Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] So we're getting a 360...

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:22 PM Local time: Oct 17, 2011, 12:22 PM #1 of 23
So we're getting a 360...

Like the title said, my fiance and I will be getting a 360 soon. She wanted one because of Kinect, and I because of SKYRIM. Aside from that, I won't have a big budget to buy a ton of new games.

I've been out of the gaming scene for a long time now, and I've lost track of the games that have come and go. So, I would like your advise on 6 games I can buy that has a balance of RPGs, Action Games, Sports, Family/Casual games, and those Kinect games.

My fiance is not that big of gaming fan, but she had a lot of fun with Rhythm Heaven, Picross, and other puzzle games on the DS, and some old-school NES shooter games like Twin-Bee & Galaga/Galaxian. She also had a lot of fun with that golf game on Wii.

I'm ready for your suggestions.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Vemp; Oct 16, 2011 at 11:30 PM.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:45 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2011, 10:45 PM 2 #2 of 23
Originally Posted by Vemp;
a balance of RPGs,

Quote:
Action Games,

Quote:
Sports,

Quote:
Family/Casual games

Quote:
those Kinect games.

Quote:
some old-school NES shooter games like Twin-Bee & Galaga/Galaxian.

How ya doing, buddy?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2011, 01:38 AM 1 #3 of 23
Lets see... as a girly gamer for 360, I highly recommend Viva Pinata, that farming shit is the best awesome game ever. There's VP Trouble in Paradise (sequel) you probably be able to find these days. Hopefully. Not only that, its very family friendly and great to get into.

Blue Dragon is an easy but great jrpg. ONLY if you're a fan of Dragon Quest style jrpgs though. Excellent for G rating.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is an excellent espionage (think MGS non-linear with upgrades) action rpg. I say rpg loosely because you still have lots of people to talk that are involved with the plot and around you. Its neat as hell. Not rated G for sure though.

THEM LEGO GAMES omg. They're excellent co-op fun silly games for me and my sweetie. Take your pick! I recommend Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues and because its the most polished I've seen thus far. And Pirates of Caribbean is pretty good. They're all obviously family friendly.

Portal 2 is FANTASTIC puzzler, she must love it or you're kicking her ass out. I'd personally get the Orange Box if you can and get this too. Another great thing about Portal 2 is the co-op!

Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is another excellent G rated action/adventure. If you recall the N64 games, this game takes it from there and adds on brilliant building vehicle mechanics that adds a whole slew of ideas of how to tackle a mission. The hub system is great. Can't remember if you can co-op in this or not.

So essentially you got these to check out at least.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Philia; Oct 17, 2011 at 01:53 AM.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2011, 04:27 AM Local time: Oct 17, 2011, 02:27 AM #4 of 23
I have no real suggestions, I just wanted to say it's about fucking time. I mean for reals.

Oh wait, actually that's a lie. As a comic fan you would be doing yourself a huge injustice if you didn't try X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and Arkham Asylum/Arkham City. Seriously. I will punch you if you don't. They are both the epitome of game for their respective characters.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Jessykins; Oct 17, 2011 at 04:32 AM.
Polymath
Best in the World

Member 38578

Level 1.86

Oct 2011

Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:30 AM #5 of 23
RPGs, Action Games, Sports, Family/Casual games, and those Kinect games.
RPG: Spoil yourself and get Skyrim
Action Games: Batman: Arkham City. She'll watch you play if she's a fan of the old batman cartoons (who isnt a fan of the animated series?!) and loves the realism of the dark knight. It's also Batman, and the best portrayal of the man too!
Sports: NHL 2012, NBA 2k12, or FIFA 12,each has its perks and depth. get a sport you both can enjoy
Family/Casual XBLA can feed your need with games for near 10 bucks or so. you can grab a few of these. You will find everything and anything there. Castle Crashers to catslevania, and more.
Kinect wait for star wars kinect.

Also I do plan on getting another box in the apartment for a multi

I was speaking idiomatically.
"The reason I’m leaving is you people. Because after I’m gone, you’re still going to pour money into this company. I’m just a spoke on the wheel. The wheel is going to keep turning and I understand that."

Last edited by Polymath; Oct 17, 2011 at 06:32 AM.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:19 AM Local time: Oct 17, 2011, 08:19 AM #6 of 23
Most of what I'd recommend has been mentioned already, but my wife played Fruit Ninja on Kinect with my sister when she visited my mom and fucking loves it. I've played and enjoyed it on iPad, so I'm sure it's great fun on a big screen, using arms and legs to slice fruit.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:33 AM Local time: Oct 17, 2011, 09:33 AM #7 of 23
Gotta second Skills on Tales of Vesperia. I can't remember the last jRPG where I was actually playing for the dialogue. Batman is also pretty sweet, and a lot more forgiving to people like me that suck at those kinds of games than, say, Bayonetta and Vanquish (at least, the demo for the latter seemed like it could quickly become unforgiving to someone that sucks at aiming with the joystick).

There's also a buttload of sandbox style games, so if you're into them at all there's flavors for every taste.

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:09 PM #8 of 23
Vesperia is hands-down the best jRPG on 360, no lie.

I would go with maybe Batman for the action game, or if you're up for it Bayonetta (which is the greatest character action game of this generation IMO).

Also Portal 2 is excellent, and has split screen co-op and is adorable so that might be something your gf/wife would enjoy playing with you even if she's not real big on games.

Most amazing jew boots
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:36 PM Local time: Oct 17, 2011, 06:36 PM #9 of 23
For family friendly action, I would second viva pinata and banjo and kazooie (any of them). I would recommend Kameo too, but Skills would have a seizure or something. Blue Dragon (RPG) gets pretty good once you get some hours into it.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 along with Deus Ex for action rpg. Bioshock 1 and 2 if you did not play them on PC or PS3. The latter is mainly a FPS with a Godly story and some minor RPG elements.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Grundlefield Earth; Oct 17, 2011 at 06:39 PM.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:02 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2011, 10:02 AM #10 of 23
Wow thanks for the recommendations! I like how GFF comes together for a good cause!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:08 PM Local time: Oct 17, 2011, 07:08 PM #11 of 23
SHUT UP AND PLAY BATMAN.

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:23 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2011, 10:23 AM #12 of 23
VERILY. Oh I played halfway to Arkham Asylum sometime last year. It was fantastic! I'll be sure to finish it this time around.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:41 AM Local time: Oct 17, 2011, 10:41 PM #13 of 23
I agree on Vesperia as a RPG variant. That game is a literal timesink.

You can also try Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 for your comic game fix. Also the LEGO star wars/Indiana Jones with your fiance for good times.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:44 AM #14 of 23
Yeah, if you get a Lego game do NOT get Lego Batman or the first Lego Indy games, they're not that great. Lego Indiana Jones 2, Lego Pirates, or Lego Star Wars Clone Wars are the way to go as they started making huge graphic and usability advances starting with Indy 2. I still love the original Lego Star Wars games, but it was roughhhhhh going back to it after playing Indy 2.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:40 AM #15 of 23
I still love the original Lego Star Wars games, but it was roughhhhhh going back to it after playing Indy 2.
I hated the Lego Star Wars game - mostly because of the insane difficulty factor for some of the achievements.

FELIPE NO
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:44 AM #16 of 23
Yeah, if you get a Lego game do NOT get Lego Batman or the first Lego Indy games, they're not that great. Lego Indiana Jones 2, Lego Pirates, or Lego Star Wars Clone Wars are the way to go as they started making huge graphic and usability advances starting with Indy 2. I still love the original Lego Star Wars games, but it was roughhhhhh going back to it after playing Indy 2.
I'd have to disagree with you there. I haven't played Pirates or Clone Wars, but I preferred the much simpler hub worlds used in Batman and the first Indy game over how they were done in Indy 2 and Harry Potter. Batman in particular is my favorite of all of the Lego games, and is well worth playing. The first Lego Indy game did tend to be kind of frustrating, though.

As for other suggestions, nobody's mentioned Enslaved or Majin & the Forsaken Kingdom yet. The latter is somewhat difficult to find and they didn't even bother releasing it in Canada, but it's a fun game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:51 AM #17 of 23
I will be the one person to mention Quantum Of Solace because it is my most played FPS. I liked it so much I got all the achievements on both 360 and the PS3.

I'd also suggest Red Dead Redemption and (if we could get some other GFF people interested again) Left 4 Dead 2.

How ya doing, buddy?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:31 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2011, 11:31 AM 2 #18 of 23
I hated the Lego Star Wars game - mostly because of the insane difficulty factor for some of the achievements.
I heard that Hoth level was pretty tough, too.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:23 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2011, 10:23 PM #19 of 23
RPGs, Action Games, Sports, Family/Casual games, and those Kinect games.
Seeing as how you probably don't want to spend too much cash in one go, try these on for size:

Rpg - Last Remnant. Sure it has graphical issues and sure most of what you need to know to play the game well isn't explained anywhere in the game but it's a proper time sink of a game if you get into it. Also has the rare distinction of being a jrpg where you can actually lose battles and not just be able to grind your way past the tough bits.

Action Games - You really should buy Halo Reach, or even Halo 3. Both have a decent enough single player campaign and you can of course play co-op. Failing that, get Earth Defence Force Insect Armaggedon. It's silly, it's fun, it's multiplayer. Also the Battlefield series is great. Bad Company 2 had a playable single player campaign and there is of course BF3 coming out very soon.

Sports - GRID is the best driving game on the 360, at least in terms of the fun, if not hyper-realism. The Tiger Woods games are all pretty good and all if you like golf.

Family/Casual - The Lego games are pretty awesome. The Guitar Hero games are top fun too and you can get all the bits dead cheap these days too.

Others - I don't have Kinect so can't comment on that but you should get Condemned, Just Cause 2, GTA IV and more importantly the episodes, Crackdown, Batman, L.A. Noire and Too Human...

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:41 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2011, 08:41 AM #20 of 23
Thanks for the suggestions you guys! I'll write down these titles so I can look it up when we buy the console!

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:17 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2012, 09:17 AM #21 of 23
OHAI I just got that threefiddy and I'm reading through the thread for a list of games to buy! Thanks again, GFF!

gff4evah.

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2012, 04:01 PM #22 of 23
I know this this is two month necromancy, but holy shit why didn't I pitch in and say that you must at least attempt Deadly Premonition. Probably in my top 15 games of all time, now.

It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2012, 08:25 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2012, 09:25 AM #23 of 23
Whooa a horror game for the 360! I need to check this out! Thanks wlvfy!

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] So we're getting a 360...