Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Request] Request on Game Music, Sound Development,Audio Gaming etc

aditya258
Banned

Member 34986

Level 1.00

Dec 2009

Old Dec 18, 2009, 02:18 AM #1 of 5
Request on Game Music, Sound Development,Audio Gaming etc

Hello, my name is Aditya Sadhula and I am working on developing and programming for games, having 2+ years experience. Now I want to learn more about Sound Development, Audio Gaming and Game Music. Please tell me some of the best sites I can check and especially some offline resources/trainings that can help me gain some good experience.

Thanks in advance for all you members' help in this regard.

Thanks,
Aditya

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Prime Blue
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1319

Level 20.41

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2009, 06:22 AM Local time: Dec 18, 2009, 12:22 PM #2 of 5
Gamasutra might be a good site for some insider knowledge, though I'm not sure if they delve deep enough into the technological details for you to be satisfied. The HCS Forum is mostly for reverse-engineering stuff.

Some GAMECUBE homebrew stuff could probably be a good way to start off.

Most amazing jew boots
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Dec 18, 2009, 08:05 AM Local time: Dec 18, 2009, 06:05 AM #3 of 5
Hello, my name is Aditya Sadhula and I am working on developing and programming for games, having 2+ years experience. Now I want to learn more about Sound Development, Audio Gaming and Game Music. Please tell me some of the best sites I can check and especially some offline resources/trainings that can help me gain some good experience.

Thanks in advance for all you members' help in this regard.

Thanks,
Aditya

Yo,

There are a few things you can do if you are interested in learning more about game audio.

1. Join the non-profit organization G.A.N.G. (Game Audio Network Guild) at Game Audio Network Guild - HOME

2. Get the book "The Complete Guide to Game Audio" by Aaron Marks and "Audio for Games: Planning, Process, and Production" by Alexander Brandon

3. Join the IGDA (if there is a local chapter in your area). News & Updates From Around IGDA | IGDA. They also have some great resources on their website such as: http://www.igda.org/breakingin/resources.htm

4. Check out the website Gamasutra - The Art & Business of Making Games

5. Definitely attend the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. Game Developers Conference San Francisco 2010

Hope that helps!

Tommy

How ya doing, buddy?
Tommy Tallarico

President, Tommy Tallarico Studios, Inc. (www.tallarico.com)
Founder/CEO, Video Games Live (www.videogameslive.com)
Founder/CEO, Game Audio Network Guild [G.A.N.G.] (www.audiogang.org)

Facebook Personal Page
Facebook Video Games Live Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal
YouTube Channel Video Games Live
NinjaguyDan
Collect and Contribute

Member 28985

Level 16.82

Mar 2008

Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:50 PM #4 of 5
You might like this gem I wandered across in my library too:

Game sound : an introduction to the history, theory, and practice of video game music and sound design / Karen Collins

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2009, 05:16 AM Local time: Dec 21, 2009, 02:16 AM #5 of 5
aditya258 is part of a tag team spam duo: it creates a seemingly innocuous thread, and then a day later it's responded to by a different account which does the actual linking. There's been some actually useful content here, though, so I just deleted the payload post and I'll leave this open. God knows we could use more activity here.

(thanks Prime Blue for pointing this out)

I was speaking idiomatically.
Undertale (PC, 2015)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [Request] Request on Game Music, Sound Development,Audio Gaming etc