Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Amusing] Iron Chef game headed to PS2

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 07:29 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 10:29 PM #1 of 16
Iron Chef game headed to PS2

Quote:
Become a Master Chef, and find out just how hard it is to find the ingredients for food! The mischievous Baby Mice have stolen your all important ingredients, and made a general mess of your kitchin with food flying everywhere. Knock the ingedients into your basket and keep an eye out for the Baby Mice who will not hesitate to empty your basket.

Oh whoops, it's not based on the TV show. =) Welcome to the delightful world of Phoenix Games, a company so proud of their extremely cheap, shoddy heaps of entertainment that their slogan is even 'The ONLY European SUPER Budget Publisher'! In this thread, we sit back in our e-beanbags, sip our e-coffee, spill it all over the internet as a result and dedicate a thread to the true heroes of the video game industry! Taking full advantage of Sony Europe's 'we don't give a rats arse' quality control, Phoenix have decided to pump out budget games at an alarming rate for the value hungry hippo consumers. There's currently around NINETY titles listed on their site, all priced at a wallet destroying £7.99 ($15 US).

Quote:
Software Publishers are committing ever greater resources to an ever diminishing number of product releases. In commercial terms it is seem to be more prudent to invest money in the next Tomb Raider sequel than it is to invest in some new and speculative venture. Major corporations are solely geared to money making and sometimes lose grip of the nature of the creative enterprise in which they are engaged. The creators of original products are usually independent development companies that have a creative dream.
An excellent quote from Phoenix themselves. A real tear jerker, finally, a publisher for the creative developers! Interesting then, that a number of their creative games consist of completely ripping off character designs.

OH PACCIE YOU HUNGRY FELLOW!

Or how about the great Son of The Lion King which features a colouring game, a memory game and a full length cartoon!

"Simba, your new name is Robin!"
"But daaaaad"

Their website also boasts that they can go from the start of development to shoving the game out the door in only three months, which has to be a world record and worthy of putting A.A.A. in the list! Some titles deserve genuine eyebrow raising, though. The likes of Carwash Tycoon, complete with in-game comic sans text. How does this even play? Is it an actual sim type game or just some sort of.. something? With Phoenix Games, the answer is unknown! Even upon playing it, no doubt! This is the true power of a company filled with mystery grab bag developers. And the real good news? They're already slapping together PSP games! Will PS3 be next? Could we perhaps see a sequel to the glory of..

in all sorts of stunning HD resolutions one day? Why with the space of Blu-Ray, they could fit a hundred thousand different vans in! And a few cartoons! And while I often buy obscure budget PAL PS2 games on purpose for science, I've yet to give my support to these legends. One day, Phoenix. One day. See America, this is what you REALLY miss out on thanks to Sony's anti-2D/anti-shit law!

Have a fun! Enjoy!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 07:59 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 02:59 PM #2 of 16
Yeah, this sort of budget games regularly appears in German food discounters. One of these days, I'll surely buy one (for science, of course).

Also, I find the Son of The Lion King cover really disturbing with all the extreme bondage going on:

And just look at that cute mouse pleading for its life! It's so exciting.

"Look Ma, what's that lion going to do with the little mouse?"

- "You're not old enough to know, son."

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Rock; Jan 12, 2007 at 08:02 AM.
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 08:32 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 03:32 PM #3 of 16
I was really hoping for a game based on the television show. Chairman Kaga would start every episode by biting in a bell pepper (or whatever), which would be awesome.
You'd have to pick dishes, which are ranked by difficulty, tastiness and so on. Perhaps on Wii, then? I'd really buy that game!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Chairman Kaga
ALL ABOARD!

Member 592

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 08:36 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 11:36 PM #4 of 16
The title of this thread was so misleading.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 09:29 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 08:29 AM #5 of 16

Uh oh, this one's seven plus.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 10:25 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 10:25 AM #6 of 16
Originally Posted by Phoenix
In commercial terms it is seem to be more prudent
Spoken like the gaming geniuses they are =)

Good fuckin' lord... Lion King animation screenshots remind me of a particular Nintendo system... ^^

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 10:59 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 05:59 PM #7 of 16
Spoken like the gaming geniuses they are =)

Good fuckin' lord... Lion King animation screenshots remind me of a particular Nintendo system... ^^
Which Nintendo system? I think it looks like CD-I Zelda's retarded brother...

FELIPE NO

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 01:42 PM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 01:42 PM #8 of 16
That's what I was referring to =3

How ya doing, buddy?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 03:23 PM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 02:23 PM #9 of 16
Oh, man, what a letdown. I was hoping for a game based on the Japanese TV show (even the American version is fine too), but I get slapped with a company with no regard for ingenuity and a penchant to take established brands and make them terrifying bootleg.

Regardless, I think this one wins them all:

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:46 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2007, 02:46 PM #10 of 16
Yeah, this sort of budget games regularly appears in German food discounters. One of these days, I'll surely buy one (for science, of course).

Also, I find the Son of The Lion King cover really disturbing with all the extreme bondage going on:

And just look at that cute mouse pleading for its life! It's so exciting.

"Look Ma, what's that lion going to do with the little mouse?"

- "You're not old enough to know, son."
Hahaha, I think this also spills onto this cover too;

There's a hand going somewhere unknown and there's gotta be something going on between the bear and pig. Plus the lion has just kicked the monkey in the worst possible place, that's not a good message for the children who'll get stuck with this game one birthday! "HERE'S THAT NEW FIFA GAME YOU WANTED!"

Originally Posted by Gechmir
Yeah seriously. ;__;

AUGH!

And an actual Iron Chef game would be totally awesome. <3 MAYBE ONE DAY!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:43 PM Local time: Jan 17, 2007, 01:43 PM #11 of 16
Hahaha... I knew I recognized something in this box art...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2007, 02:31 AM Local time: Jan 25, 2007, 12:31 AM #12 of 16
^ Haha way to point that out, that's just fuckin ridiculous!

These games look hilarious, although I would like to see a REAL Iron Chef game for the Wii. You could flip your pans and chop your vegetables and stuff with the Wii-mote. That would rock ass.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:48 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2007, 02:48 PM #13 of 16
Hahaha... I knew I recognized something in this box art...

Ahahahaha holy crap, good eye!

Originally Posted by Shiny McShine
These games look hilarious, although I would like to see a REAL Iron Chef game for the Wii. You could flip your pans and chop your vegetables and stuff with the Wii-mote. That would rock ass.
That would be awesome! Closest we'll probably get is Cooking Mama though.

Also WHOA, Phoenix just announced 'Skateboard Madness X-Treme Edition', due out in March. I wonder where the non-X-Treme edition is? I saw a few of their other titles in EB the other day, but $20 AUD is just something I can't possibly hand over no matter how much depressing hilarity they may provide. I'd be prepared to pay like $10 for these disasters at the most. Only a matter of time!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:54 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 09:54 PM #14 of 16
I wonder why they don't get sued for using that image of Destiny Island? Probably because...SquareEnix doesn't give a shit?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:56 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2007, 02:56 PM #15 of 16
They probably don't even know Phoenix Games exist, much like the rest of the sane world. ='D

FELIPE NO
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:57 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 09:57 PM #16 of 16
Yes, you're probably right. Leave it to you to even find these guys, lol. I myself had never heard of any of this crap before I saw this thread.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Amusing] Iron Chef game headed to PS2