Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Raw Danger (sequel to Disaster Report)

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 06:13 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 09:13 PM #1 of 4
Raw Danger (sequel to Disaster Report)

I don't think they picked a shitty enough name for this! But FINALLY, HOLY CRAP. Some of you probably know the original (called SOS The Final Escape for PAL universes) was and still is my favorite game on the PS2. I mention it in like every single post no matter what thread.

"President's car just got stood on by elephants!"
"SOS The Final Escape!"
"No no, wait what, it's okay, he got out in time"
""

Quote:
http://au.gamespot.com/ps2/action/ra...s&subj=6163040
Currently scheduled for release in February, Raw Danger is the sequel to 2003's Disaster Report, in which you assumed the role of a newspaper reporter attempting to rescue survivors in a city that has been torn apart by an earthquake. The premise of Raw Danger is similar in so much as you'll be attempting to survive and make yourself useful in the wake of a natural disaster. But on this occasion, it's a flood that you'll have to overcome, and you'll get to do so walking in the presumably quite-moist shoes of at least six playable characters.
Six playable characters? Perhaps Sonic Team is the developer this time around!

Quote:
The first gameplay sequence that we got to see was taken from the beginning of the game, at which time you'll be playing as a college senior named Joshua Harwell who's working as a waiter in a banquet hall. The hall has already become flooded when the game gets underway, and while you're trying to escape, you'll have the option to assist one of your fellow students (and a potential love interest) to safety. One of the most interesting gameplay mechanics that we got to see in play was the way that you'll slow down (and ultimately die, presumably) as you get cold and/or wet, which happens at an accelerated rate if you're walking around in wet clothes. There are various ways to combat your dropping body temperature, including standing close to heaters, changing into dry and warmer clothing that you find, and eating warm food for a buff effect.

Escaping from the banquet hall required some well-timed movements on Joshua's part as he overcame fast-moving water, narrow ledges, a loose fixture that was swinging close to head height, and other hazards. After making it out of the banquet hall safely, you'll be afforded some degree of freedom to explore the flooded city. During our demo, we witnessed Joshua finding and putting to good use a jet ski, but since we weren't allowed anywhere near the controller on this occasion, we can't comment on its handling. We can tell you that the jet ski was used in an impressive set piece, though, in which Joshua had to race across a flooded bridge before it was completely destroyed by a tidal wave. Other vehicles in the game will include a number of different rafts and a taxi cab.

The taxi is one of several vehicles that you'll get to commandeer.

After playing through Joshua's story, you'll have opportunities to play through those of other characters, and one of Raw Danger's most interesting features is undoubtedly the way that your actions in one storyline can affect any that you play through subsequently. The most basic way that this is implemented is through a non-player character that you're able to give items to so he can hold onto them until later, when you, or another of your characters, might need them. There are plenty of other, far less obvious situations in which the actions of one character will affect another, and it's unlikely that you'll spot most of them on your first play-through until it's too late. When playing as Joshua, for example, a policeman will ask you if you've seen another of the game's playable characters--an escaped prisoner. Without giving away too much, your response to that question has the potential to make things easier for you in the short term, but more difficult for another character later on.

I HAVE THE COOLEST RAINCOAT IN TOWN, OUT OF THE WAY, BANANA MAN IS HERE

OHH NOOO IF ONLY I STILL HAD MY RAINCOOOOAT

Time to make some caaraaazy money

Haha his chef hat looks like a tiny trash can

If it's anything like the first, the frame rate will be even worse than the graphics. But it doesn't matter. ;__; The first game had so many moments of dislocating jaw power, I can't wait to see what kind of crazy situations they throw you into here. I just wonder how they're going to handle the whole 'need to find heat to survive' thing. The original had you on a constant quest to drink water, and it was very easy and ultimately pointless as nearly every screen had a tap or something. No word on a PAL version, but internet rumours on the internet say 505 GameStreet have picked it up which might lead to disaster on a whole new level!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 06:58 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 02:58 PM #2 of 4
God, I wonder if they'll rape with another bad dub. Why can't publishers just be lazy and NOT BOTHER ;_;

Otherwise having read Edge's review for the Japanese release, it looked stupidly promising. I especially like that water/cold system, with you needing to get warm around burning barrels like a homeless person. Awesome!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

randomwab
Aquila Jama 'oca

Member 494

Level 14.66

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 08:22 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 01:22 PM #3 of 4
I played through the Japanese release a few months ago. It was really great. Alot of the same problems as the first, but it added to its general epicness. BAD FRAMERATE IS JUST SLOW MO AWESOME!

They also handled the six scenarios well, there is the main game where you play as the waiter, then when you complete that you unlock another scenario and so on. These unlocked pieces are only 1-2 hours, but they seemed to tie up alot of what would be story loose ends.

Looking forward to an English release to see just what the hell they were talking about....and blonde again ;_;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Welcome to Silent Hill
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 06:27 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 09:27 PM #4 of 4
Bumping for fun, profit, action, content, Megaman level of bad box art and so forth. 505 did indeed pick this one up! The Euro release is set for the 11th of May, but it'll probably get pushed back in classic confusing fashion. No set date for America as far as I can tell, because it sure as hell didn't make its initial February release!

Augh! What the hell is tha-AUGH! So much wrong!

That looks threatening! Wait wait, so it's rated M in America but 7+ in Europe? Ratings strike again!

This is at the beginning of the game, before everyone starts getting all wet at the sexy party.

Oh no someone left the taps going.

This game has very good graphics.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Raw Danger (sequel to Disaster Report)