Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Amusing] I have a broken controller because...

Zakiller2000
You have an ace up your sleeve? He has the whole deck.

Member 16523

Level 10.26

Dec 2006

Old Oct 8, 2008, 02:58 PM #26 of 46
Never threw a controller, but if I get frustrated, I just wind up punching myself in the thigh or just swearing/muttering under my breath.

My N64 controller sticks wore out by normal use, by games that everyone else has said: Mario Party, etc. Seriously, those sticks never lasted too long. -.-

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Pyroblight Yue
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 31910

Level 1.60

Oct 2008

Old Oct 8, 2008, 03:23 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2008, 03:23 PM #27 of 46
Hmm...I've had many blow up moments, but controllers I've not broken. Mario Party has caused much frustration, as have other games. Most lead to busted containers and other household things, but never a broken controller, strangely. I've mellowed out a bit, though, so yelling hasn't happened in a while...

Additional Spam:
I get frustrated when I play video games, yes; this much I'll admit. But I have never willingly broken a controller in rage resulting from a failure in a game. There is, however, one time when I did blow up during a game but, in my defense, I was having a bad acid trip.

I took LSD at a rave back in 1997 and I was having horrible hallucinations. I eventually ended up being carried to my friend's Ralph's car to be driven to his house. By the time I was on the comedown I wasn't hallucinating as badly but I was still in a somewhat panicked state. We got to his house, I threw up outside and was dumped on the living room couch. I didn't sleep but I don't remember any of what happened next. Apparently the boys started playing Super Mario Kart on the SNES and I wanted to play. So I started playing and the track we raced on was one of the Chocolate Plains tracks where the Monty Moles jump out of the ground and stick to the front of your kart. Apparently this REALLY FUCKING SURPRISED ME and I reportedly panicked that the mole was going to eat me and started yelling for him to get the fuck off my kart. I was told I threw the controller at the television breaking it and I rolled myself into a ball to cry myself to sleep.

I never did LSD ever again.
...woah. Staying the hell away from those drugs.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Pyroblight Yue; Oct 8, 2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
MuppeTFuckeR
Chocobo

Member 4359

Level 9.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2008, 06:43 PM #28 of 46
Most of the time, these water levels start out easy. You'll go through them like nothing and forget about them (like you should)...but somewhere, somewhere in that game, there's a bitch of a water level just waiting to take you and destroy your clear minded conscience and turn you into a person that will rip apart anyone that bothers you while trying to complete 'whichever' level it is.
.....I don't have smart ass thing to say here
..god damn water levels!!!
I never beat that game because of that level, it was a pain (if went back to it now I probably could..)

I get frustrated when I play video games, yes; this much I'll admit. But I have never willingly broken a controller in rage resulting from a failure in a game. There is, however, one time when I did blow up during a game but, in my defense, I was having a bad acid trip.

I took LSD at a rave back in 1997 and I was having horrible hallucinations. I eventually ended up being carried to my friend's Ralph's car to be driven to his house. By the time I was on the comedown I wasn't hallucinating as badly but I was still in a somewhat panicked state. We got to his house, I threw up outside and was dumped on the living room couch. I didn't sleep but I don't remember any of what happened next. Apparently the boys started playing Super Mario Kart on the SNES and I wanted to play. So I started playing and the track we raced on was one of the Chocolate Plains tracks where the Monty Moles jump out of the ground and stick to the front of your kart. Apparently this REALLY FUCKING SURPRISED ME and I reportedly panicked that the mole was going to eat me and started yelling for him to get the fuck off my kart. I was told I threw the controller at the television breaking it and I rolled myself into a ball to cry myself to sleep.

I never did LSD ever again.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2008, 07:09 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2008, 06:09 PM 2 #29 of 46
I don't see why someone thought swimming through a level would be fun.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2008, 09:42 PM Local time: Oct 17, 2008, 07:42 PM #30 of 46
I had been meaning to post this weeks ago but I couldn't remember what it was called. Someone recently reminded me the kid in the video goes by:

CROYT

Tell you what, player. You stick to fisting puppets and I'll stick to my drugs, K?

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Paco; Oct 17, 2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2008, 12:49 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2008, 06:49 PM #31 of 46
I had been meaning to post this weeks ago but I couldn't remember what it was called. Someone recently reminded me the kid in the video goes by:

CROYT
What a monumental faggot. That has to be staged right?

FELIPE NO
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Oct 19, 2008, 02:05 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2008, 03:35 AM #32 of 46
I can't recall any time that I've ever thrown a controller out of pure frustration except for one time all due to a certain family member.

Me and younger brother use to have people over all the time to play SNES with and one of the games we had at the time was TMNT IV: Turtles In Time. A lot of times we could play the two player arcade mode but there were also other times in which we played the two player battle mode. One of the times we had a large group of our friends over and were playing the two player battle mode. Our younger sister wanted to play, we said sure just to be nice but after a few matches we shouldn't of been so nice to her. She was kicking everybody's ass. Nobody could beat her and eventually I get fed up. I'm going to beat you. I took this match very seriously. I ended up losing very quickly I might add. So therefore I ended up taking the SNES controller and threw it at her and stormed out of the room.

More often than not I usually end up swearing obsenities at the screen and inventing brand new curse words to satisfy my frustration. That definetely happened when I fought Metal Gear Rex in Metal Gear Solid. I use to do so well and a lot of times I'd almost have him beat and I'd only have a little bit of energy left but before I got the last missle launched he'd kill me at least a dozen times before I finally killed him.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
dbzwish
Wark!

Member 33449

Level 2.74

Apr 2009

Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:19 AM #33 of 46
for me

Game: Star Wars:The Force Unleashed (ps2)

Reason: had to hit random buttons just to beat the emporer

More Detail: i spent an hour trying to hit all the random buttons, i wish you could just beat the crap out of the jerk but NO you got to push the damn buttons successfully just to beat that boss

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:43 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2009, 03:43 PM #34 of 46
I have never, ever, resorted to anything quite so childishly fucktarded as chucking a controller out of frustration and I don't understand people who do this. Seriously, do you people handle your rage like this in other situations, too? Do you furiously hurl your power tools against the garage floor when you realise your circular saw is dulled? Do you wail and grind your teeth against your credit card when it's maxed out? Get a goddamn grip on reality.
I second that. I can't believe some of the people who have said they've thrown printers and controllers all over the place. Don't you feel embarrassed that you've ruined a perfectly good piece of hardware (or a perfectly good wall) because of a game?

I'm pretty chilled out with games, the most I'll do is yell a good ol "Son of a bitch!" pretty loud if something is particularly frustrating. I remember when I was younger the button mashing bits in MGS got me pretty pissed off. Anything involving button mashing that is essential to progress tends to get me pissed off...I don't have the dexterity for that shit.

The most recent moment I can remember getting frustrated was Valkyria Chronicles. Some of the missions were ridiculously hard (I thought). In fact...I'm still stuck on one. Dammit. Oh welly.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2009, 06:46 AM Local time: Apr 16, 2009, 11:46 AM #35 of 46
More Detail: i spent an hour trying to hit all the random buttons, i wish you could just beat the crap out of the jerk but NO you got to push the damn buttons successfully just to beat that boss
I don't know if this is inspired sarcasm of the ramblings of an idiot. I'm leaning towards the latter.

In response to Krel and Timberwolf's points, what I would say is that I have got so annoyed a few times that I've thrown a controller I've only ever done so in a way that wouldn't damage the controller (essentially throwing onto my bed and into my pillows). Typically though I'll just vent frustration by shouting at something, probably my TV where gaming-related rage is concerned.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Terra
Imp

Member 26

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2009, 08:22 AM Local time: Apr 16, 2009, 02:22 PM #36 of 46
I was playing Puzzle Quest: Galactrix on my DS, and, as usual, I was hacking my way through jumpgates to get to my mission goal.

In this minigame, you need to match different color gems in a specific order, racing against a time limit - and you need to do it constantly, as the game area is huge, and it's required to advance through the story. As you might have guessed, this compulsory shitfest requires quick thinking, good reflexes, patience, and luck. I had none of those.

In this particular torture session, after about 15 tries, I expressed my distaste for the game by grabbing my stylus, and breaking it in half. Thankfully I was sane enough not to focus my rage on the console itself.

Needless to say, I haven't touched Galactrix ever since.

How ya doing, buddy?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 16, 2009, 08:26 AM 5 #37 of 46
I beat Battletoads and spiked my NES controller in celebration.

Good thing I had six more.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2009, 08:36 AM #38 of 46
Ya'll some bitches. All this "I'VE NEVER DONE IT BEFORE." DO IT ONCE FAGGOT.

I got everyone beat though. I do recall breaking a Nintendo DS several years ago. The sequence of events are hazy but I'm pretty sure it involved attempting a perfect Fire Emblem run on hard and a wall.

Apparently the only Nintendium they had left was saved for Wii Remotes which are 100% invincible. The upside was I got to replace my DS Mo0 with a DS Devo, which was quite an improvement. Can't say I've ever thrown or broken any controllers though.

Also Crash that is the most awesome thing ever.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

#654: Braixen
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2009, 01:46 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2009, 07:46 AM #39 of 46
I second that. I can't believe some of the people who have said they've thrown printers and controllers all over the place. Don't you feel embarrassed that you've ruined a perfectly good piece of hardware (or a perfectly good wall) because of a game?
Really it is a kaleidoscope of emotions including anger, disappointment, quiescence, and yes embarrassment - but never embarrassment more than the others.

FELIPE NO
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2009, 05:04 AM #40 of 46
I beat Battletoads and spiked my NES controller in celebration.

Good thing I had six more.
Liar.

No one has ever beaten Battletoads.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Apr 18, 2009, 06:02 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2009, 06:02 AM #41 of 46
N64 aside, my main console controllers are in great shape. Nintendo, snes, genesis- all playable. I've played the shit out of them for nearly 20 years if not more. They still work fine. This is amazing considering how pissed off I used to get with video games... Ninja Gaiden was my nemesis. I don't remember throwing the controller. I think I would just punch inanimate objects. Maybe go outside with my bro and twirl him around like a helicopter into a suplex.

Fuggit

Anyways, I recently bought a Logitech dual analog controller for my computer. I started noticing huge operational lags and times where the controller simply would cut out. I might as well have been playing Super Castlevania IV with a pork chop.

Anyways, the controller lasted 2 months and now it doesn't work at all. Surprisingly, I was far from pleased. They said they'd replace it free of charge but screw it. I am not holding a second controller to any standard higher than the dreaded 'pork chop' standard.

I now call this company Logiturd, btw.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Giby
Wark!

Member 878

Level 1.10

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2009, 07:58 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2009, 05:58 AM #42 of 46
Street Fighter 4. I ended up breaking 2 of my 360 controls in 3 days because the damn thing wouldn't register my inputs. I put off buying a stick for ages, so I ended up buying one because of this, and no control pad has died since

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2009, 08:23 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2009, 08:23 AM 1 #43 of 46
Dahaha ='D How did I miss this thread.

My older brother was a fucking ATOMIC BOMB as a kid. He would flip his shit about the slightest thing. Funny think is that now you'd really have to try pretty fuckin' hard to get him angry.

Skip back to SNES gaming days. We both started playing with the NES, which was fun. He was playing Lufia, and I watched. Typically, I'd just watch on RPGs. Lufia 1 had a bit of a difficulty curve. Work your ass off to get to a level to survive a brutal boss fight. Well, you got to this town after sailing across 'da ocean and got there at, say, level 8-9. The next boss needed you to be at level 15. LEVEL 15. This doesn't sound like much, but you'd have to grind for fucking hours to hit that level. Well, my brother did that. He got upstairs, fought the boss, and won (barely). The game then froze. No matter. He resetted and guess what? The save game data was fucking GONE.

We were sitting near his bed, which had a metal frame, and he had a fancy turbo-speed controller which was encased in a clear shell (to see its guts o'course). He threw that thing as hard as he could to its left and broke it right the fuck open on one side by having it go right in to the metal bed-frame. My immediate response was "DUDE. " because it was my controller

Skip ahead a few months, and some other game (can't recall) pissed him off. He threw it, it hit the EXACT SAME SPOT, once again on the metal frame. The controller got brain-damaged and suddenly thought to always turbo-tap the R-button and hold the left button on the D-pad down. Boo.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Chen
Posting in the speed of sound!

Member 33479

Level 4.40

Apr 2009

Old Apr 18, 2009, 09:49 AM #44 of 46
Well i haven't "broke" one , but i did rage over a video game.
I have raged a lot but the last one I can recall is in cave story.
trying to beat hell . at first i had a hard time and ragequitted , after thet i tried again , got to Ballos Final form wich is the easiest form , but then making a foolish mistake , i died.
also , fighting aginst scrubs in Street fighter IV.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:55 AM #45 of 46
While I never broke a controller, I did have a bad habit of flipping it in the air out of disgust for some cheap nonsense the game pulled. This was especially evident with two NES games - the first Ninja Turtles game (which I still have never beat) and NARC.

I'm currently trying to finish Medal Of Honor Airborne on its hardest setting. The end of the second to last mission has two Super Nazi soldiers and I only seem to have enough grenades to kill *one*. I think I'm going to smash the controller in joy if I fucking beat that.

Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2009, 09:07 PM Local time: Apr 18, 2009, 06:07 PM #46 of 46
I've nerdraged once before. Anyone who thinks that there's no excuse has never felt the deep despair of Diddy Kong Racing. You don't know what I went through. You don't know how close I came over so many attempts. The launch pulled the entire system off the stand it was situated on. Fortunately, my N64 was okay but the controller's analog was stuck in an up/left position.

I've definitely grown up since. Now I favor shouting obscenities over physically lashing out. Like a normal person.

In a related story (no violence involved), once my mom got super pissed at me when I accidentally saved over her Phantasy Star 4 game. It wasn't too funny for me at the time, but looking back on it I have to appreciate the complete oddity of a then 45 year old mother of four going apeshit over a Genesis game.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Amusing] I have a broken controller because...