Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Anyone knows what happened to vgmix.com?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2007, 12:50 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2007, 12:50 AM #1 of 12
Anyone knows what happened to vgmix.com?

Just wondering guys, I remember that I have found some most beautiful vgm arrangements at that site, now I'm wondering why the site hasnt been opened again since last year. Anyone knows what happened to this site? or perhaps all the vgmixer has migrated to ocremix.org? =3

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Jun 24, 2007, 12:53 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2007, 06:53 PM #2 of 12
The announcement has been there for the last two years. I submitted some remixes about two years ago, shortly later the whole homepage went down together with it (lol)

I don't really know whether they have financial problems or just don't give a damn anymore, but I also hope that it will come back one day.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2007, 12:57 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2007, 07:57 PM #3 of 12
Guys, you need to work on your internet detective skills ...

Quoted from the Temporary Forums (which are linked on the main page ...)

Quote:
Seems like forever, but it's only a few months. It's the day after we return from Magfest. An ETA is of course an ESTIMATE, and with work and life how it is, anything could come up. But we deeply, truly believe in this site, and we're not going to give up - no matter how long it takes. For the first time in my life I'm able to afford the server comfortably, so no donations are needed right now.

We need sufficient time to work out the bugs in beta, which will be conducted with a small number of regulars - We need people we know personally who can thoroughly describe how stuff breaks, and who know the site backwards and forwards.

Another, more unfortunate reason we withheld an ETA is the jerk factor. There are folks out there - the same who brought down 2.0 - who like to sabotage things just because they can, and then laugh about it. Launching unexpectedly would help rule out any planned disruptions. But honestly, if people want to break our stuff, they'll probably break it. We'll just do the best we can. With our new web host and vastly improved security, we can lock things down a lot better now, if it should come to that.

So hang in there. We're coming back very, very soon!
January 2007 by Virt. =3

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2007, 01:01 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2007, 01:01 AM #4 of 12
Hmm, I'm being pessimistic with the announcement actually, they officially mentioned that the site having bug, but wow, is it normally took more than two years to fix a bug in the system? Perhaps they are lost interest already to maintain the site

Quote:
So hang in there. We're coming back very, very soon!
Wow, I wish two years were soon. =(

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2007, 01:06 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2007, 08:06 PM #5 of 12

I dunno, sounds like Virt got more than enough interest in this, from what he wrote.

Also, he mentions attacks and stuff. Systematic hacking can very well explain the 2 years. That, and the fact there is still an apparently quite big musician community in the forums.

How ya doing, buddy?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Jun 24, 2007, 01:52 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2007, 07:52 PM #6 of 12
January 2007 by Virt. =3
You basically figured out the punchline yourself.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2007, 02:17 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2007, 12:17 PM #7 of 12
They changed the ETA so that it's coming out on the same day as Duke Nukem Forever. Keep your eyes open!

Seriously, it takes a long time to implement a system like this completely from scratch and while making its secure and while people have jobs and all that. Could it have been done faster? Maybe. But just be patient and hopefully it'll come out before the Sun burns out.

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Arcubalis
Syklis Orange

Member 16892

Level 13.48

Dec 2006

Old Jun 24, 2007, 05:43 PM Local time: Jun 24, 2007, 02:43 PM #8 of 12
Yeah. He's working on it, trust me. He has a lot going on himself, including a growing freelance career and various other musical outlets. Give it time, and I'm sure it will be worth it!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Liontamer
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards Larry's Funky House of Lowe OC ReMix

Member 1322

Level 18.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2007, 06:02 PM 1 #9 of 12
Yeah, I understand what y'all mean about wanting VGMix3 to go live finally, but there's anticipating it, and then merely there's complaining with a sense of entitlement. It's out when it's out, and that's all you can expect.

How ya doing, buddy?
Klondike
Small Time

Member 1186

Level 12.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2007, 12:39 AM #10 of 12
Have you seen their planned features and ideas list? It's incredibly huge. The site is going to launch with this elaborate built in community and point systems. I think that's cool, but what would be cooler is if they launched with a bare minimum of features, and use the community excitement that is waiting to be gushed their way to motivate themselves to keep working and add in new features.

I don't need to be wowed with crazy features. I just want a free, exciting alternative to Overclocked. VGMix2 produced lots of creative mixes that I still enjoy immensely. I just want the music back!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
My Blog

Currently listening to:
Everything by Pogo
Liontamer
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards Larry's Funky House of Lowe OC ReMix

Member 1322

Level 18.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 07:12 PM #11 of 12
And virt has been working on Contra 4 for the DS. So...let him slide. C'mon.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Jun 27, 2007, 01:17 AM Local time: Jun 27, 2007, 07:17 AM #12 of 12
Uhh it's not that we're complaining, I guess. I mean, I don't really care, those guys can take as much time as they want, I just think that one shouldn't be too optimistic after all.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Anyone knows what happened to vgmix.com?