Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] SHINKUUTETSUMAKISEMPUKYAKUU! - Marvel vs Capcom 3, now with more Iron Man

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:48 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2011, 09:48 AM #51 of 72
Phoenix is a glass cannon I've figured out, since she can also resurrect as 'Dark' Phoenix using a Super. I seriously hate her though, because the AI in the Arcade mode LOVES to spam her moves like there's no tomorrow, she gave me as much trouble as the second to last fight of Wesker & Doom. Plus Zero is kind of the same: Powerful offense, but weak shielding.

So far I've been doing pretty well with Dante (lol), Zero, Haggar (Much to my own surprise) and X-23. Despite being one of my favorite characters, I just can't click with Spider-Man like I could in the last game, its like they made his rotation more obtuse or something.

Now I just need to get some sort of Arcade Stick or at least better then default controller

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:57 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2011, 10:57 AM #52 of 72
Also, why is pheonix so fucking weak! I fought someone who had her as the first fighter, one Zero combo later, she's dead. ONE!
When she turns into Dark Phoenix you will instantly die, assuming the player is good, unless you are able to hit her with some type of super armored attack. Or something.

As far as Sentinel shit goes, some of the top ranked players on PS3 and 360 use Sentinel in their team, just spamming spit all day long with Doom's missiles assist. 90% of the players they fight can't get around it anyway because by searching for Any Rank they will fight people who have never played a match or people who do the same strategies that they do. I was looking for streams and I saw a guy do nothing but ranked from 0-0 to 446-62 in like, three days just using Sent/Doom/Random. He went from no rank to like.. 4th or 3rd highest rank on 360. Whenever he lost he would block and report the person for cheating. Apparently Hsien-ko is some cheap super saiyan goku shit.

My hands need a rest from the game for a little bit, I got everything but 320 missions (not that hard for most of the cast but I'm just lazy) and the other two ranked related trophies.

I'm waiting for my guide to come in so I can use it to help decide on a team. All the offline grinding I did helped me pick a main but I don't want to lame out with the assists. Though for the most part I can do Random All and have fun with it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Lacerta; Feb 21, 2011 at 12:00 PM.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2011, 01:19 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2011, 01:19 PM #53 of 72
Played a dozen games online, every team has Dante Sentinel and Deadpool.

It kinda sickens me that LAST MONTH a vote was taken at GameStop and Deadpool was voted the "number one all time favorite MvC character" when he wasn't even in a fucking game yet.

My old team is out, so right now I'm feeling a little cheaty but secure using Thor, Dormammu, and Dr. Doom.

Dormammu is the best character that nobody is using. Try his back-ult and see how much damage it tears through. He's got that black hole which is almost instant cast and otherwise he sorta reminds me of my old Captain Commando.

Playing on PS3.

I was speaking idiomatically.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2011, 03:19 PM #54 of 72
Now I just need to get some sort of Arcade Stick or at least better then default controller
Go to your nearest Best Buy and look for this $30 Tekken 6 Limited Edition bundle. You get the game plus a really good wireless stick, originally $150, for $30.

I need to go to Best Buy and get a price adjustment, I just picked this up for $60 last week.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:24 PM #55 of 72
I saw that stick deal on CAG a little while ago, was going to bite (my llocal store supposedly has it but that's been wrong before) but I think I may pass now. That's a crazy deal for a stick though, even if it's not top tier.

How ya doing, buddy?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:44 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2011, 04:44 PM #56 of 72
A much better choice, especially if you screw around Mission Mode. Tried with default and was cramping all around.

I switched Thor with X-23, but still have Dante and Wolvie. I'll modify it more since X and Wolvie and pretty much similar. My second team comprises of She-Hulk, Super-Skrull and probably X-23.

Still experimenting with characters, yeah.

Also Phoenix indeed a glass cannon, esp. when she turns into Dark Phoenix. Gotta rack up the hits so she can use Healing Shield though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:05 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2011, 05:05 PM #57 of 72
It WOULD have to be Best Buy that has the deal.

So since the Arcade Stick is unavailable for shipping online I had to call about 3-4 different stores to see if they had the item in stock, as the rest of the Best Buys in this state didn't even have it. Finally found one that has 3 (!) way across town =\

Fuck, even with a deal that store manages to piss me off

--Edit--
Okay so mission successful, 32 bucks and change after Tax. Thanks for the tip !

--Edit 2--
The Stick's buttons feel solid, although the stick itself is a bit looser, so some of those missions still evade me. In addition to the game the box also came with a nice Artbook.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Dark Nation; Feb 22, 2011 at 01:02 AM.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:44 PM #58 of 72
Went out of my way to hit Best Buy, of course they don't have it, figures. Not a big deal, but a wasted trip.

How ya doing, buddy?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2011, 03:16 PM Local time: Feb 22, 2011, 02:16 PM #59 of 72
I'd bite for that price. In Canada it's up for 50 on BB's website but similarly sold out everywhere. Both stores in Winnipeg are listed as fuck all. Figures.

Managed to find the SE locally at a fucking Blockbuster, of all places. Walmart didn't get any, Futureshop totally got fucked over, EB got a couple but sold out....and yet Blockbuster had several behind the glass. Go figure.

How ya doing, buddy?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2011, 03:34 PM #60 of 72
Because nobody goes to Blockbuster.

#654: Braixen
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2011, 03:37 PM Local time: Feb 22, 2011, 02:37 PM #61 of 72
Indeed.

How they aren't bankrupt in this country blows my mind a little bit.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2011, 04:42 PM #62 of 72
Glad that you found one, I actually looked for one last night while I was out for you but didn't see any.

Most amazing jew boots
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2011, 07:39 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2011, 06:39 PM #63 of 72
Yeah, the matchmaking is complete garbage, it's embarrassing. After 6 failed searches in a row you get paired with some laggy sentinel spam. Haven't had this much trouble connecting to a match since the original Call of Menu. Awesome, I guess?

Otherwise the game is not bad.

Most amazing jew boots
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:37 PM #64 of 72
I already mentioned this, but turn Fight Request on in either Arcade or Training (which I didn't realize you could do in Training at first). You can even specify if you want Player Match or Ranked Matches. Sometimes I don't seem to get anything, but most of the time I'll get a match within a minute. Except for one time where a match lagged out I really haven't had any lag at all in matches. The connecting to matches/players in the first place through the normal menu is dogshit, which makes it all the more weird that in-match it seems to be fine for most people, and Fight Request works with no issues.

They've already said that they're working on a patch, but at this point I'd almost rather have these workarounds and have Spectator mode put in more than anything. Or at least allow multiple fights to be occurring in the same lobby, or something.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:03 PM Local time: Feb 24, 2011, 10:03 AM #65 of 72
Because nobody goes to Blockbuster.
Funny story about that. I used to live on the far west side of town (as opposed to the northwest side now) and there was a Blockbuster a mile up from my place. Me and my brother went there frequently for game rentals and the occasional movie too. One time we were short about 15 cents or so and the asshat who was working the shift wouldn't cut us any slack. Subsequently, we went to Hollywood Video after that even though it was farther away... which is also out of business now

As the stick itself goes, I also justified the purchase because I have multiple games with which to use it with (Tekken 6, BlazBlue, MVC2 on Live Arcade, and this game-- thought about picking up Soul Calibur 4 sometime, but meh).

Haven't actually been able to use it much since I got it, due to some house cleanup, but it performs pretty well so far. Got me a bit farther on the character missions at the very least. You guys up for some matches later instead of the random search bullshit?

Most amazing jew boots
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:12 PM Local time: Feb 24, 2011, 11:12 AM #66 of 72
So one of my students bought this and brought it in yesterday. Basically, we're fucking HOOKED. I'm buying this game as soon as I get paid next week.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2011, 05:09 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2011, 04:09 PM #67 of 72
Well, that's fabulous. I just lost 14 matches in a row because the game seems to think "search for same rank" means "find people who are 10 ranks ahead of you with 180-8 records" to fight against. Wish that was an exaggeration.

I didn't get anyone who was less than 4th Lord for the hour I was spending playing Ranked. This was through fight request, since regular search doesn't find shit, still.

Now I know what it's like to be Mo0.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Feb 25, 2011, 05:20 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2011, 12:20 AM 1 #68 of 72
You ate your fridge empty while waiting for the match to connect?

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2011, 05:47 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2011, 04:47 PM #69 of 72
No.

I ate the actual fridge.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:01 AM #70 of 72
Before anyone gets excited, the title update today apparently just adds the hooks in-game for the upcoming Shadow Mode DLC that no one cares about and is ridiculous that they're going to charge for anywhere.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:16 AM Local time: Feb 25, 2011, 10:16 PM #71 of 72
Neat-sounding Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Shadow mode detailed- Destructoid

I'm guessing this is Training-For-Tournament-Players under a snappier name.

How ya doing, buddy?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:31 AM #72 of 72
Well, that's fabulous. I just lost 14 matches in a row because the game seems to think "search for same rank" means "find people who are 10 ranks ahead of you with 180-8 records" to fight against. Wish that was an exaggeration.

I didn't get anyone who was less than 4th Lord for the hour I was spending playing Ranked. This was through fight request, since regular search doesn't find shit, still.

Now I know what it's like to be Mo0.
That sucks. Ps3 players apparently haven't been playing hardcore because I jumped in ranked matches for the first time yesterday and easily found people in the same rankings (beginner) as me and was able to obtain the 5 wins in a row trophy. Only reason I've lost so far is because of time out.
I've noticed that I have more chances of playing a laggy match in ranked matches than in player matches for some reason and also 100% of players are picking Dante. It's fucking annoying. I've only fought one person who actually knew real combos and I didn't mind losing to that but so far everyone else does random supers at the start of the match.

New Record!

Tags
curly mustache, fuck the knicks, mango sentinel, pringles, scoops häagen dazs, take you for a ride

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] SHINKUUTETSUMAKISEMPUKYAKUU! - Marvel vs Capcom 3, now with more Iron Man