Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] House Season Three

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:36 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 05:36 PM #26 of 50
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
I think that it's coming back at the end of October.
Thanks, that's good to know.

Aren't there like sports channels or something they can put these sports things on without interrupting good shows?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 06:18 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 05:18 PM #27 of 50
I fucking hate baseball. Hey, sports-loving American white trash cocksuckers, give me my medical drama back. Go drink your domestic piss-beer and gorge yourselves on hot dogs on some other channel.

On a directly-related note, I do wonder where they're going with the leg thing. Having him recover for a couple episodes and then go right back to square one, while I understand the external reasons for their having done it, seemed a little pointless. Hopefully there'll be more developments later this season that have to do with whether the ketamine actually did anything for House or if it was a few days of false hope.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

It is not my custom to go where I am not invited.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 09:39 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 09:39 PM #28 of 50
Same here, I can't believe they took off a great show for BASEBALL! I mean, of all sports, BASEBALL?!

Meh, whatever, I guess I can wait until November to watch House again. In the meantime, there is nothing else on....

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:04 PM #29 of 50
Baseball is big down there and it's the playoffs (I think). Fox needs all of the ratings that it can get...

I was speaking idiomatically.

Dan
Carob Nut

Member 2147

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:10 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 10:10 PM #30 of 50
Highly, belated thought on the son of a coma guy episode. Short version worst episode so far this season did not like it and hope the writers get there act together.

Long version: Now I heard a rumor that one of the principles writers left this show, I’m quickly starting to believe that rumor, the more of this season the more I see a marked decline in the overall writing quality:

1) Telling instead of showing the writers overall story telling has gotten far blunter and less tactful. It “show don’t tell” writers!. Perfect example: the cup point blank saying “everybody lies” al la house. Far too blunt and obvious a better way to handle the scene would be the cup implying that everybody lies foremen bring up House motto and both him and the viewer coming to a realization of the parallels between the two characters, rather then have it be spelled out.
2) Medical accuracy. First, a rant I’m surprised at the lack of critical analysis amongst house fans. An attempt at some degree of medical accuracy is a part of the show PERIOD! What the writers did in this episode is completely ignore the rules that they, not I, chose to follow in writing the show. If this show were supernatural or some fantasy show I wouldn’t even give a second thought, I can suspend my disbelief but to accept the crap writing is too ignore the first season second season, it’s genre, it’s setting or in other words to pretend I’m watching a different show.
On to specifics the entire premise of the episode was absurd but ignoring that it’s the execution was terribly. Why couldn’t the guy be in a wheelchair instead of walking around like a man in his prime? Driving a car? The thing that makes this so annoying is that attention to detail would only make the show better putting the guy in a wheel chair would increase the guys need for house help and (Wilson’s ride), increase the meaningfulness of the power game between them, let house make fun of a fellow cripple, make the guys finial sacrifice ring true and so on.

The entertainment value of watching a medical drama is seeing how writers can explore their characters while maintaining believability, take away that attempt at believability and it is like 24 taking away the real time format because we should suspend our disbelief. It’s bad writing plain and simple.

Now their was some good in this episode but that good is elapsed by the poor overall quality of this ep.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 09:51 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 09:51 PM #31 of 50
The last episode was very good. Its amazing to see that conflict going on between House and his associates. Something very big is going to break here.

The show very much going into a much different direction this season compared to previous seasons. However, I still enjoy it a LOT.

FELIPE NO
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:14 PM #32 of 50
Something very big broke.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 05:38 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 05:38 PM #33 of 50
Man, I can't believe Wilson is going to be the one to rat on House!

Next episode is going to be unbelievable.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 07:09 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 12:09 AM #34 of 50
It's interesting, but I'm kind of bored of this whole detective thing they've got going on. His an arsehole and the story line isn't much fun, it's just made House grumpy and actually quite mean. Plus, we haven't seen House down in the clinic for an age. Shame.

Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 05:21 PM #35 of 50
I love to hate the cop. And without his meds, House is coming off as very human. In the past he's drawn parallels between himself and god, but this is obviously not the case. The seemingly impossible medical cases are taking a back seat to the characters, and I think it's a nice change of pace.

Most amazing jew boots
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 09:48 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 09:48 PM #36 of 50
Does anyone know if House is done until January? Or is there going to be another episode or two before Christmas?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RPG Maker
Lost Dreamer

Member 342

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 10:00 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 10:00 PM #37 of 50
New episodes "Merry Little Christmas" airs next week. The episode after that airs on January 9th.

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:16 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 10:16 PM #38 of 50
K. Awesome. I am glad that Torchwood goes through the holidays, so at least I have something to watch. I wish House ran on a more consistent pace, but I guess they want to extend the season as long as possible.

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 09:14 PM #39 of 50
Is this Xmas episode just filler or will it continue the cop story thread? I want to find out what Wilson tells him!

FELIPE NO

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 08:30 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2006, 08:30 PM #40 of 50
Supposedly, something is going to happen in this episode.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 09:34 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2006, 09:34 PM #41 of 50
Well, the way its going so far, its pretty darn awesome!

Alex
fucking insane

Member 2359

Level 8.29

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 10:11 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2006, 10:11 PM #42 of 50
What a great episode! You gotta love David Morse as the cop .

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:51 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2006, 11:51 PM #43 of 50
Wow. I really can't wait to see what January is going to bring. Think House is going to jail? Or are they going to find another way out for him? I think the buttons have been pushed way to far. I also almost guarantee a prison or jail type episode with House in it.

Half way and the show looks soooo intense, imagine what the finale is going to be like!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dan
Carob Nut

Member 2147

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 12:51 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 01:51 AM #44 of 50
Good episode I hope the climax lives up to the build up. Unfortunately I have one annoyance and it is that the writers seem to want us to believe House is indeed an addict it the truest sense, (he doesn’t really need his meds) but looking at the series as a whole an equal argument could be made that house is suffering from pseudoaddiction (where a person with a legitimate pain problem acts like an addict in an attempt to better mange their pain). The fact that House did not detox or need vicoden after his leg magical healed in “meaning” seems to suggest a legitimate pain issue is the root of House's med use and the season 1 episode “detox” is also more indicative of pseudoaddiction. Now I don’t mind having room to interpret House’s behavior, what annoys me is I get the impression that the writers didn’t intend this ambiguity and want us to lean to addict.

So what do you guys think is the addiction true or pseudo?

How ya doing, buddy?
FreeHooker
Cowan the Brabarian.

Member 14954

Level 7.46

Nov 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 01:19 AM Local time: Dec 12, 2006, 10:19 PM #45 of 50
Originally Posted by Dan
Good episode I hope the climax lives up to the build up. Unfortunately I have one annoyance and it is that the writers seem to want us to believe House is indeed an addict it the truest sense, (he doesn’t really need his meds) but looking at the series as a whole an equal argument could be made that house is suffering from pseudoaddiction (where a person with a legitimate pain problem acts like an addict in an attempt to better mange their pain). The fact that House did not detox or need vicoden after his leg magical healed in “meaning” seems to suggest a legitimate pain issue is the root of House's med use and the season 1 episode “detox” is also more indicative of pseudoaddiction. Now I don’t mind having room to interpret House’s behavior, what annoys me is I get the impression that the writers didn’t intend this ambiguity and want us to lean to addict.

So what do you guys think is the addiction true or pseudo?
I have to agree here, Dan. The scene which really brought this to the forefront of my thinking was House feeding his addiction on the stairs. It's sort of a cliche thing to do in regards to taking drugs, and that really made me believe that the writers want us to get away from the strict belief that House is not a complete good guy.

More often than not in literature, film, or TV, the average viewer desires the all-American 'good guy' protagonist. The fact that that's exactly what House is not on many levels (But still is on many different levels) is part of the intrigue that the show makes me feel.

I also thought that tonight's episode was one of the funnier ones in the whole series to date. A couple of the endless dwarf jokes really got me chuckling.

My favourite character (Other than House ) has to be Wilson. I loved that scene in the car where he informs Tritter that he won't be testifying (More specifically I liked what he said about House).

Dan
Carob Nut

Member 2147

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2007, 11:51 PM Local time: Jan 10, 2007, 12:51 AM #46 of 50
Ok, I’m disappointed with this episode.

The patent of the week case didn’t have me interested, the male menopause thing was good but over other then that. You would think some would try to verify the guy’s story or notice a lack of engagement rings and the brother and the girl before going all lets wipe out your memories or ask the question about martial status as part of the examination when they were testing the girl too see what could be causing the guy’s heart attacks. Why didn’t House yell at his team for not seeing something so obvious? If it was the entire act reformed thing I can understand. Well not even that was House team even testifying in his trail? The rehab people weren’t around in the scene were he met his team after walking out of court. There no reason for him to be so accepting of this screw-up. A screw-up isn’t even truly acknowledged as a screw-up. (more on that below) What I really can’t understand is why the writers are agreeing with that mindset.

The act screwed up the dynamic of House and his team functioning on a deeper level then just the geographical separation of a few floors. House team Cuddy, Wilson supposed to second guess House when they don’t, like in this episode bad things happen had they seconded guessed House they might have caught the real culprit (or more accurately to the show make House discover it) or if House was down in his office being made to see these people against his will instead of in the rehab wing he would have found it. Why is this not being pointed out to us? Why is this destroying of the dynamics that make the team (and the show) work properly being portrayed as good. “It bought us time” is not a good enough reason. First off it you expect me to believe that the guy real couldn’t have lasted the time with out the treatment; without seeing the girl for a few days at most? Not too mentioned had normal dynamics been maintained the team would have likely caught the false memories and started the correct treatment right away.

The show in how it handled these elements betrayed it own premise and it further betrayed it own premise by Cuddy saying House make everyone around him worse for being there (and again it not that she said it but that the writer in every aspect of how it was done agree with her). The entire point of the show is like Dr. Cox on Scrubs House is a jerk but one that make those around him better for it not worse. As a interesting parallel the latest episode had the same “broken heart syndrome” and parodied House only they not only kept Dr. Cox in character (the father of House really) they showed a good understanding of what make House work. (sad that parodies seem to be more in touch with the shows dynamic then the show itself.) The entire handling of Cuddy’s perjury was a misstep also.

The entire Cuddy perjuring herself and the judge just dropping the case was a cop-out, but was really is disappointing is that the cop-up draw light on what could have been a much much more interesting twist. It would have been much more interesting had the writers written the arch so Cuddy did actually swap out the real meds. (make House’s recovery afterwards a placebo effect like the “morphine” shot in the she-male model episode, it whould make the issue of house addiction more intersting anyway, and the passing out just from drinking alcohol or a drug/alcohol interaction with some over the counter meds Cuddy swapped in.) and that she was letting House sweat it out to try to change him to make him learn humility. This has been an arc all season with Wilson and Cuddy plotting behind House’s back for his own good this twist would have wrapped up the arch nicely especially since Wilson himself said the word “meaning” bring us back to the beginning of the arch.

It would have also made the entire end sequence more interesting we would be left with House unable to out fox Tritter, but still be smart enough to say ahead of Cuddy and Wilson it would have changed the dynamics of the scene so that when Wilson said nothing has changed we could see how the character on there own, not via the contrivance of the writers, have come full circle. It would have been a more layered more satisfying conclusion.

I don’t how the writer could have overlooked such potential in making the arch as such. maybe they were afraid it would be too big a twist for an everything stays the same ending; maybe the various false dichotomy that the show bases it self around are become too obvious for disbelief too be suspended or maybe the writer just don’t know how to make a satisfying arch spanning multiple episodes. Whatever the reason I’m disappointed very very disappointed.

In a way the three week wait doesn’t seem so bad now it lets me erase this mess from my head.

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:58 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2007, 01:58 PM #47 of 50
Although I enjoyed reading your indepth view, I really don't know how you are able to get that indepth in the first place. In terms of entertainment, I loved it and to me, that is all that matters. I guess I try not to get technical on things like that. I love Dr. House even more now. He is sooooo sly

FELIPE NO
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 01:12 AM #48 of 50
I wikied "andropause" (I want to get my dad on HRT) and found a reference to the latest episode of House. Who the hell thought to update the entry?

Most amazing jew boots
Dan
Carob Nut

Member 2147

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2007, 12:15 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 01:15 PM #49 of 50
Belated response to the latest episode:

Ok, this show is really starting to annoy me this episode wasn’t bad, it was actually pretty good, the 2 patient of the week and their mysteries were good, and it had some good lines but the writers have pretty much ruined Cuddy and Cameron for me and are they are on their way to ruining Chase.

Lets begin with Cuddy: Is she House boss or his bitch? Right now I’d say bitch. Sure she took a lot of crap from him in seasons 1 and 2 but she retained some degree of power over him, now it is obviously that she has no control other house what so ever (also keep in mind that it has repeatedly made clear, including in this very ep., that house needs an people to second guess him it is part his “unique” DDx process.) and if the episode before last is to be believed she doesn’t let him get away with this because he saves lives or even guilt at cutting of his leg no it because they apparently slept together. The last episode did have Cuddy standing up to House but for all the wrong reasons she was being emotional, irrational and un-objective, Cuddy made the wrong call, she got lucky, and if she saw a hundred of the same case she would have made the wrong call again and gain and a 100 people would have died. Isn’t this the situation she was trying to prevent by lying to house in the first episode of the season? So now Cuddy is a hypocrite? And she was completely ineffectual during the Triter arch, where were the team of lawyers the frequently gathered in Cuddy’s office in season 1? Especially after she not only went after House but also completely shut down the practice of another department was pretty much making life a living hell for three more of her best doctors; was make every other doctor overly concerned with covering their ass hence disrupting the function of the entire hospital, especially when he for no good reason hijacked a room in your hospital and started walking around intimidating all your doctors like he owned the place and was apparently illegal shuffling through hospital files and although you full admit that House brought all that on himself and that House make everything around him worse you still willing to let better doctors sacrifice themselves for him (yes house is NOT the best doctor in that hospital being a good doctor is more then dxing zebras, House is at the end of the day I highly profitable one trick pony) and prejudge your self for him? And after all that way to prove to him that he owes you in fact why not bring that up to him right now when he said you owed him. Which brings us back to the present Cuddy a hospital administrator with a medical degree and who is supposed to control House is now also apparent easily susceptible to influence and prone to hysteria, and not mild hysteria major hysteria and when it over Cuddy who is supposed to be a rock on which the function of entire teaching hospital of some fame is supposed to rest on then brushs it off as if that was as natural as getting a cold; not to mention this little story could make it way to the media, a bunch of panicky people on an airplane with an unknown infection a heroic doctor post 9/11 with the ability to spin it in to a story about the importance of scuba diving safety I’d say at least one magazine would want to report on this and she is apparently not concerned about those all important benefactors reading about the hysteria prone hospital administrator. Way to care about your hospital image Cuddy. Boy she sure seems like a great hospital administrator doesn’t she?

I was going to write some thing about Cam’s character assassination but my hand is getting tried. But I will say this my problems with this seasons have shifted from un believable plot lines (miracle!leg, son of a coma guy)) to their treatment of the characters like the above about Cuddy. That these two elements have not hit their respective lows at the same time is probably the only thing keeping me watching, but the fact that a lot of people seem to like both of these thing has me fearing that they are going to combine the worst of the worst into a single episode. Shudders at how that might look like: “House’s leg mysterious gets better while have sex with Cuddy on top her desk meanwhile Foreman get a cold, Cameron gets jungle fever and they also have sex on Cuddy’s desk with Chase watching?” At this point wouldn’t surprise me.

So is anyone pleased with the direction this show is going.

Last edited by Dan; Apr 13, 2007 at 12:38 PM.
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 09:04 AM Local time: May 30, 2007, 08:04 AM #50 of 50
Wow, didn't see that one coming:

Spoiler:

House fired whatever-his-name-is, the girl quit, and Foreman did leave, so now House has no employees. Actually, I can see how it would be liberating to suddenly have no employees to bother with.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] House Season Three