Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] SHINKUUTETSUMAKISEMPUKYAKUU! - Marvel vs Capcom 3, now with more Iron Man

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2010, 08:48 AM #1 of 72
SHINKUUTETSUMAKISEMPUKYAKUU! - Marvel vs Capcom 3, now with more Iron Man

YouTube Video

Chris vs. Hulk is HILARIOUS

Next to nothing is known, supposedly there's an embargo up sometime later this morning. Supposedly PS3/360 and running on some version of the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom engine. Discuss why Capcom is awesome/sucks now.

Edit: Embargo up!:

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Will Be a "Living Comic" With A Deep Story - Marvel vs. capcom 3 - Kotaku

Quote:
It's been ten years since the characters of Marvel's comics and Capcom's video games faced off in a fighting title, so 2011's Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds can't come soon enough.

The title, which will likely feature more than 30 characters to choose from and feature 3-on-3 tag team fighting, hits the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 in spring 2011. There currently are no plans for an arcade, computer or Wii version of the title, Capcom tells Kotaku.

"I'm really excited to be here so that I can share this information with you today," Ryota Niitsuma, the game's producer, told a room of journalists gathered last week in Hawaii for the game's unveiling.

Like Capcom's popular Street Fighter IV, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will feature 3D characters fighting on a 2D plane, he said. The game won't, however, use the same sort of graphics found in Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV. Instead Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will run on an "advanced version" of MT Framework, the same engine that powers the graphics of Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5.

"Each version of MT Framework gets better than the previous version," Niitsuma said. "A lot of key staff are involved with this game and they wanted to use the engine they are more comfortable with."

Chris Baker, the manager of licensed games at Marvel Studios, said he was astounded to see the concept art for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and said that in action it's just as amazing, calling the title a "beautiful, beautiful game."

Baker pointed out that Wolverine's look in the game hearkens back to the classic look of the beloved character. Iron Man, on the other hand, fits his contemporary look and The Hulk has a new visual style.

The shaders used on each character, Capcom's Seth Killian said, are what really make all of the characters so visually distinct in motion. Even Capcom's Ryu, he pointed out, is brought out in a new way with the help of the shaders.

"You could see him sitting in a comic book frame," Killian said, "and maybe one day you will."

The game will also have an eclectic and robust mix of music, with at least 100 pieces including remixes of favorites from previous Marvel Vs. Capcom games as well as some new music.

"It's all about having a lot of content and things to go with this game," Niitsuma said. "We also want to make sure the music suits the type of game this is."

And the music needs to suit the characters as well, Baker added.

While news of a new version of Marvel Vs. Capcom was highly anticipated leading up to Capcom's annual event last week (Baker said it was one of the questions most often asked of him and the hardest secret he's had to keep since working at the comic company), the presentation was light on details about which characters would make the cut for the game.

The gameplay-free trailer shows that Wolverine, the Hulk, Iron Man, Street Fighter's Ryu, Darkstalker's Morrigan and Resident Evil's Chris Redfield will be in the game. It also hints at the appearance of Captain America, Super Skrull, Chun-Li, Deadpool, Felicia, Dante or Nero, Spencer or Wesker, Mephisto, Rad Spencer and Doctor Doom. The inclusion of Redfield in the game is indicative of the direction the game's developers are headed in terms of Capcom character selection, Killian said.

While the game could certainly support any number of characters, Niitsuma said that time constraints led the team to shoot for a bit more than 30 characters in the game.

While downloadable content for the game, most likely new characters, is certainly possible, no DLC plans have yet been locked in
, said Capcom's Seth Killian.

"There are a couple of different directions they're thinking about," he said.

And unlike previous Marvel Vs. Capcom games, this latest iteration will have a strong storyline.

"It's important that game's have strong stories for Marvel," Baker said. "With fighting games it's not as essential as an action game or role playing game but we are very much insisting there be some cohesive kind of story for this game.

"We actually have a subtitle for the game that means something this time. In the coming months we will be giving you more information about it."

Jam it back in, in the dark.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2010, 09:02 AM #2 of 72
AAAAHHH??!!! =DDDDDDDD

HEHEHE!! YESSSSSSSS

That game is going to be soooo sweeeeeeet. Even if it sucks, I'll love it. It can do no wrong.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:13 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2010, 07:13 AM #3 of 72
I've always enjoyed the MvC games. Hope this one doesn't disappoint.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:19 AM #4 of 72
So it appears to be the oft-rumored "in-between" the insanity of MvC 2, and the slightly more down to Earth TvC. There's apparently a lot of people saying this is developed internally at Capcom as opposed to Dimps (SFIV) and TvC (Eighting) as Capcom doesn't allow anyone outside the company to use MT Framework?

Also already people crying about no Wii version, loooooolin'

Edit: Also apparently Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 was announced at this event, and people already raging over that because you can now jump, I fucking love the internet

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:31 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2010, 09:31 AM 1 #5 of 72
Iron. Man. For. The. Win.

I was speaking idiomatically.

BlindMonk
A ride! Now that's a good idea!

Member 28143

Level 18.68

Feb 2008

Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:24 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2010, 12:24 PM #6 of 72
Oh. Dear. I, er... oh my.

edit: Far as I'm concerned, though, they could've taken any and all time devoted to this "deep storyline" and donated it to the Fuckton of Characters fund.

Most amazing jew boots
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2010, 01:18 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2010, 10:18 AM #7 of 72
Wesker would fit in perfectly. He already borrows moves from several Street Fighter characters in Mercenaries on RE5.

Like probably everyone else, I could give a damn about the storyline in a fighting game, but the amount of music they are touting is mildly exciting to me. I'd love to see character themes like in MvC1 make a comeback. Also, I hope they can work out different costumes for the characters, ie. Symbiote Spider-Man, Wesker's S.T.A.R.S. uniform or Code: Veronica outfit, etc.

If they did do alternate costumes, I think it'd be pretty amusing if one for Morrigan would be her old sprite, in keeping with Capcom's tradition of using the same sprite for Morrigan in every game she's ever been in.

FELIPE NO
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:22 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2010, 03:22 PM #8 of 72
Hm, I guess this means MvC3's OST will have more than one song on it?

I'm already psyched!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:32 PM #9 of 72
I'm just curious at this point, now that Chris is in this game, if they're gonna keep Jill as well. It would honestly be pretty silly to remove her when they finally added another character in from her series.

Plus, from what I've seen, her character was pretty well recieved in MvC2.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 05:00 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2010, 03:00 AM #10 of 72
lol MvC3 having a deep story.

Other than that, probably introduce Dante from DMC? Don't see this happening though.

But yeah, keeping tabs on this as it goes along.

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:11 AM #11 of 72
Hm, I guess this means MvC3's OST will have more than one song on it?

I'm already psyched!
It'll just be remixes of "Gonna Take You For a Ride"

Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:42 AM #12 of 72
I'd love to see character themes like in MvC1 make a comeback.
Also in this vein: bring back special intro animations for certain face-offs (i.e. Wolverine vs. Sabertooth, Ryu vs. Sagat).

Quote:
Also, I hope they can work out different costumes for the characters, ie. Symbiote Spider-Man, Wesker's S.T.A.R.S. uniform or Code: Veronica outfit, etc.
Yes, please. Alternate color schemes are well and good (Blazblue, as I recall, has at least 8-10 for each character), but different (unlockable?) outfits are always welcome. Customization similar to what's promised for Lost Planet 2 wouldn't be turned away, either.

Quote:
If they did do alternate costumes, I think it'd be pretty amusing if one for Morrigan would be her old sprite, in keeping with Capcom's tradition of using the same sprite for Morrigan in every game she's ever been in.
That'd be an amusing nod, but the old sprite never really fit in the newer games. On a related note, I wonder if there's any official info on how tall Rock/Megaman, Roll, etc. are supposed to be - they always seemed too small in MvC2.

Lastly, some characters who I think should be considered for (eventual) inclusion on the roster:
  • Protoman (if Megaman appears);
  • the two leads (their names escape me at present) from Namco X Capcom (whose lack of a Stateside incarnation really has no excuse in my opinion);
  • Bass (maybe w/Treble; again, conditional on appearance of Blue Bomber);
  • Charlie/Nash (and Shadow variant; just for fun really);
  • Carnage (especially if Venom shows up);
  • Longshot (why not?);
  • Deadpool (I can see the special intro for him and Spidey - the two engage in a brief duel of quips)

White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 09:29 AM #13 of 72
I am waiting for this game to jump the shark with the announcement of the inclusion of Viewtiful Joe.

Watch. It'll freakin' happen.

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:28 AM Local time: Apr 22, 2010, 01:58 AM #14 of 72
I don't understand. Viewtiful Joe is awesome, and he's a pretty decent character in TvC too, I can't really see a downside if he was included in this.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:41 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2010, 10:41 AM #15 of 72
Pretty much he means that once Joe is included in the game, that the series will start to go downhill from there because you can't get anymore awesome from anything after Joe is included in it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:00 AM #16 of 72
So are they going to mess with the tag-team fighting hit boxing much or do you think they might go with some sort of weird smash bros story stuff? A mixture? I know not much of the gameplay has been revealed but any takers that they're going to depart from the formula of shit ton of characters tag teaming it if they only have 30 characters in the initial selection?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 01:33 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2010, 10:33 AM #17 of 72
Deadpool (I can see the special intro for him and Spidey - the two engage in a brief duel of quips)
I think Deadpool was pretty much confirmed by the promo art, along with some obvious ones like Chun-Li, Captain America and Felicia.

At the bottom left, next to Chun-Li. If that's not Deadpool with one of his swords on his back, I'll be amazed.

I think he'd fit in nicely.

How ya doing, buddy?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 21, 2010, 01:51 PM #18 of 72
Pretty much he means that once Joe is included in the game, that the series will start to go downhill from there because you can't get anymore awesome from anything after Joe is included in it.
No, I mean that in the grand scheme of Capcom characters that could be included, Viewtiful Joe is pretty shit.

Some characters I scratched my head at, like Sonson, Shuma Gorath, Tron Bonne and Ruby Heart, but they turned out to be playable, mostly.

In my opinion, MVC3 absolutely needs Jon Talbain and Dr. Wily. On the Marvel side, I'd love to see Ghost Rider and Kitty Pryde.

Yes, Kitty Pryde. Bitch knows some pretty tight martial arts skills, can walk right through projectiles and opponents, can walk on air, and even carries the Soulsword. Tell me that wouldn't be a pretty cool mix of moves for a character. She'd even have a special tag-in combo with Wolverine. It'd be awesome and you know it.

And Ghost Rider speaks for himself.

evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:22 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2010, 04:22 PM #19 of 72
If it doesn't have Strider and Jin Saotome, I won't bother playing it.

Detection

Member 16824

Level 14.04

Dec 2006

Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:29 AM #20 of 72

So now that Disney owns Marvel there's no excuse to not include characters from all those games Capcom made. DO IT OR NO SALE, CAPCOM

Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2010, 07:22 PM #21 of 72
If it doesn't have Strider...
In fact, if they're going to bring back Strider Hiryu I'd like to see them go for a three-fer and bring in Strider Hien (from Strider 2 and Namco X Capcom) and (since Iron Man and - probably - War Machine are here too) the Boba Fett-analogue Solo.

White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2010, 07:22 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2010, 01:22 PM 1 #22 of 72
Or they may as well use GhoStrider. Two characters in one slot!

How ya doing, buddy?
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2010, 10:34 AM #23 of 72
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2010, 05:20 AM #24 of 72
TGS 2010: Spider-Man, Wesker spin onto Marvel vs Capcom 3 - News

unf, fuck yeah. Game of the Year.

Fake edit: There's obviously no bias in this statement since my favorite villain is in the game.

How ya doing, buddy?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:40 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2010, 07:40 AM #25 of 72
I hope they can work out different costumes for the characters, ie. Symbiote Spider-Man...
I guess someone at Capcom was reading this, because it seems there's alternate costumes. Spider-Man apparently has at least three; Symbiote Suit, Iron Spider, and one other one I'm not sure of.

Oh, yeah, Spencer from Bionic Commando is in it, along with Arthur from Ghosts n Goblins. Arthur starts out with armor and loses it after taking a certain amount of damage.

Hopefully they'll add Spencer's original costume. I didn't much care for the new, dreadlocked design. Some gameplay videos here for both of them.

Shortly after Spencer and Arthur were revealed, Magneto and M.O.D.O.K. were announced.

Tags
curly mustache, fuck the knicks, mango sentinel, pringles, scoops häagen dazs, take you for a ride

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] SHINKUUTETSUMAKISEMPUKYAKUU! - Marvel vs Capcom 3, now with more Iron Man