Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:42 PM #351 of 497
So there's a major uproar going on with battle.net. Iran has blocked any and all access to battle.net from their country.

Iran's government banned battle.net's IPs

Thread about it.

A blue responded about it on the eu forums:

Quote:
Our team has been watching this thread closely, and we understand the desire for more information about this situation. Blizzard Entertainment cannot speak to any reports surrounding the Iranian government restricting games from its citizens.

What we can tell you is that United States trade restrictions and economic sanction laws prohibit Blizzard from doing business with residents of certain nations, including Iran. Several of you have seen and cited the text in the Terms of Use which relates to these government-imposed sanctions. This week, Blizzard tightened up its procedures to ensure compliance with these laws, and players connecting from the affected nations are restricted from access to Blizzard games and services.

This also prevents us from providing any refunds, credits, transfers, or other service options to accounts in these countries. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and will happily lift these restrictions as soon as US law allows.
It was blocked because (taken from the above thread in MMO-C):

1. Promotion of superstition and mythology
2. Promotion of violence due to too much violence.
3. Abolishing the deformation in sin.
4. Demonstration of inappropriate clothing and slutty outfits for female avatars.

So what do you guys think of that? I know it's kind of a political thing and it probably belongs in the Palace, but since it's regarding Battle.net/Blizzard, I'd figure I'd put it in here.

FELIPE NO

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:41 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2012, 11:41 PM #352 of 497
Can't mess with Iranian law. Totally their call.

Also I hear Guild Wars 2 goes live today. Can totally imagine the playerbase of D3 going down a bit.

I play D3 every now and then, even with the major update (Paragon levels don't take my attention much). Finishing Darksiders 2, tackling GR:FS for a bit until Borderlands 2.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:52 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2012, 12:52 AM #353 of 497
GW2 isn't that good. Massive let down for me. Fucking horrible community of players, and the game feels clunky.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2012, 02:26 AM #354 of 497
It hasn't even been out a few hours and it's already that bad? I know it's early access for the next 3 days, when regular launch is the 28th. I suppose it's Warhammer all over again. In a rush to beat Blizzard's release dates, in turn putting out a rushed product. I wish EA would let Warhammer go free to play like they're doing with Star Wars, but meh.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:39 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2012, 07:39 AM #355 of 497
Act 3 is still rough, but I finally managed to kill Ghom (which I absolutely could not do pre-patch), but it still took me forever. I've started playing again, at least until Borderlands 2 comes out, so we should try to hook up. I'd imagine that we could at least get you as far as I am. Wasn't one of the things in this patch them removing enemy HP bonuses in multiplayer, or doing something with that?

Other than that I'm still having better luck rolling through Act 1 with my 200+ MF/GF gear then trying to do Act 2/3 with my "real" gear. Act 2 is kinda doable but a pain in the ass with my MF/GF gear, but I won't even touch Act 3 with that. Ultimately I'm getting way more rares doing Act 1 since I can do it so much faster, but the only downside is that most of the plans I would want for higher gems and crafting don't drop in Act 1 :/

Also with my DH I picked up a build that someone on GAF suggested which has been interesting so far. Instead of spamming Elemental Arrow (Lightning Ball) and Smokescreening anytime anyone gets near me, I've switched to Cluster Shot with the Rune where it drops grenades and does Fire damage. Then to up my Hatred regen to support that I've switched to the Bat (for 3 Hatred Regen/sec), and Entangling shot with the Rune that regens 6 Hatred per shot. I'm still on the fence about Entangling shot; with this setup being able to slow enemies is very useful, but it's slower and does less damage than Hungering Arrow. Also I dropped Caltrops for Gloom, with the Rune that blocks 65% of damage while it's active. So essentially I go into combat and with full Hatred I can get off two Cluster Arrows which will pretty much kill any normal mobs, and if it doesn't or I'm fighting Elites I'm regening Hatred like a motherfucker, and I pop Gloom which will allow me to tank maybe half of the Elites out there. And with Gloom active you get 20% of damage dealt back as health, so if I pop a Cluster Shot I'm doing 60k+ on normal and 130k+ on a crit so I'm healing fast. Then I still keep Smoke Screen for when that's not an option or it goes bad.

I'm still dying (that's the DH way), but this is a fairly interesting build. What the other guy is doing which supports this much better is he's got his natural crit chance at 30%+ and has max discipline + discipline regen with the Natalya set which makes all of that much easier. Additionally with his natural crit he can drop Sharpshooter and he picks up the Passive that reduces the discipline costs of the Cluster Shot grenades, and I think maybe ups their damage or something else as well. I'm not sure that I'm going to roll with this forever, but it is interesting. Without having his setup it's probably not quite as reliable as Elemental Arrow, but I'm doing HUGE bursts of damage in like 1-2 seconds. Also Entangling Shot is much more useful when playing in groups, so there's that as well.
One thing that you can do, because you have a legacy Nat's Mark, is wear four pieces of legacy Nat's set for the +2 disc/sec regen and replace the bat with Preparation with Punishment rune to instantly restore all hatred for 25 disc. Not much out there is going to survive four cluster bombs with some hungering arrows in between.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:34 AM #356 of 497
Yeah, the Nat set has more or less been my plan all along (although with some of the Legendary changes that may be different now), the issue is cost; a few of the pieces are super expensive.

How ya doing, buddy?
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:55 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2012, 10:55 AM #357 of 497
Legacy Nat's is all pretty cheap except the ring, unless you start talking about getting critical chance on the hat and high dex on the boots.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:44 PM #358 of 497
Yeah, the ring is the killer on it. Also I didn't realize that the new Natalya stuff is actually totally different and marked differently, and has a different 4-piece bonus on is (+20 Disc). In typical Blizzard fashion their item pages haven't been updated at all (only two of the new items in the Nat set even exist as pages).

The problem is that I think I'm going to have to such a huge dive on my current equipment to equip 4 Nat pieces that I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it. IIRC the ring is pretty solid and might not be a downgrade, but everything else is (I have a Legacy double Dex rolled Andariel's Visage for example). I think I might be better off instead just trying to get some +max disc items, I actually had NONE. So I just upgraded my quiver, the overall damage on it was the same (like -11.3 or something inconsequential), I lost about 3k HP, but I got +10 disc so that's probably a good tradeoff. I only went from 46 down to about 43k as a result, and honestly even at 46k the stuff that is actually a danger to me is still pretty much killing me in 2 hits anyway, so the 3k is whatever whereas the +10 disc is another Gloom or Smokescreen most of the time.

I spent most of the day clearing Act 3; I only got one or two items that might even be worth selling (both are up for less than 1 mil right now), and due to all the deaths I only came out like 200k ahead in Gold. Right now I need to figure out how I want to proceed; I WAS able to clear Act 3, but in my "real" gear, so after Paragon/NV my MF/GF is only around 110%, which combined with my somewhat slow progress meant that I was getting higher quality drops, but way, way fewer drops than blowing through Act 1 in my super high MF/GF gear. Also I'm still going to mess around with it, but I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with Cluster Arrow; it's super useful in some situations, but then for example I hit a complete and total brick wall trying to kill Cryodea (or whatever the spider queen bosses name is) with Cluster Arrow, but destroyed her with Ball Lightning on my first go.

Right now I'm sitting on about 4.5 million, which would get me some very, very slight upgrades on most of my equipment, if that, so I'm in a weird spot right now. I think I'm going to probably faceroll Act 1 some more, or maybe actually try to upgrade my MF/GF set stat-wise and see if I could do Act 2 with it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Aug 25, 2012 at 06:46 PM.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:36 AM Local time: Aug 27, 2012, 06:36 AM #359 of 497
I don't think there's a thread for it, but a lot of people keep mentioning Borderlands 2, so here's a coupon that seems to be a pretty good deal on the preorder.

Borderlands 2 (Steam Code) Pre-Order for $40.00 - downloads, video-games, pc-game

$40 for the preorder with steam code and extra content you get with steam prepurchase. It's making me pretty tempted, though I'm still kinda wary with how disappointed I was with the last game.

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:11 AM #360 of 497
I think pretty much everyone is getting it, but you may want to keep in mind that it seems like everyone is going 360 this time. Virtually every person I know is getting it, but on 360, including Skills and some other folks who went PC last time, so that might be something to look into.

It's hard to recommend or not though, because what exactly disappointed you about Borderlands 1? It was my GOTY that year, but I will say if you were playing it solo that's really not the way to play.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:01 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2012, 10:01 AM #361 of 497
When I was first playing it the multiplayer on PC was broken, so I couldn't connect to any multi games. Also, each of the classes felt like the played practically identical, lack of real difficulty, 99.9% of the guns being shit, and the skill trees being trash. I was mostly hoping for a Diablo 2 FPS and felt it didn't really deliver that experience.

I'm probably not going to get it since looking at skill trees and whatnot I'm not seeing what the huge difference is between the first and what they're putting out now.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:50 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2012, 04:50 PM #362 of 497
He had that Mantra rune of additional healing. About 1100 additional HP per second. Mine ran on the resists being up by 20% so my healing is rather small but the HP being shaved away goes relatively slow too.

Also, the War Cry helps. Allows more tanking goodness where needed. Of course, that goes to shit when a room the size of a Japanese apartment is filled with arcane sentries and illusions.

russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:38 AM Local time: Aug 28, 2012, 10:38 AM #363 of 497
I just found a 9% magic find, one socket legacy Beckon Sail on the auction house for 490k gold. I immediately purchased it. It was socketed with a Star Emerald, which is currently priced at roughly 700k gold to purchase from the auction house, and costs about 600k to craft if you start with perfect squares. These people are silly sometimes. Now I can unsocket it, sell the cloak for 50k or whatever, and either keep the emerald or sell it for a nice profit.

russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:47 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2012, 10:47 PM #364 of 497
Well, it took maybe ten tries and a little equipment adjustment (trading about 6k dps for about 350 or so all resist), but I soloed Ghom tonight. The lower repair costs are far less frustrating now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:28 AM Local time: Aug 29, 2012, 09:28 AM #365 of 497
So there's a major uproar going on with battle.net. Iran has blocked any and all access to battle.net from their country.

Iran's government banned battle.net's IPs

Thread about it.

A blue responded about it on the eu forums:

It was blocked because (taken from the above thread in MMO-C):

1. Promotion of superstition and mythology
2. Promotion of violence due to too much violence.
3. Abolishing the deformation in sin.
4. Demonstration of inappropriate clothing and slutty outfits for female avatars.

So what do you guys think of that? I know it's kind of a political thing and it probably belongs in the Palace, but since it's regarding Battle.net/Blizzard, I'd figure I'd put it in here.
LOL viva Iran.

no homo
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:33 PM #366 of 497
Found this ridiculous fucking amulet:

Have it up on the AH right now at 150 million.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2012, 09:07 AM #367 of 497
Jesus christ. I guess I'll have to start working on Act 2. My gear is completely awful though so I don't know how I've managed to beat Act 1 Inferno with it.

FELIPE NO

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2012, 09:18 AM #368 of 497
What I've started doing is farming Act 2 with my real gear, so I only have a base GF/MF of like 70/30 or so, but once I get 5 stacks I'm still not getting a ton of rares, but the ones that I am getting are frequently ilevel 62/63. The problem with farming Act 1 with my very high GF/MF gear is that I get a bajillion rares (literally more than 2 inventory pages of rares in less than one run), but they were pretty much always shit. So far I'm ultimately having better success running Act 2 with my actual setup. What's weird is with the stats on my weapon I should be able to run Act 3, but it still gives me way too many problems. I managed to beat Act 3, but died like a million times. I've made like 3 incremental upgrades to my gear since then, and I tried it a bit but I still seem to just get wrecked a lot.

How ya doing, buddy?
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2012, 08:57 AM Local time: Sep 4, 2012, 07:57 AM #369 of 497
For the most part, everything in Act 3 could one shot me if I didn't have Shadow Power/Gloom running. That wasn't a problem for melee enemies because they rarely got close enough to take a swing at me. Those flying, fireball spitting guys and the goat spearmen on the other hand were tough. Lots of vaulting.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:11 AM #370 of 497
Yeah, Act 3 seems to be mixed for me. I did decide go ahead and equip that amulet though, and I also upgraded my gloves. I totally didn't realize the amount of difference crit % and aps % made on them; my gloves had super high Dex but neither one of those. I'm broke, but was able to buy a good pair for 750k that shot my Damage up by like 6k (unbuffed!). Right now I'm sitting at 68k Damage without Sharpshooter on. I'm going to go back and try Act 3 right now and see how it goes.

My gear: Minerva - Community - Diablo III

russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2012, 02:23 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2012, 01:23 PM #371 of 497
I use one handed crossbows, so I don't even fool with attack speed. I'm straight critical chance + critical damage when I'm running my non-mf gear. My normal gear gets me something like 53% crit chance (including the archery bonus), and my character sheet dps shows mid-50k while using a 1050 dps hand crossbow. I picked up a 1200+ dps Calamity the other day for 20 million that put me past 70k in normal gear, but I decided to flip it for a quick 10 mil profit. Right now I'm considering just RMAHing my 40 million gold and pocketing a little cash ahead of Borderlands 2, since I know on that day, I probably won't pick up Diablo for months at the least.

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2012, 07:07 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2012, 02:07 PM #372 of 497
Hey u MLG Pros please help me out
Chinpo - Community - Diablo III
this is my DH, what do you guys think i should upgrade first? I only got about a milli and im getting bored with farming act1... I got tons of yellows but most are like lvl 55s and shit so im trying to move up to act2. I got very low mf i know but i cant decided if i should drop dmg for some more mf (i got some more mf gear that i use for act1 but i still dont get better shit).

no homo
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2012, 09:24 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2012, 08:24 AM #373 of 497
You need some all resist and critical damage. I would swap that blue ring with one that does 35+ all resist, 24+ critical damage, and 40 or 50 dex/vit. Those are usually pretty inexpensive. Also replace your blue bracer with one that adds critical chance, or perhaps a legacy (read: inexpensive) Lacuni Prowler with dex.

For farming act 1, you could most likely easily just load up on inexpensive 15% magic find/+dex items and survive fine.

Here is my guy. That is my magic find set and you can see that the only expensive pieces are the amulet (which I found), the helm (which I found), the right ring (which I found), and maybe the bracer (it cost me 1.5 mil a while back, dex+vit+all resist+critical chance on a mf bracer, yeah).

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2012, 02:52 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2012, 09:52 PM #374 of 497
thx bruh, i'll look into it the ah see if i find something.

no homo
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2012, 03:35 PM #375 of 497
Minerva - Community - Diablo III

Spent most of my money (3 million) buy the new versions of the Strongarm Bracers and Andariel's Visage (I was using Legacy versions). I think I got a good deal on the Andariel's Visage at 2 million with the stats on it, I got it when it still had 1 day 12 hours left, and there was only one other one comparable in that price range. Up to 74k damage without Sharpshooter and 26.5 crit %. Trying to get my Crit % to at least 30%, at which point I'd feel comfortable dropping Sharpshooter.

Zip, you can pick up a good Dex Legacy Andariel's Visage for next to nothing (they seem to go for under 100k now) that would probably be good, you can probably get one with 160+ Dex and it'll also have 6-7% attack speed and around 2% crit chance. Seems like a good upgrade on the cheap. Same with Legacy Strongarm bracers, I got a good one of the new version for under a million, so I would imagine Legacy ones are probably dirt cheap as well.

Russ, do you find as a DH that Resists actually matter? Even when I had my resists up to around 400 I'd still get pretty much 2 shotted in Act 1, so I'm wondering if it's even worth it. Right now with my resists down to around 280 I'm not noticing a difference either way, and you can probably get gear much cheaper if you're not trying to also get all resists on it.

FELIPE NO

Tags
basically, get equipment in order to get equipment, keep flogging that horse, not one shit was given

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII