Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] SHINKUUTETSUMAKISEMPUKYAKUU! - Marvel vs Capcom 3, now with more Iron Man

Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:21 AM #26 of 72
I guess someone at Capcom was reading this, because it seems there's alternate costumes. Spider-Man apparently has at least three; Symbiote Suit, Iron Spider, and one other one I'm not sure of.
This is pleasing to know, and could apply to another point you make a bit further down...

Quote:
Oh, yeah, Spencer from Bionic Commando is in it, along with Arthur from Ghosts n Goblins. Arthur starts out with armor and loses it after taking a certain amount of damage.
Arthur was a surprising (and humorous) inclusion... though I suspect some gamers will treat him as a 'gag' character (see: Dan Hibiki) who is nonetheless quite effective in the right hands.

Quote:
Hopefully they'll add Spencer's original costume. I didn't much care for the new, dreadlocked design.
Given that this game will have alternate outfits, and the new BC does have the original 'carrot-top' Spencer as an unlockable alternate model, Capcom has no excuse whatsoever for not including it here.

Speaking of Spencer, earlier I'd hoped that the devs wised up and brought back special intro animations for particular face-offs. Well, they have the specific dialogue segments right (listen to the exchange between Spencer and Iron Man).

Quote:
Shortly after Spencer and Arthur were revealed, Magneto and M.O.D.O.K. were announced.
M.O.D.O.K. came as another surprise; nice to see they're reaching into Marvel's B-list here.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2010, 04:10 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2010, 09:10 PM #27 of 72
(listen to the exchange between Spencer and Iron Man).
I noticed that and thought that was a really neat touch. Hopefully they have plenty of those as that will be cool.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2010, 06:30 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2010, 04:30 PM #28 of 72
BIONIC AAAAAAAAAARM

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Jan 6, 2011, 05:59 PM Local time: Jan 6, 2011, 07:29 PM #29 of 72
Alright guys, the two new characters have been announced for Marvel Vs. Cacpom 3. One of the characters is way overdue to make his appearance in a capcom fighting game. The marvel character is was totally unexpected I present to you:

Mike Haggar and Phoenix.

YouTube Video

Posting this before Skills has a Nerdgasm over Mother Fuckin Mike Haggar.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Angel of Light; Jan 6, 2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Mike Haggar: He is the toughest mayor around.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:46 AM Local time: Feb 11, 2011, 08:46 AM #30 of 72
So this is out in a few days. What system is everyone getting it on? I should have it by next weekend, on PS3.

Most amazing jew boots
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2011, 01:33 PM Local time: Feb 11, 2011, 06:33 PM #31 of 72
360 for me, especially since that's the system I have my SFIV TE stick for.

FELIPE NO
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2011, 08:39 AM #32 of 72
Getting the special edition on PS3. If anyone gets it day one, would be fun to jump in online for some casuals while we still know nothing.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

New Record!
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2011, 05:02 PM Local time: Feb 13, 2011, 03:02 PM #33 of 72
Most likely getting the 360 one myself. PS3 broke (again) so no dice there.

Most of my games are bought on he 360 for the most part, save for some exclusives and other optimal PS3 games.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2011, 11:17 PM Local time: Feb 13, 2011, 09:17 PM #34 of 72
Gonna get it on 360 as well, see you on the battlefield!

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2011, 07:23 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2011, 04:23 PM #35 of 72
So I just bought myself the MadCatz SFIV Fightstick on Amazon for $50. Are there any glaring differences between the vanilla stick and the super special Tournament Edition stick to justify the latter being $160? That's just an insane price to me, considering I don't play fighting games that much. Even $50 is sort of pushing it for a controller to me, but I always hear how you get better control with one of those than the regular console controller, so I wanted to give it a try.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:24 PM Local time: Feb 15, 2011, 03:24 AM #36 of 72

optimal PS3 games.
so.. none? lolol

gettin it on x360.. if i wasnt in brazil that is

no homo
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:35 PM #37 of 72
Shit, I didn't know people from here were going to pick this up, Tails especially surprises me. I may go ahead and crack on buying it then, would be getting it on 360.

Also this:

YouTube Video

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Feb 14, 2011 at 11:11 PM.
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2011, 02:17 AM Local time: Feb 15, 2011, 01:17 AM #38 of 72
So I just bought myself the MadCatz SFIV Fightstick on Amazon for $50. Are there any glaring differences between the vanilla stick and the super special Tournament Edition stick to justify the latter being $160? That's just an insane price to me, considering I don't play fighting games that much. Even $50 is sort of pushing it for a controller to me, but I always hear how you get better control with one of those than the regular console controller, so I wanted to give it a try.
iirc the Tournament Edition sticks are using the exact same parts that you find on the arcade cabinets for SFIV ($$$). The Standard Edition does not use those parts, but MarkMan did one hell of a job trying to get it as close as possible to not being total ass difference wise. I remember seeing the design specs for them, shit was bananas.

If you are a person that is into the arcade//tournament scene then it might bother you, otherwise it doesn't really matter as long as it doesn't break. Size, weight, feeling, it matters to some people.

OT - I'm probably gonna get the PS3 version so that I have some games to play on the thing.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:55 AM #39 of 72
Picked it up this morning, game is fucking great. Blew through story mode real quick, and played about 5 or 6 online matches of which I only won one . All but one of the others were fairly close though, and I was already picking up stuff from other players. I love Ammy, still haven't played with most of the characters yet. I'm not a big fan of Wesker's moveset honestly. Dante seems really good, but I really need to get his moves down.

FELIPE NO
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2011, 06:36 PM Local time: Feb 15, 2011, 03:36 PM #40 of 72
So there's already some costume packs announced that actually change the character models, as opposed to just the colors. On March 1st, $5 gets you Iron Patriot, Captain Rogers and Classic Thor on the Marvel side, and S.T.A.R.S. outfit Chris, SF1 Ryu and Sparda (Dante's father for the uninitiated, if any) for Capcom. Of course, more will be released later.

Every fiber of my being is telling me I shouldn't buy this, because these could've easily been included on the disc as unlockables, but I'm probably gonna break down and get it anyway. Looking forward to seeing Wesker's and Spencer's costumes. (Come on Rearmed Spencer!)

Last edited by WolfDemon; Feb 15, 2011 at 06:38 PM.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2011, 08:00 PM #41 of 72
It think it's pretty awesome that Capcom is finally paying homage to Street Fighter I. Ryu with red hair makes me lawl though.

Most amazing jew boots
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2011, 08:14 PM #42 of 72
Will probably pass on that one, the only one I care about at all there is Dante's, and maaaaaybe Chris.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:31 PM #43 of 72
m00 will appreciate this:

YouTube Video

Most amazing jew boots
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:04 AM Local time: Feb 15, 2011, 11:04 PM #44 of 72
Capcom has revealed that Jill and Shuma are going to cost $5 each; they also go into detail about what Shadow Mode is.

Starting to think Capcom has been eating too much Subway...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2011, 03:25 AM Local time: Feb 16, 2011, 12:25 AM #45 of 72
Dante's costume is spiffy and all, but I think a Vergil skin would've been a better choice. But then the fans would probably bitch that he's not his own character with his own moveset and stuff. I also feel like the Iron Patriot was a wasted opportunity, considering all the other armors that more people are familiar with. They could've gone with the Modular Armor from the previous game, or even the goofy looking Mk V Armor.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2011, 03:41 AM Local time: Feb 16, 2011, 01:41 AM #46 of 72
Fuck, my hands are tired.

Main team consists of Dante, Thor and Wolverine. Just started an hour ago. So much to learn~!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:56 PM #47 of 72
Played it yesterday on arrival. It's actually easier to learn than the previous games. I actually did as I promised, I jumped online with a few friends without knowing anything about the mechanics. Lost two matches until I got a handle of things. Zero so far is the easiest to pick up. He doesn't have a huge move set like dante so it's not overwhelming.
I was pulling off random air tags which was freaking awesome. Don't know how I did them, I'm guessing it's Down, Forward, Special?

The special edition feels like a waste now since jill and shuma have been delayed until the 15th of march. I'm still getting them for free but I thought the whole point of the thing was to have them a bit earlier. Especially since their already on the damn disc.

Theres also a rumor going around that Frank and Doc Oc are future DLC characters.

Most amazing jew boots

New Record!
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2011, 12:10 AM #48 of 72
Loving the game, getting way more into it than other fighting games I've played in the past. Starting to click for me a bit, when I watch tourney-level players do stuff I can actually understand what they're doing and how, even if it's a bit beyond me. Online has still been hit or miss, I've had some close matches but a lot of the time either I completely dominate someone, or alternatively I get completely destroyed.

I've still only seriously looked into maybe about 30-40% of the cast, but I'm definitely feeling pretty good about having Ammy and Chun-li in my main team. I haven't played enough online to run into the apparently rampant Sentinel spam, but for Sentinel and any other characters that people spam projectiles with, Ammy's Ice Shot tends to put a good stop to that, especially against Sentinel since Ammy's so low to the ground. Right now my main problem is that if Ammy gets taken out and they're spamming full screen projectiles it's hard to counter. Chun-li's double jump/dash works fairly well but good players can stop that, and Trish's projectile is a bit slower than most others. I like Trish, but after doing some actual investigation work into Wesker's full moveset (which I previously didn't realize how it worked) I'm thinking he might be a good replacement for Trish on my A team, since his teleport is super crazy and easy, and is also well supplemented with his regular pistol shot (which is just a regular H attack). Plus he has a really easy OTG attack, and his HP and strength are both at the higher end of the game's cast.

Only other thing I've noticed online is that it seems like people have practiced very specific dial-a-combos (which I have too), but that they don't seem to know or do anything outside of that. I played a guy where he did an insane combo right off the bat leading with Zero at the start of the match that almost outright killed my first character, but I was able to come back and wreck Zero, and then he was complete garbage outside of that and I beat him with two characters at about full health and my 3rd at about half.

Also another aside, the strategy guide for this is crazy impressive. I normally wouldn't buy a guide for a fighting game, but this one is super well done (written by tourney players, ~400 pages) and covers every character in ridiculous detail (down to frame data for every move, etc) as well as general strategies, how you would want to play them, good supporting assists for that character, specific combos up to super crazy advanced combos, etc. It's probably the first fighting game guide I've ever seen where it actually is making a direct improvement to my game in fairly short order. Quality-wise it's probably the best strategy guide I've ever owned outside of the crazy Bayonetta CE guide and maybe one or two others.

Some good Wesker play:

YouTube Video

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:47 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2011, 06:47 AM #49 of 72
As much as I hear about Sentinel spam, I've not seen him in a single match yet. But Jesus Christ, Dante is the new Ken, I swear. I haven't been in one game where someone didn't use him. As a matter of fact, just about every team I've seen online has been a combination of Dante, Ryu/Akuma (I count them as one because they're essentially the same), Deadpool, Zero, Amaterasu, and Iron Man. Getting the trophy for fighting every character online will be impossible without boosting, because no one will use anyone else.

That said, I've been enjoying the game a lot. I lose quite a bit online because I can't seem to block anything or get around projectile spam, but I can pull a victory or two out of my ass once in a while. I can't wait for my arcade pad to get here; I think it'll improve my game, at least a little bit. I find it difficult pulling off certain moves and combos due to struggling with the normal controller.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:16 AM #50 of 72
I'm guessing it's because we're on the ps3 that we get so many dante's. I fucking hate him, the person playing him may as well be playing on easy mode because it's the same moves over and over again. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's good once he's picked up right but day 1 dante is annoying.

My main team is zero, since he was easy to pick up in day one as I mentioned before. Superskrull, because he has some easy moves to pull off into super but I'll swap him out soon I think. And Hulk because he's a fucking powerhouse, people forget he has some shield and he has a good assist with gamma wave.
I've only played online in player matches with people around the same skill (according to their ranking) and I've been able to beat the majority of them so I may hit up some ranked matches soon.
Only time I lost is with the spamming characters. Ammy throws those damn beads like there's no tomorrow which really pissed me off, dante players teleport all over the place not knowing what the fuck they're doing but still get those supers off on me, and those are the cheapest ones I've seen so far.
I played an iron man spamming the proton beam but it doesn't have recovery like Ammy's beads so it's easy to get around it.

I've actually tried avoiding the more popular characters, sentinel, dante, wesker, i'm not going to learn them until i need to.
Also, why is pheonix so fucking weak! I fought someone who had her as the first fighter, one Zero combo later, she's dead. ONE!

New Record!

Tags
curly mustache, fuck the knicks, mango sentinel, pringles, scoops häagen dazs, take you for a ride

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] SHINKUUTETSUMAKISEMPUKYAKUU! - Marvel vs Capcom 3, now with more Iron Man