Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Xbox 360 Discussion. Thermal paste, the delicious and nutricious snack of the future.

Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:10 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 02:10 PM #1 of 851
Unhappy Xbox 360 Discussion. Thermal paste, the delicious and nutricious snack of the future.

Man, I can't believe how good of a marketing gimmick the whole achievements/gamerscore thing is. Anyone else find themselves renting games for the sole purpose of gaining achievements (I haven't touched a sports game since the original Madden Football on SNES).

Anyway, all this system really needs is some more good games. PDZ is pretty good, but none of the upcoming games really excite me that much. Let's just get Halo 3 out here already.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:13 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 03:13 PM #2 of 851
So far, PDZ is the only game I've picked up for my 360. I did play a friend's copy of Call of Duty 2. Naturally, I don't like WWII games, but this one was actually pretty fun to play, so chances are, I'll end up picking it up for myself next month.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:15 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 02:15 PM #3 of 851
Dead or Alive 4 is noteable of picking up. That is, if you are a fighting game nut. But my 360's games are getting boring. It just sits there really. Though this month may be better. I hope. If not, it's just PS2 gaming for a while.

How ya doing, buddy?
Yillb
Syklis Green

Member 145

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:19 PM #4 of 851
Ghost Recon comes out in a few days- just before springbreak too. Then there is Elder Scrolls like a week or two later. March madness?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:22 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 03:22 PM #5 of 851
DOA4 sounded interesting for a bit, but then I tried it, and ended up hating it as much as the rest. The controls sucked, and it felt slower than Tekken 5 (which is also a bit slow, but not as slow).

How ya doing, buddy?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:41 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 03:41 PM #6 of 851
Man fucking 360 is amazing, but people will call me out for saying that even though they are just jealous most likely. 5/6 games I have are all great. Condemned, PGR3, PDZ, Kameo, and COD2. NBA2k6 is good, but sport games are never great. Damn I can't believe I lost my condemned thread, I spent so much time on that.

Anyway, out of those five games I can't reallly pick my favorite because they all stand out differently. Graphics are insane on all of them, but Kameo probably most of all, which is classic Rare by the way. Condemned is the most underrated game of the launch by far and maybe the whole year. Story and atmosphere as well as graphics and gameplay are key here. The other three each have their own great things as well.

And no I would never rent a game solely for achievements. That is pretty retarded considering the overall score doesnt even mean anything. Games I do play though, I will always try to complete the game totally and that means trying to get all the achievement. Increases greatness of games ten fold. So far I am doing quite well on the game/achievement ratio though. I wish they didn't show the demo games I played on my gamercard though.

Oh and usk Tube for renting NBA2k6 =p I actually bought it considering I hadn't played a BBall game since 2k1 on DC and wanted to get back into it. Of course school takes up my gaming time so I don't have much to play it. As well as Kameo that I just got for my birthday. I will like to have that completed before Oblvion hits because I will not be playing any other games besides that for a a long long long time.

ps tube did you drop out of college for more 360 time. Lately it seems you are always on.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Grundlefield Earth; Mar 2, 2006 at 03:45 PM.
]-Ac3-[

Member 151

Level 5.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:43 PM #7 of 851
Originally Posted by Bahamut Zero
Man fucking 360 is amazing, but people will call me out for saying that even though they are just jealous most likely. 5/6 games I have are all great. Condemned, PGR3, PDZ, Kameo, and COD2. NBA2k6 is good, but sport games are never great. Damn I can't believe I lost my condemned thread, I spent so much time on that.

Anyway, out of those five games I can't reallly pick my favorite because they all stand out differently. Graphics are insane on all of them, but Kameo probably most of all, which is classic Rare by the way. Condemned is the most underrated game of the launch by far and maybe the whole year. Story and atmosphere as well as graphics and gameplay are key here. The other three each have their own great things as well.

And no I would never rent a game solely for achievements. That is pretty retarded considering the overall score doesnt even mean anything. Games I do play though, I will always try to complete the game totally and that means trying to get all the achievement. Increases greatness of games ten fold. So far I am doing quite well on the game/achievement ratio though. I wish they didn't show the demo games I played on my gamercard though.
The Xbox 360 has defnitely grew on me. Maybe that's because it's all I have? I think I'll lean towards the PS3 more when it's released. As of right now, my xbox 360 is just collecting dust... besides when I play FNR3 which I LOVE

Most amazing jew boots

Trust me, the person posting this has nothing exciting to say.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:14 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:14 AM #8 of 851
Man, where the hell is Oblivion? I'm sick of playing Geometry Wars(actually no, I lie, best fucking game ever.)

Wasn't this due out in Feburary? Well, it's March now, and there's simply no sign. I'm still kind of sketchy on buying an european 360 - to be released on the 23rd of March(it's only $739.95 of my currency) as I'm not sure if Oblivion will be out by then.

Meanwhile, I'd love it if they fixed the backwards compatibility so I can play Jet Set Radio: Future. While gff was down, I discovered that playing Jet Set Radio(for Dreamcast) via a VGA monitor, with the help of sir VGA adaptor, is basically HDTV quality. If this can be done for the Dreamcast, I'm sure there's VGA compatibility with the 360. It's far cheaper than forking out a few grand for a HDTV.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:27 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:27 PM #9 of 851
The Xbox 360 hasn't impressed me very much as of yet. There has yet to be that "Halo", and I've spent 90% of my time playing DoA 4 so far. It's a solid fighting game, but most differences are not immediately noticeable from previous entries into the series.

Here's hoping Ghost Recon will deliver the goods, I've got mine pre-ordered.

Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:31 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 04:31 PM #10 of 851
It'll be awhile before Xbox 360 has anything remotely close to Halo-caliber. Easily the system's biggest downfall, but at least there are still tons of ways to have fun killing time with the arcade/downloadable trailers/demos/etc.

And is it just me or does the built-in DVD playing functionality suck? Only good thing about it is you're not required to buy an accessory to play DVDs.

Kaijima
Squeak the Dragon

Member 313

Level 4.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:25 PM #11 of 851
A demo of Ghost Recon will be up in a few days on Live. I'd advise anyone who thinks there isn't a "killer app" yet to grab the demo. Of course, if you want something -just- like Halo you're going to be let down because GRAW isn't supposed to be. But it's probably going to be the first triple-A title or close to it on the platform.

Also, I do think the Achievement system is the best thing since sliced bread. Yeah, it can be used as a gimmick, but on the other hand, it's more of a quiet revolution IMHO than it appears at first. People like to compete and measure themselves against others. For years, we've had all sorts of bonus achievements to strive for in single player games, but networking them like this and making it a standardized system with score keeping - biggest psychological kick in the pants gaming has had in ages.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:25 PM #12 of 851
Happiest Day Of My Life

I am hooking up my 360 this very second! Can I get a woot woot?

:biggrin:

Kaijima
Squeak the Dragon

Member 313

Level 4.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:29 PM #13 of 851
Originally Posted by Plarom

Woot woot!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:34 PM #14 of 851
There are rumors to be another "Halo-like" game releasing for the 360. It's like a fusion of Mech Assault, and Halo. I think the game is called Lost Planet.

Kaijima
Squeak the Dragon

Member 313

Level 4.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:58 PM #15 of 851
Originally Posted by Neogin
There are rumors to be another "Halo-like" game releasing for the 360. It's like a fusion of Mech Assault, and Halo. I think the game is called Lost Planet.
It's by Capcom. A trailer for it has been up in the Live Marketplace for a month or so. I've viewed it - it has potential, could be interesting.

FELIPE NO
Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:38 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:38 PM #16 of 851
Sorry, but Tube's Law dictates that any games involved in comparisons between itself and Halo will end up being complete flops upon the date of release.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Kaijima
Squeak the Dragon

Member 313

Level 4.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:05 PM #17 of 851
Originally Posted by TubeRacer
Sorry, but Tube's Law dictates that any games involved in comparisons between itself and Halo will end up being complete flops upon the date of release.
Somebody's a Halo fanboy and a half!

(And I say that with love )

galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:11 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:11 PM #18 of 851
So is it possible to walk into a store, grab a 360 and one game and purchase them yet, or are we still whores to the "package" system?

I go to Best Buy fairly often, and they don't have any units. They have games, and accessories...but no consoles.

]-Ac3-[

Member 151

Level 5.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:57 PM #19 of 851
Originally Posted by Kaijima
A demo of Ghost Recon will be up in a few days on Live. I'd advise anyone who thinks there isn't a "killer app" yet to grab the demo. Of course, if you want something -just- like Halo you're going to be let down because GRAW isn't supposed to be. But it's probably going to be the first triple-A title or close to it on the platform.

Also, I do think the Achievement system is the best thing since sliced bread. Yeah, it can be used as a gimmick, but on the other hand, it's more of a quiet revolution IMHO than it appears at first. People like to compete and measure themselves against others. For years, we've had all sorts of bonus achievements to strive for in single player games, but networking them like this and making it a standardized system with score keeping - biggest psychological kick in the pants gaming has had in ages.
oh nice, i'll have to try that demo.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Trust me, the person posting this has nothing exciting to say.
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:13 AM #20 of 851
Ghost Recon probably whack 'cept for the graphics.

Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:03 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 01:03 PM #21 of 851
Originally Posted by galen
So is it possible to walk into a store, grab a 360 and one game and purchase them yet, or are we still whores to the "package" system?

I go to Best Buy fairly often, and they don't have any units. They have games, and accessories...but no consoles.
Nope. My Wal-Mart has a couple core systems in there to just pick up every week or so, but nowhere around here can you just walk in and pick up a premium yet.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:28 PM #22 of 851
Depends where you live, also. In my area, there's a Toys R Us with several core 360s.

galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:19 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 09:19 PM #23 of 851
Fuck that, i want the HD.

This shit is weak, Microsoft. Get your act together already.

How ya doing, buddy?
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:48 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 09:48 PM #24 of 851
Originally Posted by Plarom

I'm kind of sad for you that that's the happiest day of your life, but I'll give you a woot and a half.

Woot wo.

How ya doing, buddy?
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:08 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:08 AM #25 of 851
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by evergreen
I'm kind of sad for you that that's the happiest day of your life, but I'll give you a woot and a half.

Woot wo.
I wouldn't worry about it, he has his whole life ahead of him.

I still can't believe the prices that the 360 bundles go for and by now you would figure M$FT had enough to go around.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/systems/xbox360/

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Xbox 360 Discussion. Thermal paste, the delicious and nutricious snack of the future.