Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Golden Sun DS!!!
Closed Thread

RPG Maker
Lost Dreamer

Member 342

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 03:40 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 03:40 PM #1 of 14
Golden Sun DS!!!

Oh my god! A Golden Sun sequel for the DS is coming!!!

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/11/go...ndo-gathering/

Discuss...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 04:00 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 04:00 PM #2 of 14
I just came.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 04:03 PM #3 of 14
Awesome, I was just thinking about getting back to Golden Sun 2 the other day. I'm only about halfway through the game, and I'd be surprised if there isn't some sort of data carryover for the DS game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 04:20 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 02:20 PM #4 of 14
Hopefully the data transfer system is more convenient than the thousand letter password generator implemented in the earlier games. It was not fun times transferring data from the original to the sequel one character at a time (I didn't have two GB Advance systems to work with).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 05:25 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 04:25 PM #5 of 14
Damn, I'm kinda conflicted. The DS is always in need of more RPGs, but I was never a big fan of the GS series. Maybe I can try to get into this one anyway, even without knowing the story from the previous games. But even then, the gameplay would have to be more interesting this time for me to still want to play.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 05:41 PM #6 of 14
Hopefully it's not heavily dependent on the story of the 2 GBA versions. I never got around to beating 1 or playing 2. This would definitely be a solid addtion to the RPG library, provided that it doesn't go the way of Lunar Dragon Song or something equally disappointing. I don't think I'd get it if it were a straight up port either.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 05:51 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 03:51 PM #7 of 14
Damn, I'm kinda conflicted. The DS is always in need of more RPGs, but I was never a big fan of the GS series. Maybe I can try to get into this one anyway, even without knowing the story from the previous games. But even then, the gameplay would have to be more interesting this time for me to still want to play.
Quoted for nomination to the planetary annals of truth. There was definitely promise for the first two GS games, but the autopilot music, FF1-style battle attacks that don't retarget if the enemy dies, ddddiiiiiiiaaaaaaalllllllloooooogggggg, and inability to make me care about any of the characters at all pretty much made me inable to play either game in anything more than short bursts. At least the djinn system was halfway decent (I would've liked more complexity, because to be honest I got a ton of enjoyment out of experimenting with the classes and all that) and the battle animations were fucking great for the GBA.

I'd love to get my hands on another DS RPG, but I hope this turns out to be less mediocre than the GBA ones.

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 07:13 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2007, 10:13 AM #8 of 14
I'm was a fan of the first two Golden Sun games. I always liked the story and the whole "djinni" thing (and the classes, they were really nice to mess around with). Excellent graphics and awesome music (I don't care what people say; this is one of the few Sakuraba scores I dp like). Here's hoping it's not a port of the first two games, but instead is a completely new installment, which lives up to it's predecessors. Not getting my hopes up though; it's like Summonmaster said, if this turns out to be as "good" as Lunar: Dragon Song than that could potentially spell the end of the Golden Sun franchise.

Originally Posted by CHz
FF1-style battle attacks that don't retarget if the enemy dies
Quoted for truth. That was so god-damn annoying.

Edit: Oh yeah this might increase the possibility of a Golden Sun soundtrack release. A nice 4+ disc set would be good. With sound quality enhancements.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Muzza; Jul 11, 2007 at 07:20 PM.
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 07:43 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 08:43 PM #9 of 14
Eh. I played the GS games, but they always felt bland. Just like Beyond The Beyond (made by the exact same team), everything about it seemed to bleed triteness.

The DS has plenty of RPGs, but damn near all of them are boring (though Pokemon, Tales of the Tempest, and Etrian Odyssey were pretty good) or make terrible use of the touch screen. More developers should take after the PSP and port some good RPGs on the system. Ports they may be but a great game is a great game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Kesubei; Jul 11, 2007 at 07:46 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 09:09 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 08:09 PM #10 of 14
Okay, so I've been hearing that this game is fake, and that the pic is photoshopped. Anybody have any confirmation on this?

I wouldn't be surprised, since I haven't seen anything about it on any of the major gaming sites. If it does turn out to be fake, then oh well, because I wasn't terribly excited about it to begin with.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 09:20 PM #11 of 14
Now that I reread it, why would Nintendo not show it off at E3? According to the article it's supposedly mostly complete and Nintendo had a pretty sad showing today from what I've heard.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 09:39 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 07:39 PM #12 of 14
Probably faked from reasons in the two above posts and the fact that the bottom screen image is apparently the same as some GS2 official art or something.

INCREDIBLY LOW QUALITY COMPARISON SHOT

Crisis averted.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 09:56 PM #13 of 14
If this is fake then there had better be the culpret's head on my table by tomorrow morning, because that shit ain't funny. The original GS was the game that made me buy my first Nintendo handheld.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jul 12, 2007, 09:53 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2007, 12:53 AM #14 of 14
Yeah, it's fake. As if Camelot would make another Silver Moon game, they're too busy with that online golf game for PC where you spend real money to buy new virtual clubs that surely everyone is looking forward to and is not a complete waste of their time at all!

I will close this because

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Golden Sun DS!!!