas, but the food wasn't too fantastic. It was over-priced (which says a lot because everything was cheaper in Texas).

How ya doing, buddy?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 01:29 AM #8 of 60
WTF RYDIA NAZPYRO! COMEON NOW. >.> AVATARS. Congrats on the GOLD BORDER BTW.

And yeah I heard a lot of good things about In and Outs, I'd love to give that place a try. But like Naz said, I'm in VA and there's isn't one for STATES away. :\

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Demosthenes
Evanescent Leech!

Member 22519

Level 1.47

May 2007

Old May 20, 2007, 01:35 AM Local time: May 20, 2007, 01:35 AM #9 of 60
Popeyes Chicken...delicious.

They have them in the south, but in the north there is only the same old dry KFC. At least Popeyes made it look like it made an effort to cook the chicken, while KFC gives you the damn food straight out of the freezer..ehh.

"Of course, I also hear from critics who detest what I do, and while sometimes I feel rather proud of having made various the loathsome people or groups angry, at other times I wonder why I put up with such grief."
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 02:18 AM Local time: May 19, 2007, 11:18 PM #10 of 60
Sonic.

There's TONS upon TONS of commercials for the place but I can never seem to find one. They must have some an amazing drink menu.

I ate at one in Texas, but the food wasn't too fantastic. It was over-priced (which says a lot because everything was cheaper in Texas).
You live in LA, right? (I read the SoCal meet thread). There's a Sonic in Anaheim. It's a pretty far drive for you, though. Also, you're right about the food, it's not that great.

Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 12:06 PM #11 of 60
Let's see. I've got the whole set of major chains - McD's, Burger King, Arby's, Little Ceaser's, Subway, Taco Bell - within half a mile of my house. When I'm on campus I've got all that and so much more. Truthfully, if I ever want anything remotely related to fast food it's right here. I guess if I really had to choose I'd like an A&W for the floats. I've got one 10 miles down the road or so but I almost never go there since I don't have an occasion to go downtown much.

How ya doing, buddy?
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 05:24 PM #12 of 60
White Castle. The closest is like, two hours away in New York. I'll be honest... I havent even tried the burgers (other than the stuff found in the frozen food section), but after seeing Harold and Kumar go to White Castle so many times, there HAS to be something appealing about it, right?

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 05:37 PM Local time: May 20, 2007, 05:37 PM #13 of 60
Grandy's.

Best fucking restaurant ever, but it's a small chain. There was one here when I was a kid but it closed down. There aren't any in Houston, and most are centered around Dallas-Ft. Worth. Best food ever <3

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 12:12 AM Local time: May 20, 2007, 11:12 PM #14 of 60
There was one Grandy's I know that occupied a spot near the intersection of HWY 6 and 290, but it's changed into some Kettle restaurant now.

For me? Unfortunately, I'm one of those who is particular about specific items from various places, so I can't agree on a whole menu at once. So, no single fast food joint for me, I'd probably do well with something like a mall food court.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 07:59 AM #15 of 60
I'd like to have either a Jason's Deli or McAllister's Deli open near me, but both of those chains are in the South and Mid-West. Steak N Shake taunts me by opening in most states surrounding Virginia and Maryland, but not actually in Virginia and Maryland. Their food is ok, but I really miss the strawberry cheesecake milkshakes with fudge on top. Lastly, it would be nice to have more Schlotzky's Delis around me. The only one in the Washington/Baltimore area is in downtown DC, not close to where I work. I take a long lunch sometimes when I get a craving, but it would be nice to have a more convenient location.

FELIPE NO
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 10:53 AM Local time: May 21, 2007, 08:53 AM #16 of 60
Fast food has, for a long time, been a thorn in my side. I've always hated it and the mere thought of going out for a BURGER now makes my stomach churn. Of course, that doesn't mean that all fast food joints should be condemned as there are some places that make genuinely good food... Like Chipotle!

In fact, I was actually going to say that I wish we had a Chipotle around here but it seems like my with came true over the weekend.

Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 05:29 PM Local time: May 21, 2007, 02:29 PM #17 of 60
Lets see, I already have a KFC, Taco Bell, Jack in the Box, Carl's Jr, Del Taco and In-n-out near my place. The only other fast food places that immediately come to mind that I'm missing are McDonalds and Burger King, oh and Chipotle, which I sorely wish replaced KFC or Taco Bell since I almost never eat there.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 05:42 PM Local time: May 21, 2007, 03:42 PM #18 of 60
Am I the only person that was severely disappointed when they first had an In-n-Out Burger? It was good, but didn't seem to be any different than what I can get at Wendy's (though Wendy's has the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger <3333).

I'd want a Carl's Jr. near me if possible. There aren't any out here in the east, but every meal I ate there over last summer was pretty kickass. Their one burger with BBQ sauce, bacon, onion rings, and cheese on it is to die for.

Also ate at Top's once (apparently a chain that's only in Pasadena) and they have some amazing chili-cheese fries.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 05:47 PM #19 of 60
I'd like to have either a Jason's Deli or McAllister's Deli open near me, but both of those chains are in the South and Mid-West. Steak N Shake taunts me by opening in most states surrounding Virginia and Maryland, but not actually in Virginia and Maryland. Their food is ok, but I really miss the strawberry cheesecake milkshakes with fudge on top. Lastly, it would be nice to have more Schlotzky's Delis around me. The only one in the Washington/Baltimore area is in downtown DC, not close to where I work. I take a long lunch sometimes when I get a craving, but it would be nice to have a more convenient location.
Wow. I recognize those places from Texas. Actually my uncle by marriage is the owner of the chain of Jason's Deli. I think it was like... more than 15 years ago that he only had two at the time (locally). I knew he was expanding but wow.

And yeah my grandmother loved Schlotzky's.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 06:24 PM #20 of 60
I'd want a Carl's Jr. near me if possible. There aren't any out here in the east, but every meal I ate there over last summer was pretty kickass. Their one burger with BBQ sauce, bacon, onion rings, and cheese on it is to die for.
They're owned by the same company and have almost the same logo as Hardees, which is on the East Coast. There aren't any close to where I live now, but growing up, the food was terrible, below any of the other major burger joints. There was one Hardees in the bad part of town that would fix up a bunch of cokes, then just leave them sitting out and hand you one when you ordered. Yay, flat soda and cold fries.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 07:21 PM Local time: May 21, 2007, 05:21 PM #21 of 60
They are owned by the same company, and have the same logo, but they have completely different menus (the last time I ate at Hardee's it was decent, though the food wasn't nearly as good as Carl's Jr.).

Most amazing jew boots
GhaleonQ
Holy Paladin Fencer *snickers*

Member 20358

Level 16.99

Feb 2007

Old May 21, 2007, 07:41 PM Local time: May 21, 2007, 06:41 PM #22 of 60
Smoothie shops that offer Splenda-like substitutes are the only things that I'd consume.

Most amazing jew boots
Malahk Angel
Hooray Beer!

Member 9195

Level 8.84

Jun 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 11:25 PM #23 of 60
I gotta go with Sonic on this one.

The food may not be that great, but their Cherry Limeades are to die for. Goddamn I miss all the restaurants in Virginia. That reminds me... a Hardee's wouldn't be too bad to have up here either.

FELIPE NO
If there is evil in this world, it lies within the hearts of mankind.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 12:36 PM Local time: May 22, 2007, 11:36 AM #24 of 60
There are Sonics all over the place in the south, so naturally I have one about 6 miles from my apartment {the only fast food type places on my side of town is Jacks and Subway}. Sonic's food is alright I suppose, better than McDonalds or Burger King, but still not too great. Their drink menu is where it's at though. Cherry Limeade, Lemon-berry slush, and about 40 others make it worth a stop there every once in a while, even if just to get a drink.

What my town is severely lacking, however, is an Arbys. I LOVE Arbys chicken fingers, and their chicken-bacon-swiss sandwich is extremely good too. Throw in a large curly fry and some cheese sticks and you will be ready for a nap pretty soon. Pretty much every time I am out of town, doing work or otherwise, and am by myself, I will stop at an Arbys for food.

My town has a Sonic, Taco Hell, Wendys, Burger King, McDonalds, Hardees, Popeyes, Churches {southern chicken place}, KFC, Captain D's, three chinese places, and one barbeque place for every five citizens it seems, all within about a 6 mile radius, but no Arbys.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Secret Squirrel
River Chocobo

Member 89

Level 24.44

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 12:44 PM #25 of 60
My niece and nephew like Sonic for some unknown reason. I thought it was rather mediocre.

I'd really be happy if a Teriyaki Bowl opened up somewhere around here. I've only ever seen it in Albuquerque, New Mexico, but it's so good. Their signature meal is of course, the Teriyaki Bowl, which is Chicken, Carrots and Broccoli, seasoned and served in a bowl or a cup.

How ya doing, buddy?
Slightly Dark -- updated weekly with rare out-of-print game music.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > If you can have a fast food open up near you