Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Amusing] Griever is epic levels of fucking failure. Bye bye, shitnugget.
Closed Thread

Project #13
Banned

Member 30889

Level 3.09

Jun 2008

Old Jun 16, 2008, 05:14 AM 2 #1 of 19
Griever is epic levels of fucking failure. Bye bye, shitnugget.

Any Final Fantasy Tactics. Beat the original well over 2000 times from beginning to end. Tactics Advanced over 500, and I am working on my 50th game in the PSP remake. I beaten the first game with every team combination possible, including a full team of white mages. I got everything in Tactics Advanced, including all the stuff you had to get when playing someone else. Did the same with 'War of the Lions'. So far I have met noone who is better at me with these games. Now I am just waiting for Tactics Advanced 2, which I have had on reserve for almost 6 months now.

Basically, I am a natural at Strategy RPGS and RTS games, give me a few minutes of playtime and I will figure things out and go from there.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

("\(@)_(@)/")
I have a panda! Take that National Zoo!!!
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 05:26 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2008, 04:26 AM 2 #2 of 19
Any Final Fantasy Tactics. Beat the original well over 2000 times from beginning to end. Tactics Advanced over 500, and I am working on my 50th game in the PSP remake. I beaten the first game with every team combination possible, including a full team of white mages. I got everything in Tactics Advanced, including all the stuff you had to get when playing someone else. Did the same with 'War of the Lions'. So far I have met noone who is better at me with these games. Now I am just waiting for Tactics Advanced 2, which I have had on reserve for almost 6 months now.

Basically, I am a natural at Strategy RPGS and RTS games, give me a few minutes of playtime and I will figure things out and go from there.
2000 times through FFT?

I call

ADDED COMMENT:

Angel of Light: I'm also a huge fan of the Rival Schools series, though I'm sure both Pang and yourself would destroy me.

AFTER THE FACT EDIT:

[04:45] <Denicalis> I must have beaten Pacman on the TI 86 well over 2000 times.
[04:45] <Denicalis> And Tetris over 500.
[04:45] <Denicalis> And then upgraded to my TI-90.
[04:45] <Denicalis> At least 50 more. No big deal.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Last edited by No. Hard Pass.; Jun 16, 2008 at 05:47 AM.
Project #13
Banned

Member 30889

Level 3.09

Jun 2008

Old Jun 16, 2008, 07:49 AM 2 #3 of 19
2000 times through FFT?

I call

AFTER THE FACT EDIT:

[04:45] <Denicalis> I must have beaten Pacman on the TI 86 well over 2000 times.
[04:45] <Denicalis> And Tetris over 500.
[04:45] <Denicalis> And then upgraded to my TI-90.
[04:45] <Denicalis> At least 50 more. No big deal.
You can call bullshit all you want. The game has been out for at least 10 years, I have had it since release date. Besides the random rpgs I play when they come out, thats the only game I still play. More than enough time to to play the game start to finish over 2000 times. Not really a challenging feat.

I have had FFT:A since the release date in October 03, that will be 5 years this fall. Seeing as the game is horridly short, it should be no surprise that I have beaten it so many times, as it is the only Nintendo handheld I have.

As for FFT: WotL, I have been playing it since release date as well. The only time I stopped was to play Crisis Core, which took me all of three days to beat. I play it where ever I go and in between loading screens of games. I even play it at work, which is how I got all of the dark and onion knight gear.

I plan to do the same for FFT:A2, since I am buying a DS just for that game and FF IV.

Its not really bullshit when you play a game into unhealthy levels and have no life.

Most amazing jew boots

("\(@)_(@)/")
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 08:14 AM 3 #4 of 19
I can't believe someone would sit here and say "it's not a challenging feat to replay the same 20+ hour SRPG 2,000 times." This is a joke account, right?

Because I have games that are vastly shorter that I have replayed out the ass (SotN, Super Metroid) and not even I'm faggot enough to claim I've beat them both 2,000 times... even COMBINED TOGETHER, let alone separately. I'd be hard pressed to claim even 300 times, you obviously have no grasp on numbers and what they mean.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Romhacking.net PSN: Kyuuen XBL: Kyuuen
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 08:19 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2008, 11:49 PM 1 #5 of 19
Quote:
You can call bullshit all you want. The game has been out for at least 10 years, I have had it since release date. Besides the random rpgs I play when they come out, thats the only game I still play. More than enough time to to play the game start to finish over 2000 times. Not really a challenging feat.
You're fucking daft, no-one believes you. The worst part is you could have backed down and claimed it was a exaggeration, but no.

It's been out 10 years, so you have completed it approximately 200 times a year? That's once every (and I'm being generous here) 2 days. Depending on how fast you complete the game, although I can't imagine it being too much faster than 10-15 hours or so (and that's the bare minimum), so that's about 5 hours a day of FFT. I am being as generous as I can, not even your claim of "no-life" is any sort of excuse.

This is probably the most retarded thing I have ever read on the Internet. Nothing you can ever say will make anyone anywhere believe you.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by NovaX; Jun 16, 2008 at 08:21 AM.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 08:22 AM 4 #6 of 19
You have a poor grasp on what the word "challenging" means.

JRPGs, as a genre, are not known for their challenge. FFT is an exception in some ways but this is hardly relevant: most of us in this thread have probably surpassed what gimmicky challenge FFT does have to offer. However, doing something over and over is not "challenging" so much as it is "deranged". Playing FFT for the 10th time isn't more challenging than it was the first time; if anything it'll be less challenging, and by iteration 2000 it'll be about as challenging as trimming your nails. That's not skill, it's not challenge, it's OCD.

You might say that someone who does something like that is "challenged" but this is decontextualizing

EDIT: You guys are fucking ridiculous trying to claim shenanigans on his claim of being impossibly pathetic. "There's no way you're that disgusting and sad! Prove it!"

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Project #13
Banned

Member 30889

Level 3.09

Jun 2008

Old Jun 16, 2008, 09:31 AM 1 #7 of 19
Pangalin, I don't know if that was in my defense, but thank you. I am ocd in the first place, this just explains my obsession.

Forsety, I can tell by your signature that you have played more games in the last three months then I have in the last year. Did you pass up the part in which I stated this is the ONLY game I play? I am only breaking to play Metal Gear.

NovaX, if this is the most retarded thing you have read online, then you must be new to the internet.

I know what I have done, I know that this series is the only one that I am, with out question, phenomenal at. I answered the question. If you don't like it, well, good for you, go eat a pie.

How ya doing, buddy?

("\(@)_(@)/")
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:31 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2008, 09:31 AM 1 #8 of 19
Shut the fuck up, dillweed. You bet your ass it's fucking retarded.

Let's run with Nova's numbers a bit further. The game's been out for 3788 full days. That's 90912 hours. If it's a 20 hour playthrough, you've been playing it for 40000 of those hours. That's 44 percent of your life, since then. 33 percent if 15 hours, and 22 percent if 10. Yeah, no. I don't think so.

How fucking old are you to think we're this gullible or stupid? Can you even count as high as 2000? Come the fuck on, son. Jesus shit. Just admit you're a douchebag trying to act hardcore or something and move the fuck on. (Looks like I editted the title correctly, at least).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:32 AM 5 #9 of 19
How sad are you guys that it's absolutely crucial to disprove this EPIC MYTH.

THIS MAN IS LYING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES

GET THE ROPE

Pangalin, I don't know if that was in my defense
I... I called you disgusting and sad, how is that.. why would you think...

Dammit all you're too dumb to know when you're being insulted

I can't work under these conditions

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:37 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2008, 09:37 AM #10 of 19
But it's funny in it's sheer absurdity, Pang. 2000 is a funny claim in and of itself, but when you realize that it's such a large percentage of time, it becomes even funnier!

Kind of like listening to Rat talk. At first, the words are just lulz worthy, and then when you actually stop and think about what's being said, it goes from a giggle to a guffaw.

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:42 AM #11 of 19
Well, that's just it. It's a fucking silly claim, sure, but that's all it is. Busting out ZE ARITHMETICS OF PWNED is bringing a gun to a slap fight. EXAMINE: THESE SPREADSHEETS AND POWERPOINT PRESENTATIONS PROVE WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT YOU TOTALLY DID NOT PLAY THAT GAME AS MUCH AS YOU SAID.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:06 AM 2 #12 of 19
Whatever, bitches don't know I just finished my 9001 playthough of Ace Combat 2, ALL OF THEM getting the true final mission too.

And only using the F-4 for the entire game. I believe that makes me the most pro Ace Combat around.

Only game I've ever played my entire life, in fact.

How ya doing, buddy?

#654: Braixen
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:08 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2008, 05:08 PM #13 of 19
Any Final Fantasy Tactics. Beat the original well over 2000 times from beginning to end.
Haha dude, are you the Machinist?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:08 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2008, 09:08 AM #14 of 19
EXAMINE: THESE SPREADSHEETS AND POWERPOINT PRESENTATIONS PROVE WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT YOU TOTALLY DID NOT PLAY THAT GAME AS MUCH AS YOU SAID.
Leave the many impressive charts and bar graphs alone. =(

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Project #13
Banned

Member 30889

Level 3.09

Jun 2008

Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:13 AM #15 of 19
You can do all the math you want. You should even factor in the 8 hours a day I spent in school for 7 years, of the 10, then factor in 8 hour shifts, 5 days a week, for 2 years when I worked. No matter what math you do, it just proves that I do nothing but waste my life playing this game. The rest of the time was before the game came out, school and work.

I mean really, is it that complicated to believe that someone has that much time on their hands? What about shut ins that are so agoraphobic that they don't leave their house? Pretty sure they have time on their hands? Or people that governments have put on permanent disability? Would it be improbable of them to do the same thing?

FELIPE NO

("\(@)_(@)/")
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:14 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2008, 05:14 PM #16 of 19
I mean really, is it that complicated to believe that someone has that much time on their hands? What about shut ins that are so agoraphobic that they don't leave their house? Pretty sure they have time on their hands? Or people that governments have put on permanent disability? Would it be improbable of them to do the same thing?
jesus christ please stop. It is in your very interest that I don't believe that you doin fucked up shit like that

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:15 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2008, 09:15 AM #17 of 19
Listen, man. It's not Convince GFF You Are the Most Useless, Waste-of-Time, Drain-on-Society Member thread. Chill.

What about shut ins that are so agoraphobic that they don't leave their house? Pretty sure they have time on their hands? Or people that governments have put on permanent disability? Would it be improbable of them to do the same thing?
It's not difficult to believe some individuals have that much absolute free time, no. What is difficult to believe is that someone would have such single-minded adoration of a game that they would play the same game for ten hours a day for ten years. Ten years.

Last edited by Little Brenty Brent Brent; Jun 16, 2008 at 11:19 AM.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:22 AM 2 #18 of 19
I mean really, is it that complicated to believe that someone has that much time on their hands?
Look, you... you're not listening.

It's not a question of it being complicated

It's really more of a question of SHUT UP

GET THE FUCK OUT

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:30 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2008, 10:30 AM #19 of 19
Are all the other niches in GFF already so occupied that the best anyone new can aspire to be and (poorly) lie their way into is to be the biggest useless shitstain?

Additional Spam:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

Fuck, I KNEW I recognized your profile picture. I should have checked the IP earlier. It's fucking Identikit/Greiver, back with a dupe account!

Good bye nigger.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Jun 16, 2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Amusing] Griever is epic levels of fucking failure. Bye bye, shitnugget.