Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] God of War 3 - THIS, IS, KRATOOOOOOOOOOOS

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2009, 07:27 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2009, 01:27 PM #26 of 50
Looks pretty awesome, especially the use of the training levels from TIE fighter. I'm not convinced the giant dude standing in front of the camera or the brief blast of the Jackson 5 add much to the experience though.

I should be picking up a PS3 soon-ish and I'll certainly be getting one in time for this.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2009, 03:14 AM #27 of 50
Amazon just sent me a code for the God of War 3 demo, since I had the game pre-ordered.

Just a heads up for anyone else who had the game pre-ordered through Amazon.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:58 PM #28 of 50
God of War 3 Collector's Edition. $99.99 nets you:

The Ultimate Edition will feature the following:

Exclusive Collectibles

* High-End Sculpted Replica of Pandora’s Box
* Limited-Edition God of War Art Book featuring exclusive art, content and interviews

Exclusive Digital Content (Available via PlayStation Network voucher codes on day of launch)

* God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges
* Premium Kratos Skin – Dominus
* God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary – a full-length movie documentary depicting the history of the God of War franchise
* God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
* God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 digital download).

Bonus Details

Reserve God of War III and receive a GameStop exclusive Phantom of Chaos character skin. Based on early concept art done when the God of War I team was first creating the character that would eventually become Kratos. Available online and in-store while supplies last. Note: The exclusive unlockable skin becomes available in-game when the player has completed the entire GOW III game at least once.

Online Customers: A code and instructions on how to download the skin will be emailed when the game releases.

Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: A pre-order card containing a code and instructions on how to download the skin will be available at time of reservation.

Bonus Details

Reserve God of War III and receive access to the God of War III E3 2009 Demo. Available online and in-store while supplies last.

Online Customers: A code and instructions on how to download the demo will be emailed within 1-2 business days.

Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: A pre-order card containing a code and instructions on how to download the demo will be available at time of reservation.

I might actually have to get this... that Pandora's Box is just too sexy to pass up.

Most amazing jew boots

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2009, 03:04 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2009, 02:04 PM 2 #29 of 50
The fact that practically every bonus is a fucking DLC code totally invalidates any reason to get this. Sure, the box is fuckin awesome, and it's not like I haven't bought shit just for some ballin boxes, but the pack-ins on this make me rage something fierce.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Nov 5, 2009 at 03:48 PM.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2009, 06:29 PM #30 of 50
The fact that practically every bonus is a fucking DLC code totally invalidates any reason to get this. Sure, the box is fuckin awesome, and it's not like I haven't bought shit just for some ballin boxes, but the pack-ins on this make me rage something fierce.
Agreed.

Seriously, if they gave me the box, the game, and the God of War I & II Collector's-port-thing, I'd be all of that, but sadly that's not the case.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Nov 5, 2009, 06:44 PM Local time: Nov 6, 2009, 12:44 AM #31 of 50
That box is amazing. I would consider getting that edition just for the box. And after I get it, I can then use it to store candy and shit. Just to show how hardcore I am.

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2009, 01:40 AM #32 of 50
I went ahead and pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition (as I said, that Pandora's Box is too sweet) and the way I figured, I can easily pay it off with $10 here and there before release date next year.

Pre-ordering also had it come with a code to download the demo as well as another skin for Kratos. I also believe that the God of War Collection coming out next week will have its own code to download the demo too.

The demo was the one that was played at E3 this year and even though I haven't played all of it, the game is shaping up to be fucking badass. There's new grab animations (Kratos will either pound the fuck out of someone's head until he rips it off, press them against a wall and bash their head on the wall, or just outright rip them the fuck in half). It is just as bloody and visually pleasing as you could hope for with the game.

If the way the demo turned out is any indication of how the retail game is going to be, it'll be nothing short of epic.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2009, 04:36 PM #33 of 50
Come on SCEA...

SCEE announces the God of War Ultimate Trilogy Edition.

Quote:
* God of War III
* God of War Collection (gentle reminder, this is God of War and God of War II, remastered in HD, running at 60 fps, with Trophy support, all on one Blu-ray Disc)
* Extra game content downloadable via PlayStation Network:
o God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges to complete
o Dominus character skin
o Apollo character skin
o Phantom of Chaos character skin
o Forgotten Warrior character skin

* Exclusive video content downloadable via PlayStation Network:
o God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary. This is a full-length documentary detailing the history of the God of War franchise. A must have for fans!

* Special audio bonus content:
o God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game
o God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War

* Additional content:
o Artbook
o Postcards

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2009, 04:42 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2009, 03:42 PM #34 of 50
Makes me feel a bit bad for Omagnus, as he just ordered the Collection from here and had it shipped out to him.

Most amazing jew boots
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2009, 05:30 PM #35 of 50
Ok that's some bullshit. Europe gets the actual CDs for the music and we get stuck with DLC and they get the GoW Collection too?

Ah well, maybe we'll at least get the cds too.

How ya doing, buddy?

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2009, 06:33 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2009, 11:33 PM #36 of 50
Makes me feel a bit bad for Omagnus, as he just ordered the Collection from here and had it shipped out to him.
I wouldn't feel too bad if I were you. That thing is going to be crazy expensive over here I'll bet, and the GoW Collection shipped from the US proved to be dirt cheap so I imagine it works in my favour (plus I wasn't too fussed about the GoW III CE anyways).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:39 AM Local time: Dec 18, 2009, 04:39 PM #37 of 50
I'd honestly rather just get the GoW Collection and GoW III separately, I don't see behind the scenes content and what constitutes mostly of extra character skins and a SWEET FRICKIN BOX as enough incentive to shell out so much extra money. As for the extra game mode, I'm sure it'll be its own DLC and if I want to give them a shot I'll just pay for it separately.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2010, 04:36 PM #38 of 50
3/16 is the confirmed release date.

Also, EB games is having a 4 week long contest to win different prizes (and daily prizes on top of that) in celebration of the God of War 3 release.

God of War III

Most amazing jew boots

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:34 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2010, 05:34 PM #39 of 50
oh hello :]

FELIPE NO

Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:44 AM #40 of 50
Right about now I'm wishing I had a triple.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:46 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2010, 04:46 PM #41 of 50
If only it was safe to turn on your PS3 and actually play it.

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:52 AM #42 of 50
damn it quark, why must you tease always ;_;
And it's been safe to go on the ps3 for like the past 20 hours.

New Record!
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:03 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2010, 06:03 PM #43 of 50
If only it was safe to turn on your PS3 and actually play it.
It was a clock error thinking there was a 29th in February this year, and while SCEE was looking what was going on, older console models couldn't connect to PSN, which meant everything using PSN crapped out. It's working fine now that it's the 1st.

There was no bricking, no faulty updates or anything like that. Just a bunch of people not getting to play MW2 and hyperventilating.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:22 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2010, 05:22 PM #44 of 50
Oh really, I assumed from the way the journals were full of tales of emergency phone calls across the country and losing trophies and shit that PS3ageddon had come.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:43 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2010, 06:43 PM #45 of 50
Yeah, because of the PSN problem, if you tried to launch a game using trophies, they'd crap out. Now that PSN works, you just relaunch the game, and resynch your trophies, as far as I know.

The "DO NOT TURN ON YOUR PS3, BRICKING BRICKING BRICKING UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES" that was going around was a mild hysterical exaggeration, to put it nicely.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:59 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2010, 10:59 AM #46 of 50
Depends, actually.

In some cases the things would actually not boot. The date error autocorrected and it works now, but a friend of mine was unable to access any data via the XMB for the entire day, which is pretty alarming to say the least. Thankfully it wasn't permanent, but I'd be shitting myself too if suddenly every single save file read as corrupted.

Can't blame people for getting worried, y'know.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2010, 07:27 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2010, 01:27 PM #47 of 50
Pssh, there's as much chance of this being the last game in the franchise as there is of Nintendo making three games in a row without putting Mario in one of them. Even if they do leave the story as finished now, you can expect more Chains of Olympus style prequels.

FELIPE NO
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 12, 2010, 07:36 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2010, 02:36 PM #48 of 50
They already pulled a THE END???? extra scene after the credits.

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2010, 07:38 AM #49 of 50
And plus the website they revealed after getting all trophies. God of War 3

New Record!
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2010, 07:46 AM 1 #50 of 50
Pssh, there's as much chance of this being the last game in the franchise as there is of Nintendo making three games in a row without putting Mario in one of them. Even if they do leave the story as finished now, you can expect more Chains of Olympus style prequels.
I rather like PA's take on the matter, myself:

#654: Braixen

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] God of War 3 - THIS, IS, KRATOOOOOOOOOOOS