Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Neverwinter Nights 2

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 12:48 AM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 12:48 AM #1 of 17
Neverwinter Nights 2

Well holy crap, it's out and nobody made a giddy thread on it! Even worse than that, I forgot to pick up my copy of the game from EB yesterday (and I skipped school both days....wow). Just seeing who else out there got it and as I play through it in the next 12+ hours, we shall discuss how awesome the game is. Gotta dig out my preorder freebie as well for the Merchants stuff!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 02:49 AM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 09:49 AM #2 of 17
How weird no one made a thread about it in multiplayer zone. I wonder if it's because it's mainly an off-line experience?

Most amazing jew boots
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 03:06 AM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 03:06 AM #3 of 17
Just a reminder courtesy of cheapassgamer: 10 bucks cheaper for both regular and limited editions at gogamer.com.

I asked my friend what he wanted for his birthday, and he told me to buy NWN2 for myself so he'd have someone to play with.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 01:33 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 01:33 PM #4 of 17
Originally Posted by Grawl
How weird no one made a thread about it in multiplayer zone. I wonder if it's because it's mainly an off-line experience?
My mistake on that part, guess I was reading the BF2 thread and didn't put it in the PC section, although I do recall the first one being very very very multiplayer...but oh well, Grawl knows best?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 02:35 PM #5 of 17
I can't really expect much out of this game. The first one was a complete let-down in terms of multiplayer design. I picked up on NWN1 sometime late after it's initial release only to discover people have fucked it up somewhat. People can manipulate the game to generate items and dupe stuff. Not to mention, there's hardly much communitive playing going on. I saw way too many PvP rooms made. It's just another Diablo II clone, why bother.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 07:23 PM #6 of 17
Originally Posted by Lukage
My mistake on that part, guess I was reading the BF2 thread and didn't put it in the PC section, although I do recall the first one being very very very multiplayer...but oh well, Grawl knows best?

Hell yes, Grawl knows everything.

No really, I have to agree with him. NVM2 sucks period. (Even for fucking single player, it sucks.)

This is ironic. I have all NVM serises and bought myself NVM2 even knowing NVM itself sucks. I guess I just had to "finish collecting" rest of it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 07:29 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 02:29 AM #7 of 17
Originally Posted by Taegueki
Hell yes, Grawl knows everything.
Well yes, that's true.

But my point was - this is created as a PC game, not as a multiplayer game. This forum should be used for;

a) on-line only games
b) specific 'I want to kill you in this game' stuff

Just because a game has 'a great online community' (then again, never really finished the SP story of NWN, so never bothered with MP) doesn't mean you need to post it in the MP forum.

FELIPE NO
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 04:02 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 10:02 AM #8 of 17
Moved to PC Forum RPG Forum.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 06:40 AM #9 of 17
NWN2 looks awesome. I really want to play it, but I've got a bunch of other things higher up in my queue. I heard that it's really a performance hog though.

Terra
Imp

Member 26

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 07:11 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 01:11 PM #10 of 17
I'm very excited, myself, but I'll wait till' at least january. My system needs an upgrade, and the persistent worlds need time to start up anyway.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 09:50 AM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 09:50 AM #11 of 17
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
NWN2 looks awesome. I really want to play it, but I've got a bunch of other things higher up in my queue. I heard that it's really a performance hog though.
On a X1600 AGP, yeah....bigger issue is the camera though. :\

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2006, 08:16 PM #12 of 17
Ive found, playing from the top down view helps my frames..still had to turn alot of shit off though. Still, Im really enjoying the game, more so than nwn 1 (never liked the battle system in the 1st game).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2007, 09:32 PM #13 of 17
Sorry to bump this old ass thread, but I was wondering:

How much better is NWN 2 over the first game? I was looking in the store today for the first game's "Diamond pack" and saw it for $15 and the second game for $20. I was thrown off because I heard from some people that it wasn't as good as the first game, and that it was more or less a graphics hog. But then again I heard that it had improved a lot of the little gripes that where in the first game.
I know the first game is great, I used to play it until I gave it to my brother. Would I enjoy the second game as well, or would I be better off getting the first game again and all of its expansions?

Most amazing jew boots
Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:39 AM Local time: Dec 3, 2007, 11:39 PM #14 of 17
You'd most likely enjoy the second one if you liked the first. Though, personally, I would get Neverwinter Nights 2 for the sole reason of getting the expansion Mask of the Betrayer, which is a fantastic piece of gaming beauty. They're both worth a play, but Mask of the Betrayer is better than NWN2 hands down.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Oh shit.

Last edited by Jinn; Dec 4, 2007 at 03:28 AM.
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2007, 04:17 PM #15 of 17
I know lots of fans loved second one, but I found it really boring and it was... meh.

How ya doing, buddy?
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2007, 07:55 PM #16 of 17
What makes Mask of the Betrayer so much better? Does it fix a lot of quips from NWN 2?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 04:41 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 03:41 PM #17 of 17
Essentially it boils down to the presentation of the story. It has more choices, more consequences and a far more engaging plot. I wouldn't want to give anything away, but it's definitely one of the best stories the CRPG genre has seen in quite some time. If it's any indication of the quality that is to be expected, many of the developers that worked on Planescape: Torment also worked on Mask of the Betrayer.

The game play remains mostly the same (in terms of battles and environment interaction), except your playing with epic level characters, so it requires a lot more buff spell use and tactics in battle. While the expansion is only about 30 hours long, you can play through it in entirely different ways several times. Certainly worth the $30 price tag.

They are both worth a play through, but personally I just preferred Mask of the Betrayer to NWN2. Hope that helps you out a little bit!

Oh shit.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Neverwinter Nights 2