Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] The Denicalis/Shin Sacred 2 Wankfest Thread (Pssst, no one cares)

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2010, 04:18 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2010, 10:18 PM #1 of 24
The Denicalis/Shin Sacred 2 Wankfest Thread (Pssst, no one cares)

LOL, I'm sorry! But yeah I wasn't that much of a completionist though, only WITH RPGS I do. And only with jrpgs and grindfest rpgs. There's some games that are impossible to achieve with 100% completion and only people I know that likes that number often is Skills. xD
Speaking of which, I recently got 1,000/1,000 out of Sacred 2!

Spoiler:
Sacred is dead easy to finish but damn near impossible to complete. Starting a new bronze campaign, you could probably get to the end in well under 20 hours and that would include a lot of exploring. My focused run through to get the achievements for uncovering less than 20% of the map and not buying anything took me about 12 hours. You pick up a lot of achievements just by playing through but some require a bit of effort. None are particularly hard to get, just time consuming. My longest running character, the first one I started, is a level 80 odd Shadow Warrior, up to Platinum difficulty. I got the Niob achievement by joining a game online, I've not yet reached it offline. The max level is 250 too which must take forever to get to, I've spent over 200 hours on my SW game. The annoying thing about Sacred 2 is that skill choices are permanent, meaning that my SW is a dubious build with a few wasted skills. With what I know about the game now, I could have built him much better. That said, he's more than hard enough, rarely takes more than a couple of combos to kill most bosses and the last avhievement I got was the one for drinking 1,000 health potions because he never really needs to (I'm carrying over 3,000 of the things too).

Getting the achievement for visiting all the temples probably needs a guide. I've explored 90% odd of the map and I still managed to walk straight past a couple of them. Getting to level 15 with every character is time consuming, requiring about 12 hours per character and doing the same missions from the start of the game over and over can be dull.

I loved the game (Or I wouldn't have spent over 300 hours playing it) but I can't imagine ever completing it. Doing that would require getting to Niob difficulty, maxing your character and finding all the employees dotted around which would take forever as far as I can tell. If you're a fan of loot-em-ups though, there's few better games out there.

The only other games I've got 1,000/1,000 out of are Last Remnant (Which is another one that requires time rather than skill, although beating the proper last boss and a few of the optional ones takes a good understanding of the game mechanics) and the Vandal Hearts game on XBLA.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2010, 04:30 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2010, 03:30 PM #2 of 24
Finally, our thread making skills of Sacred 2 is validated

Shin, I've played a wee bit of Sacred.

Please explain to me the difference between playing this and some MMORPG?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2010, 04:48 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2010, 10:48 PM #3 of 24
Well for starters you can play it on your own. The capacity is there to play with a group of people but the game is eminently playable alone. Also, you can happily play through the story and most of the side quests without any amount of finding decent gear or building a decent character. You get so much loot thrown at you, semi-decent stuff is commonplace, it takes a bit of perseverence to find the really good stuff but that tends to make you comedically over-powered. Most of the armour my main character is finding has a defence of 300-400. The breastplate he's wearing has a defence of 1,200 odd for example.

Essentially though it's pretty similar. You do quests, you find gear with higher numbers, you level up and increae your stat numbers and the monsters scale up levels, adding to their numbers. It's a never ending circle until you hit top level and can kill anything in the game with a glance. There's no grinding per se though as the massive number of side-quests mean you can keep doing frech stuff and there's never any need to just kill monsters over and over. I actually spend a lot of time running away from monsters as killing them is pointless after a while. Just killing the ones you have to or run into in silly numbers gets you all the gear and levels you need if you're obsessive about doing all the missions you can.

I've never actually played a MMORPG to be honest but I doubt I'd enjoy it, people online take good builds and prime loot a bit too seriously, you have to play it the right way whereas I go more for attacks that look good and a build that makes sense to me aesthetically. Playing offline games you can do what you want, be that fighting the big bosses or just wandering around aimlessly, without some other guy calling you a noob all day long.

Basically I'm pretty anti-social so I prefer offline rpgs.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss; Aug 3, 2010 at 04:57 PM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2010, 04:53 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2010, 03:53 PM #4 of 24
As do I. Most people online are fucking stupid, and people in MMOs doubly so.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2010, 04:59 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2010, 10:59 PM #5 of 24
I suppose this does at least make it that much easier to troll them.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2010, 02:05 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2010, 01:05 PM #6 of 24
I suppose this does at least make it that much easier to troll them.
I've finally gotten into Sacred 2. Made a dual-wielding Sera and have been having fun cutting a swath through bad guys. It is a pretty decent Diablo clone.

Skills would loathe it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2010, 04:36 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2010, 10:36 PM #7 of 24
Skills loathes all the games I like.

If you're playing on 360, don't bother with the blacksmithing skill, it doesn't do anything on that version. I never really got into my Seraphim, I just ground away to level 15 without any real planning of the character. I know that dual wielding skill and weapon skills don't stack so don't waste points building up your sword skill. Also, the best trick I started on my more recent games was keeping any indestructible minions you get from missions. It's worth failing (well, not completeing rather than failing) a mission in the first big city to get two elf soldiers following you around for the rest of the game. If nothing else, having a private army is awesome.

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2010, 04:50 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2010, 03:50 PM #8 of 24
Nah, I have her set up as a dual wielding monster.

Here's my skills outline:

1: Tactics Lore
2: Armour Lore
3: Dual Wield
4: Enhanced Perception
5: Bargaining
6: Exalted Warrior Focus
7: Combat Reflexes
8: Toughness
9: Constitution
10: Revered Technology

Bumping up Revered at the endgame let's you use nova as a nasty, NASTY AoE for quick leveling.

Basically: Battle Stance, Warding Energy, Pelting Strikes.

Everything dies.

How ya doing, buddy?

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2010, 04:54 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2010, 10:54 PM #9 of 24
I wouldn't bother with Bargaining and Enhanced Perception together. You either buy stuff or you find it, taking both is overkill. You might be better served taking an extra aspect focus or a lore skill. The great thing about the game though is you could take a ton of crap skills and your character would still end up super hard.

Killing huge mobs is hilariously satisfying though. Getting a couple of area attacks down to a recharge time shorter than the animation is fun times.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2010, 04:56 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2010, 03:56 PM #10 of 24
You need at least 5 in that skillset to get Bargaining. EP is simply the least offensive of the bunch.

A means to an end, only.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2010, 05:05 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2010, 11:05 PM #11 of 24
Yeah, I got riding in order to get EP, was kinda helpful until I got the unique mount. I think if I go back to playing the game I'll build up either my Inquisitor or High Elf rather than continue boosting my Shadow Warrior, just so I can have a properly built character and those two are the most fun to play I reckon.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2010, 08:59 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2010, 07:59 PM #12 of 24
Inq and a HE?

Someone likes their casters.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2010, 02:45 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2010, 08:45 PM #13 of 24
I like pretending to be The Emperor mainly, it's all about the force lightning.

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2010, 03:20 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2010, 02:20 PM #14 of 24
Last night I rolled up an ice-based HE. I've quickly discovered if I wanted to, I could make her nigh invulnerable at higher levels. But I've decided if I want to play a hybrid caster, I'll go Inq and I've figured out a nice build in my head. Dual wielding, three buffed monster.

Should be fun. This will probably be the one I play through the game with.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2010, 03:28 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2010, 09:28 PM #15 of 24
I'll hop in and join you if I see you online once my bandwidth hogging housemate fucks off back to London.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2010, 03:41 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2010, 02:41 PM #16 of 24
With your level 90 something, crazy high Niob besting monstrosity sitting alongside my lvl. 1 Inquisitor? Sweet.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2010, 11:28 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2010, 05:28 PM #17 of 24
Sadly, you can only join games with a gap of 10 levels. This means I can join your level 5 Inquisitor with any of my level 15 characters but not the Shadow Warrior.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2010, 12:00 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2010, 11:00 AM #18 of 24
Well, I actually ran my inquisitor for a bit and then discovered I like my Sera best of all. So I started a new build, just hit level 15. Already have 1 set item, a unique sword and a lightsaber.

I love EP/Bargaining combo.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2010, 04:08 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2010, 10:08 PM #19 of 24
The rate you seem to be going you'll catch up to my SW in no time, although as a Seraphim you'll be on the light campaign...

Looks like I'll be playing High Elf then!

How ya doing, buddy?
Kyndig
Syklis Green

Member 2709

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2010, 05:21 PM #20 of 24
I like the idea of this game and I kind of want to get the achievements that I am missing but I just start losing my mind whenever I start playing it for any length of time. I saw MOO playing it yesterday and was going to send him a hateful message but then I got depressed and turned my xbox off.

I guess my fire mage will languish unfulfilled at level 50 whatever, FOREVER.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2010, 07:04 PM #21 of 24
ROFL. What do you mean you start losing your mind, like it gets boring or something?

This is one of the 2 or 3 games I think about frequently and want to go back to, it was pretty awesome.

I was speaking idiomatically.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2010, 07:10 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2010, 06:10 PM #22 of 24
Shin. Just hit level 30. So far the only thing that's even made a dent in me is the White Griffin.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2010, 08:45 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2010, 02:45 AM #23 of 24
I started a new Light campaign SW with a proper build. I'm up to level 11 so far so I might catch up to within 10 levels easy enough. I didn't like any of my existing light campaign characters...

Have you fought the Kobold Chief yet, he can be hard to kill at low levels.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2010, 08:46 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2010, 07:46 PM #24 of 24
33, as we speak, and ripping apart thys- thysin- The elven big city. I'm exploring every inch of the map, so it's taking some time.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] The Denicalis/Shin Sacred 2 Wankfest Thread (Pssst, no one cares)