Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Official XBLA thread. Complain about the new price points but buy the garbage anyway!

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 04:18 AM Local time: May 15, 2007, 03:18 AM #1 of 466
Official XBLA thread. Complain about the new price points but buy the garbage anyway!

This is half of the subject matter of that old thread that was recently destickied. Hopefully, with a tighter focus, this can be kept up to date and relevant.

This is the official Xbox Live Arcade thread. It's purpose, as such, is to discuss any and all XBLA releases, information, or updates. This will hopefully keep down on threads like the Wing Commander one that gets all of 5 responses and will also be a good one stop thread for information.

Anywho, let's start.

This week's game is Aegis Wing.

Originally Posted by xbox.com
Features

Aegis Wing is a side-scrolling space combat game reminiscent of classic eighties arcade hits. It features alien-busting action, slick graphics, an orchestral soundtrack, and devastating power-ups.

Also included is a unique cooperative mode of play in which up to three additional players can "attach" to the leader's ship and become independent, 360-degree gun turrets.

* Old-school genre: Get ready for an action-retro 2-D sci-fi side scrolling shooter, similar to Gradius or Defender.
* Multiplayer gameplay: Up to four players can compete on the same console or on Xbox LIVE®. Attach to each other, and super weapon powers grow as more players attach. After attaching, there's one pilot and each rider rotates fire via a 360-degree gun turret.
* Super weapons: Wield four super weapons, including the Hades Beam (kills everything in it’s path), the Gordon Burst (EMP pulse that kills all bullets and short circuits enemies), the Arcus Missile (heat-seeking missiles), and Lambda Shield (allows bullets to be deflected and used against the enemies).

More screens

Apparently, this was designed by three interns, which is pretty neat, in that they actually are getting it out on XBLA. It's great exposure.

Oh, and it's free. Score. It'll give us something to play while we wait for the Halo 3 beta download to finish, I guess.

----------------

Other newish news is that a version of Bomberman is due out in June. It's gonna support 8 players. This sounds like hot uber sex. There's also DLC planned, and we've got screenshots and video.

More info, courtesy of GAF. (Sorry I couldn't find a source that didn't blow ballsack).

Quote:
Features:
- Developed by Backbone Entertainment
- Offline multiplayer up to 4 players (NO System Link)
- Up to 8 people can play over Xbox Live
- Official tournaments each month
- Customizable Bombermen (according to PR: 10,000 possibilities)
- Power-ups also customizable
- 8 different arena's
- No price revealed yet
- DLC planned (see below)
- Will be released mid June

Add-on packs written in the press release:

First pack (30 days after LIVE date):
- 1 New Game Mode - Most Frags Mode
- 2 arenas – Air Ship, and a Las Vegas Level
- 10 new characters
- 5 Gamer Pics
- 1 Theme

Second pack (60 days after LIVE date):
- Bomb Shelters
- 10 new characters
- 2 arenas -- Race Level, and an Dreamland Level
- 5 Gamer Pics
- 1 Theme

Third pack (90 days after LIVE date):
- 2 new arenas Candy World & Inferno
- 10 new characters
- 5 Gamer Pics
- 1 Theme

Achievements:

Paint the town red!
Win a Zombie match in Local Play against 2+ computer players - 10 points

The Name's Bomb, Dangerous Bomb
Take out 3 CPU players at once in a Local game - 10 points

Exterminator
Win 15 Local matches against 3+ CPU players - 10 points

Totally Bombed!
Win a Local match against 3+ CPU players after being in a Super Revenge Cart - 10 points

Completely Unstoppable!
Remain undefeated for five consecutive 4+ player Xbox Live games - 10 points

You die so good!
Score 25 Frags in an Xbox Live Match in Most Frags mode - 15 points

The Bomb!
Win 30 Xbox Live games - 15 points

Joy of Painting with Bomberman
Claim 130 or more tiles in a Local Zombie match against 3+ CPU players - 20 points

The Good, The Bad and The Bombed
With the full cowboy outfit, Frag another cowboy in an Xbox Live match - 20 points

Girl Power!
With a full female outfit win an Xbox Live 4+ player girl only match - 25 points

Did I just win…AGAIN?!
Go on a winning rampage and win 10 consecutive matches in a Ranked Tournament - 25 points

EXTREME MAKEOVER!
Collect 60 Costume Balls - 30 points
That gets me wet in the shorts. Could be major awesome.

----------------

Prince of Persia remake confirmed, by the way.

Quote:
UBISOFT ANNOUNCES PRINCE OF PERSIA® CLASSIC
FOR XBOX LIVE® ARCADE

The Original 1989 Prince of Persia Game Gets a Next-Gen Makeover

Today, Ubisoft announced it will be releasing Prince of Persia® Classic on Xbox LIVE® Arcade early summer. A remake of the 1989 Prince of Persia game that was lauded as THE game that started the platforming genre features the same intricate level design, exciting swordplay, puzzle solving, and storyline from the original. Developed by Gameloft, Prince of Persia Classic has received a brand-new coat of paint with character designs, animations, visuals and lighting effects giving the game a close to 3D look. To freshen the gameplay experience, new traps, puzzles and enemies have also been added. Prince of Persia Classic for Xbox LIVE® Arcade will have an ESRB rating of "T for Teen.

About Prince of Persia Classic
While the Sultan of Persia is away for a war, the evil Vizier seizes the throne for himself. He has also imprisoned the beautiful Princess and has given her an hour to decide her fate - marry him or die. As the courageous Prince, you have 60 minutes to complete the mission of saving the Princess from her deadly fate.

© 2007 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Based on Prince of Persia® created by Jordan Mechner. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Prince of Persia is a trademark of Jordan Mechner in the U.S. and/or other countries used under license by Ubisoft Entertainment. Developed by Gameloft. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox LIVE and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
IGN interviews Vincent Boiteau.

Basically it's the first PoP game, with new and improved MAD GRAFIX, and some new moves for the Prince. Ok, this was...not what I was expecting. Sure, the first PoP is fun, but I dunno if I can stomach another remake of a game that doesn't have the added benefit of online multi. I guess we'll see, though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 07:26 AM Local time: May 15, 2007, 01:26 PM #2 of 466
The first Prince of Persia also only takes about an hour to complete when you know where you're going. I fail to see how the addition of "New moves" can make it any better.

How ya doing, buddy?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 01:35 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 12:35 PM #3 of 466
I'm in a similar boat. While the original was great, I don't see how it'll have much staying power on the Arcade, and I'm not that excited for it if it's just a graphical overhaul and doesn't have anything in terms of multi.

I dunno how I forgot this, but Soltrio Solitaire is coming this Wednesday along with Aegis Wing.

Originally Posted by GSB
Soltrio Solitaire will be available worldwide – with the exception of Korea – for 800 Microsoft Points on Wednesday, May 16th, and is rated E for Everyone.

Here are some of the game features:

* Two-player multiplayer via system link or over Xbox LIVE
* Xbox LIVE Vision camera support, making multiplayer solitaire an engaging social experience
* In two-player mode, two games take place at the same time, and both players share the same foundation piles, prompting a fight over the piles in the race to win the game
* In co-op mode, players work together to attempt to finish the game with the best score possible, and players also have the ability to pass cards to each other
* Create new cards when you unlock card elements, show them off to your friends and customize your own decks!
* Earn up to 12 Achievements and 200 Gamerscore points
Gamerscore Blog

10 bucks for a gajillion kinds of Solitaire sounds like a horrible, horrible deal, since most of these are available free on every PC ON THE PLANET. Also multiplayer Solitaire = what. It also drops tomorrow, but I can't picture it being terribly popular. I guess we'll see.

Most amazing jew boots
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2007, 02:44 AM Local time: May 17, 2007, 03:44 PM #4 of 466
Fuck you guys.

I'm going to buy an Xbox 360 liek NEXT WEEK because of this.

And you need fucken online multi or some shit to buy a remake? Fuck you. It's a bloody single player game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2007, 03:37 AM Local time: May 17, 2007, 01:37 AM #5 of 466
I'm new to the XBL scene, so I'd like to say hi. Here's some of my input on some of these games (that my brother has purchased or gotten for free):

Aegis Wing: Not that great in my opinion but still pretty cool (because its free). One my major beefs is the lack of a powerup for your normal gun. The enemies are pretty lame. I don't like the overall slowness of this game (kinda feels like Jade Empire's minigame). It's cool though, because it's a shump...those are non-existent nowadays (in the US...Raiden III came out for PS2, but this has little relevance).

SotN on 360=<3, but freeze/crashes=.

Anyway, whenever Ikaruga comes out on XBLA (well, if it ever does), I'm totally gonna get it. Mainly for leaderboards.

Live Arcade is pretty cool. Hope to play some of you sometime.

I was speaking idiomatically.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2007, 07:59 AM #6 of 466
You get what you pay for with Aegis Wing. It's about on par with some freeware shooter you could get on the Internet. It's fun for a few minutes, but not enough variety or challenge to make it a lasting classic.

Worms is where it's at on XBLA. I really need to start playing more online.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2007, 09:50 AM Local time: May 17, 2007, 04:50 PM #7 of 466
You get what you pay for with Aegis Wing. It's about on par with some freeware shooter you could get on the Internet. It's fun for a few minutes, but not enough variety or challenge to make it a lasting classic.

Worms is where it's at on XBLA. I really need to start playing more online.
It looks like I'm not missing out on anything then. MS could have made that game available outside of the US, though...

FELIPE NO

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2007, 10:36 AM #8 of 466
I guess you can't set up a Silver account to download a free game?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2007, 01:03 PM Local time: May 17, 2007, 12:03 PM #9 of 466
The game isn't region locked or gold only. A Silver account would allow you to download it, yes.

And Aegis's singleplayer is lacking, but the multiplayer makes the game much better.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; May 17, 2007 at 01:22 PM.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2007, 02:13 PM #10 of 466
I'll have to get involved in a multiplayer match, then. It does seem like it would be more fun that way.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 03:28 PM Local time: May 21, 2007, 02:28 PM #11 of 466
More useless as hell retro shit no one cares about this week.

Originally Posted by GSB
Cold War Combat Heats Up as Rush ‘n Attack Arrives on Xbox LIVE Arcade This Week

A rescue mission to remember, “Rush ‘n Attack” is a heroic arcade action game, equipped with enhanced graphics, music, and sound effects. Fight through four stages of increasing difficulty to free prisoners of war using a trusty knife along with an array of other weapons from which to choose. Opt to rescue compatriots as a lone soldier, or form a united front with a friend utilizing Xbox LIVE’s multiplayer capabilities. “Rush ‘n Attack,” also known as “Green Beret,” will be available for download this Wednesday, May 23 at 2:00 a.m. PDT.

“Rush ‘n Attack” will be available worldwide for 400 Microsoft Points and is rated E10+.

Game Features

* Fight through 4 stages to free the prisoners of war
* Up to two players can play together locally or over Xbox LIVE in either Versus or Co-op mode
* Local multiplayer features split screen action with results captured on Leaderboards
* Players can chose to play with either the authentic, original graphics or with enhanced graphics which features fully rendered 3-D models
* All music and sound effects have been digitally enhanced

More information is available at http://www.xbox.com/games/livearcade.
anddddd....

Originally Posted by GSB
A Blast From the Past: “Xevious” Lands on Xbox LIVE Arcade This Wednesday

Did you run out of quarters the last time you played Xevious at the arcade? Don’t worry, because this Wednesday gamers will have a second chance to take down the nefarious supercomputer GAMP and defeat the Andor Genesis mother ship in “Xevious.” Newcomers to this arcade classic that helped pioneer the vertical scrolling shooter genre can also experience it for the first time on Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday, May 23 at 2:00 a.m. PDT.

“Xevious” will be available worldwide for 400 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone.

Game Features

Play the 100% arcade accurate reproduction of “Xevious” for the first time anywhere
Test your memory: uncover hidden bonuses that are scattered throughout the levels just like in the arcade version, where shots to the ground uncover power-ups like Sol towers and 1UPs
Compare your high score against other “Xevious” players from around the world on the Leaderboards
Earn up to 12 Achievements and 200 Gamerscore points

More information is available at http://www.xbox.com/games/livearcade.
So, Rush 'n Attack and Xevious. I guess these are slightly better retro game choices than MS. PAC-MAN but I'm getting sick of old stuff I either already own or have played to death already. I ain't personally spending 5 bucks on either of these.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 06:23 PM Local time: May 21, 2007, 06:23 PM #12 of 466
If they go retro, they need old school PC games like Hexen, heretic, wolfenstein, ultima, etc.

Most amazing jew boots
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 07:21 PM Local time: May 21, 2007, 06:21 PM #13 of 466
Doom was an excellent choice, both because the game is a timeless classic and because the deathmatch is still entertaining. I dunno if I could get behind Hexen as much, but retro PC titles would be a welcome change from the swarms of Namco and Konami arcade titles we see dominating the retro section of the marketplace.

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 09:15 PM Local time: May 21, 2007, 09:15 PM #14 of 466
If Rush 'n Attack were being released on Wii VC (the original NES version), then I'd be happy, but I've played the arcade version. It's as retarded as Contra was. Graphics didn't mean shit with bad gameplay and music. Sorry, Microsoft, you'll have to do better than that.

Of course, it has been a few years, and I may have forgotten how bad it was, so I'll just download the trial version and see if my evaluation is indeed accurate.

Xevious, I still never, and I mean NEVER got to play, even on Star Fox Assault (can't get all Silver medals, still). Frankly, I still love a good shmup, so I'm willing to try this out, since it has very high ratings among many people here.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 06:10 PM Local time: May 30, 2007, 05:10 PM #15 of 466
Originally Posted by GSB
Mad Tracks Coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade Tomorrow
posted Tuesday, May 29, 2007 9:02 AM by johnporcaro

3D racing party game Mad Tracks will be available for download beginning Wednesday, May 30, at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. Pacific Time).

From the media alert just posted:

Players can race through 15 challenges consisting of nine mini-games and six different races behind the wheel of one of 12 sleek compact cars. “Mad Tracks,” from Load Inc., features 12 power-ups to keep engines revved up and players in the fast lane ahead of the competition.

“Mad Tracks” will be available worldwide (with the exception of Korea) for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone.

Game Features

* 15 distinct challenges (6 races & 9 mini-games) provide a full-fledged racing game experience
* 12 stackable power-ups (rockets, freezer, oil drop, EMP and more!)
* 12 sleek looking cars to choose from
* 4 player multiplayer over Xbox LIVE and 4 player local multiplayer via split screen mode
* Championship mode & Arcade mode
* 2 free gamer pictures
I'm late, sorry. Anyway, yeah. Mad Tracks is up, and it's pretty fantastic. Some of the achievements are strange (play one track 20 times in a row. The fuck?), but the game itself is great fun.

FELIPE NO
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 06:58 PM #16 of 466
Whoops, posted in the wrong thread this morning. I plan to download Mad Tracks tonight, along with the new content for Worms that came out today. Much fun will be had by me.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2007, 05:08 PM Local time: May 31, 2007, 04:08 PM #17 of 466
Yeah, the worms content adds a fair number of new voice packs. 22, I think. The space level is also a nice change. A shame it didn't come with new background music though.

The more I play Mad Tracks, the more I like it. It's fantastic, and the multi we played last evening was HILARIOUS. Especially the bloody foosball. A shame that the demo alludes that the other race packs will be available in the game you purchase, but are actually DLC to be released at a later date. The wording is kinda funny, so this is just a warning to potential buyers. You only get the one content pack with your purchase. Not all three.

Also, some updates on the only game people should be really giving a shit about; Bomberman.

http://www.hudsonentertainment.com/g...d=75&console=1

Looks like this page will be updated weekly until the thing drops. Right now we've got levels and gimmicks, and a bit on the modes. It's also revealed that camera support will be in, so you can :meatspin: any assholes unfortunate to lose to you.

Y'know, they could charge 1200 points (15 USD if you live in the states) for this and I'd still buy it.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; May 31, 2007 at 05:14 PM.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2007, 07:25 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2007, 08:25 PM #18 of 466
Hey is Prince of Persia out yet? I need to know when to buy an Xbox 360! What about Ikaruga? I just gave my Gamecube copy to Hybrid Hunter.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2007, 01:54 PM #19 of 466
Rumor has it that Prince of Persia might be coming out next week, but I haven't heard anything about Ikaruga. This week we're stuck with an HD version of Pacman for $10. Wow.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2007, 02:16 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2007, 09:16 PM #20 of 466
Rumor has it that Prince of Persia might be coming out next week, but I haven't heard anything about Ikaruga. This week we're stuck with an HD version of Pacman for $10. Wow.
Yes, but it's NEW Pac-man. It should, according to MS, be gaming history, this!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2007, 02:29 PM #21 of 466
Yes, but it's NEW Pac-man. It should, according to MS, be gaming history, this!
For $5, maybe, but for $10 I expect multiplayer at the very least. Pac-man Vs., the "free" game on the Gamecube, was something I'd pay $10 for, but new Pac-man mazes I have to play by myself? No thanks.

SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2007, 06:31 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2007, 04:31 PM #22 of 466
The Ikaruga bit was a rumor. I'm not sure though, because I don't know if the source is super-credible or whatever.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=72965

It's pretty old, so take that with a grain of salt.

As of now, no Ikaruga, if there ever will be one.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2007, 11:10 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2007, 10:10 PM #23 of 466
If it's not Ikaruga, there's rumblings of an important shooter in the pipeline. We'll see if that turns up anything, though. We can only hope.

What no one mentioned so far is that the "other" piece of XBLA content this week was some update for Small Arms that adds achievement points. No one cares though since Small Arms is utter trash.

Next week is also rumoured to be Carcassonne. Unfortunately these things are hard to know for certain until very shortly before they drop. I don't give a shit about anything until Bomberman, though.

Most amazing jew boots
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2007, 03:42 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2007, 02:42 PM #24 of 466
Originally Posted by GSB
Prince of Persia Classic Coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade
posted Monday, June 11, 2007 9:01 AM by johnporcaro

It's official. Prince of Persia Classic will be available for download on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 beginning Wednesday, June 13, at 9 a.m. GMT (1 a.m. PDT).

From the media alert:

In Ubisoft’s “Prince of Persia Classic,” gamers take on the role of the prince as he embarks on a mission to rescue the princess before she has to wed the wicked Jaffar – all of which must be accomplished in under 60 minutes! Jumping across platforms and avoiding traps, the prince must collect bottles of potions to keep his power bar charged as he duels enemies on his way to the princess.

“Prince of Persia Classic” is available worldwide for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated T for Teen (Animated Blood and Violence).

* Enhanced character designs, animations and visuals
* New traps, puzzles and enemies to tackle further augment the classic experience
* 12 Achievements will be available – ranging from the simple (finding the sword in the first level) to the near impossible (finding all the potions in the game or finishing the game without dying!)
* The title will feature 3 different leaderboards:
o Normal Mode: Complete the game as fast as possible, which saves at the end of each level
o Time Attach Mode: Complete the game as fast as possible – but be prepared to start from the beginning if you fail to save the Princess in under 60 minutes
o Survival Mode: Complete the entire game in under 60 minutes – without dying
Again with the late. I'm horrible. Sorry. Anywho, yeah, it's official, it's out this week. I *should* care, but I find it hard to be impressed since it's not something I'd play through more than once or twice. Plus, it's not like I haven't played the classic PoP a million times over.

Bring on Bomberman.

RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2007, 12:40 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2007, 01:40 PM #25 of 466
JUNE THIRTEEN! Shit that's today! Shit shit shit. I promised myself no more game consoles until I clock ALL MY GAMES.

Quote:
Survival Mode: Complete the entire game in under 60 minutes – without dying
Oh man that's insane. I mean, level 6 and level 7 togethor in one go? Christ.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Official XBLA thread. Complain about the new price points but buy the garbage anyway!