Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] LOST
Closed Thread

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:35 PM #826 of 1091
Yeah, I won't begin to assume that Lost will pull itself together into an A++ series again, but I will admit that this premiere was a good episode.

Things happened, story moved forward, we learned some important info about one of the Others, we saw some brainwashing stuff. All good. Hopefully the writers have listened to the fans.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
ArchesFan
And for my next trick....he'll confess.

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 12:02 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 12:02 AM #827 of 1091
I loved this episode. First, I love the character Juliet...I can't say she's my new favorite because all my favorites on every show I watch get killed off and they just happened to be related on this show. Anyway, there were some interesting things that happened in the episode. Juliet's story wasn't too mysterious and confusing, but it was just creepy when the "Portland" guy showed up after her ex-husband got hit by the bus. I just kept saying, "Don't be crazy and take that job....he hit somebody with a bus!" but with the shock of the event, it's a little understandable how she was so easily influenced that she didn't say it.

Second, finally we see Alex and her boyfriend Karl again. I remember asking who Karl was, but I think it was kind of just a minor thing that wasn't paid much attention to. I'm really curious about one thing though. Alex is Danielle's daughter correct? And Danielle's husband was with the expedition team she came to the island with? How is it that Alex's father is Ben, if he was born on the island in the first place? The only explanation I can think of is that Ben and the Others took Alex from Danielle and he became her "father". Anyway, I think it's going to be interesting with Karl being on one island and Alex being on the other. Obviously he's going to want to go after her, but he'll be a valuable asset to our survivors because he knows the lay of the land. Also, the whole weird almost-'Clockwork Orange' Ludovico treatment thing minus the eyelid-holding device was really freaky and weird. You'd think they could brainwash him a little better without that god-awful techno-dance club music.

Lastly, I'm interested to see where Ben's promises go. So far, he promised to let Jack go home if he performed the surgery. And he promised Juliet she could go home if he let Jack's friends go and let Jack finish the surgery. And it's interesting to see how Juliet has been on the island only just a little longer than the survivors. The survivors have been on the island 90 something days and Juliet said something like 3 months, 20-something days. It's interesting to see how the Others recruit people...very Utopian-esque freaky. Anyway, those were my thoughts...great episode.

Alex is turning out to be one of my new favorites. Hopefully they'll provide some backstory on what happened to her. As much as I'm interested in seeing how the survivors are going to come after Jack, I still want to know what's been going on with various other survivors, like Rose. I'm curious to see if her cancer starts to come back after the big hatch sound explosion as I like to call it.

Thank god there aren't going to be repeats and LOST is back...I was kind of losing faith in the series while watching early season 3, but I like how they handled this episode. They didn't pose many more questions, and they answered most of the hang-ups from the cliffhanger.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Goodbye Veronica Mars...
You will be missed for a long time.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 12:49 AM #828 of 1091
And it's interesting to see how Juliet has been on the island only just a little longer than the survivors. The survivors have been on the island 90 something days and Juliet said something like 3 months, 20-something days.
3 years, not 3 months.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Midna
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 18121

Level 20.86

Jan 2007

Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:49 AM Local time: Feb 7, 2007, 11:49 PM #829 of 1091
Overall I liked the episode, and it gave me some hope that the rest of the season will give us what we've been wanting.

That said, I couldn't help but laugh at the Clockwork Orange style brainwashing...

Oh, me glazzies!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:54 AM #830 of 1091
Ten bucks says the bearded guy shown at the end of the montage is someone important, or someone we've already seen.

Quote:
Anyway, I think it's going to be interesting with Karl being on one island and Alex being on the other. Obviously he's going to want to go after her, but he'll be a valuable asset to our survivors because he knows the lay of the land.
Or, the brainwashing could turn him into a psychotic killing machine that goes nuts on the survivors. Could go either way.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 02:40 AM #831 of 1091
Well, they meant to kill Karl, so the biggest mysteries surrounding him are WHY Ben wanted to kill him and WHAT were they trying to accomplish. I strongly doubt Karl knows much about the island the plane crash survivors are on.

Now the question begs to be asked: will both Jack AND Juliette be able to go "home"? I don't think anyone can go anywhere right now. Remember when Tom started saying something about not being able to move Ben to a facility because the sky turned purple? I wonder if the Others have lost contact with the outside world with this in mind.

(Bear in mind, I only started watching the show at the beginning of the this season, so I don't know when things have happened, like when the electromagnetic shit happened.)

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Dopefish; Feb 8, 2007 at 02:48 AM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 02:55 AM #832 of 1091
When did they mention that they wanted to kill Karl? If they wanted to do that, why not just shoot him?

Also, since Michael and Walt managed to leave the island, the Others should be able to leave too. Of course being a deceitful bastard, I'm sure Ben will find some loophole to keep Jack and Juliet confined. I doubt he's too happy about the two of them plotting his death.

And by the way, I cheered when Sawyer repeatedly rammed that guy's head on the food button.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 07:59 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 04:59 AM #833 of 1091
Fuck. I tried watching lost through ABC's website. But nooooooooo only people from the US can watch full episodes. Fuck. Here I am stuck in Europe and I can't watch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know where I can get a direct download? I can't use bit torrent because my landlord won't open up the ports I need. -_-

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Dance party!

Last edited by Trigunnerz; Feb 8, 2007 at 08:24 AM.
rockthepartay
Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 09:30 AM #834 of 1091
Ten bucks says the bearded guy shown at the end of the montage is someone important, or someone we've already seen.
I'll have to watch that scene again, but I could have sworn it looked like DeGroot. I could be wrong.

A pretty solid episode. Sawyer is slowly turning into my favorite character.

I'm pretty excited for the rest of the season now.

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 09:49 AM #835 of 1091
Well, they meant to kill Karl, so the biggest mysteries surrounding him are WHY Ben wanted to kill him and WHAT were they trying to accomplish. I strongly doubt Karl knows much about the island the plane crash survivors are on.
I don't know why you're assuming that they want to kill Karl. It seems pretty clear to me that they DON'T want to kill Karl. If they wanted him dead, they had some time to do it WAY before everyone else got there.

I think they're using him for their experiments.

Quote:
Now the question begs to be asked: will both Jack AND Juliette be able to go "home"? I don't think anyone can go anywhere right now.
I doubt Jack is going anywhere. Juliette, maybe.

Knowing Jack, he wouldn't leave without everyone else.

Quote:
Remember when Tom started saying something about not being able to move Ben to a facility because the sky turned purple? I wonder if the Others have lost contact with the outside world with this in mind.
I know you haven't see all the episodes, but you really ought to go back and watch the end of S2. When the "sky turned purple," the hatch blew up. That was only a few days on the island (or not more than 2 weeks...on average, 1 season is about 1-2 months). In other words, tumors aren't faster-growers. Ben's been sick for a long time, I am assuming. Especially if he's currently on the brink of death, according to Jack.

It is, however, KNOWN that when the hatch exploded, people across the world knew it. I'm not sure about civilians, but they showed a couple of dudes in what looked like Siberia or something playing chess who saw that there was something that rocked the island when the hatch exploded. I don't remember if they KNEW it was the hatch, but it was clear they were monitoring it - from somewhere other than the island.

So yea, chances are this isn't a closed-off facility.

Also recall that they get food drops. Someone is making sure the Others are nice and comfy on the island.

ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 09:52 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 09:52 AM #836 of 1091
3 years, not 3 months.
Whoops lol....I obviously did not listen that well. As for what I said about Karl being useful. I meant for the island the Others are on...of course he won't know the lay of the land of the Survivor's island. I just want to see more of Karl and Alex....I'm so glad they were in the episode. At least they actually played a role more than Rodrigo Santoro and that other girl's part where they randomly went along with Locke and Eko to the Pearl. "Hey Paulo, come on!"

Anyway, next week is Desmond-centric, then Jack, Hurley, Sayid, Claire and that's all that have been truly confirmed. Hurley's episode just sounds funny because it's titled, "Tricia Tanaka is dead." I got all confused because it reminded me of Family Guy's 'Tricia Takanawa', oh well.

Goodbye Veronica Mars...
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:23 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 04:23 PM #837 of 1091
I think this episode kinda sucked because
Spoiler:
nobody died except for that fag at the beach who nobody really gives a shit about anyway

The techno music was good, but the rest was stupid. The flashback was extremely stupid as well.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:28 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 05:28 PM #838 of 1091
Sawyer's a movie nerd. How many movie references did he make during that single episode, did anyone count? :p

That Cheech & Chong one was pretty well placed.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Put Balls; Feb 8, 2007 at 05:09 PM.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:46 AM #839 of 1091
I don't know why you're assuming that they want to kill Karl. It seems pretty clear to me that they DON'T want to kill Karl. If they wanted him dead, they had some time to do it WAY before everyone else got there.

Juliet: "Not you, Alex. You're staying."

Alex: "Why?"

Juliet: "We both know your father, and the only way he'll let Karl live is if you're here when he wakes up. I'm sorry, Alex.

So, unless Juliet is blowing smoke up Alex's ass (which she could be, but there seems to be a little more honesty flying around this island), I think this holds up on its own.

FELIPE NO

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:46 AM #840 of 1091
Sawyer's a movie nerd. How many movie references did he make during that single episode, did anyone count?

Thah Cheech & Chong one was pretty well placed.
I got a kick out of the wookie hostage crack when they beat the guard down to get into the hatch to save Karl, myself. ^_^

Dope, that doesn't mean they WANT to kill him. Juliette was smart enough to use Karl to keep Alex on the island with them. If they wanted him dead, he'd be dead by now. They're using it as a tool against Alex, just like they used Sawyer against Kate and Kate against Jack.

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 12:04 PM #841 of 1091
I'm still being a bit of a cynic about Ben. I think he's still gonna double-cross somebody. Remember when Jack agrees to do the surgery? He says to Ben: "I need your word. That I'll get what you said. I need to get off this island."

Ben: ...Yeah, sure, we'll ship you two miles offshore to that other island over there.

Also--so far everyone is calling the second island 'the Survivor's island'... why? Because Ben and Juliet SAY that's where the survivors are? We haven't actually seen if that's the truth or not yet. Maybe it's just me though, like I said above... I don't exactly trust Ben yet. With good reason, I guess.

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr

Last edited by Sousuke; Feb 8, 2007 at 12:06 PM.
Diversion
Jellicle Cat

Member 68

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 12:09 PM #842 of 1091
It's an incredible long shot, but I wouldn't put it past the Lost writers:

Spoiler:
What if Karl just happened to be used as another spy for some unknown reason, such as Ethan was in the first season? It could have been an elaborate setup to make it seem like he was being taken in on their own accord. Again, a VERY big long shot, but you never know.

It's reaching, I know.

ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 12:48 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 12:48 PM #843 of 1091
Well, we don't know that the island Kate and Sawyer and Karl are going to are the survivor's island, but that is the best guess right now until proven otherwise. As for Diversion's idea...that would be just mean. I really think Karl and Alex are different from the other Others. Maybe the whole brainwashing thing that Karl was being put through is for the people who don't conform easily to the Others way of life and order. It will be interesting to see if they eventually try to put Jack through the weird techno/Clockwork Orange-esque brainwashing. I'm also interested to see the effects the brainwashing will have on Karl since they took him out while he was still going through it.

Did anyone remember what some of the slides said or showed....I'm sure if I looked right now, someone has alright gotten frame by frame pictures of the brainwashing, but I don't have the time. I only really remember something like, "Change is good."

Goodbye Veronica Mars...
Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 04:43 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 10:43 PM #844 of 1091

Did anyone remember what some of the slides said or showed....I'm sure if I looked right now, someone has alright gotten frame by frame pictures of the brainwashing, but I don't have the time. I only really remember something like, "Change is good."
I downloaded the episode to watch so I have just re-watched that scene and here are the messages in order of appearance:-

''Plant a good seed and you will joyfully gather fruit''

''Everything Changes''

''We are the causes of our own suffering''

''God loves you as he loves Jacob''

''Think about your life''

Those were the only ones that I could make out. There were a couple of other messages reflecting off the walls, but I couldn't make out enough letters to make words.

ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 06:52 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 06:52 PM #845 of 1091
Well seeing those messages really doesn't make me think that they were brainwashing Karl to spy on the survivor's camp. I think it was just trying to get him to conform to the ways of the Others because he keeps resisting.

Most amazing jew boots
Goodbye Veronica Mars...
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 07:36 PM #846 of 1091
Well seeing those messages really doesn't make me think that they were brainwashing Karl to spy on the survivor's camp. I think it was just trying to get him to conform to the ways of the Others because he keeps resisting.
It doesn't matter, you just KNOW at the end of a future episode he's going to turn his head, stare at the camera and twist his mouth into an evil smile.

OMG PLOT TWIST SEEN FROM A MILE AWAY.

Most amazing jew boots
rapjo
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 19299

Level 1.34

Feb 2007

Old Feb 8, 2007, 09:33 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 08:33 PM #847 of 1091

I doubt Jack is going anywhere. Juliette, maybe.

Knowing Jack, he wouldn't leave without everyone else.

I know you haven't see all the episodes, but you really ought to go back and watch the end of S2. When the "sky turned purple," the hatch blew up. That was only a few days on the island (or not more than 2 weeks...on average, 1 season is about 1-2 months). In other words, tumors aren't faster-growers. Ben's been sick for a long time, I am assuming. Especially if he's currently on the brink of death, according to Jack.

It is, however, KNOWN that when the hatch exploded, people across the world knew it. I'm not sure about civilians, but they showed a couple of dudes in what looked like Siberia or something playing chess who saw that there was something that rocked the island when the hatch exploded. I don't remember if they KNEW it was the hatch, but it was clear they were monitoring it - from somewhere other than the island.

So yea, chances are this isn't a closed-off facility.

Also recall that they get food drops. Someone is making sure the Others are nice and comfy on the island.
Juliett's flashback makes me wonder if her "new employers" and the Dharma project are one and the same. Both seemed to stress things like "doing the best and brightest things away from public view."

FELIPE NO
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 11:23 PM #848 of 1091
Quote:
Juliett's flashback makes me wonder if her "new employers" and the Dharma project are one and the same.
Ethan says Hi.

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 04:54 AM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 09:54 AM #849 of 1091
Did anyone pick up on the ultrasound scans, she said it looked like a woman in her 70's, then the guy turned round and said that she is 26. Does anyone of the island match this description?

Overall glad to see LOST back on the TV, great episode, Juilet is so much more interesting, she already had that appeal to her when she first showed up.

When are they going to show a Ben flash back, I was really hoping they'd do some while he was on the operating table. Any flash back of Alex's should tell us alot about the goings on of the island...unless she has.......amnesia!! DUM DUM DEEEEERR!!!

Xbox360 Desktop Wallpapers | My DeviantART | XboxLive Gamertag: Don Barracuda
Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 06:57 AM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 12:57 PM #850 of 1091
Did anyone pick up on the ultrasound scans, she said it looked like a woman in her 70's, then the guy turned round and said that she is 26. Does anyone of the island match this description?
Regarding the ultrasound scans of the 26 year old women, I first thought that it could be Claire (the australian women in case anyone has forgotten). However, on the wikipedia page for the character here, it says that she is early 20s, so indicating that she is not 26. Than again, the wikipedia page may be inaccurate.

Quote:
When are they going to show a Ben flash back, I was really hoping they'd do some while he was on the operating table. Any flash back of Alex's should tell us alot about the goings on of the island...unless she has.......amnesia!! DUM DUM DEEEEERR!!!
I am still waiting to see a flashback of the frenchwomen Danielle, I always thought that could be interesting.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] LOST