Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

If you play a resource-intensive game on a slow laptop, will it wear out faster?

Hush and Cool
Chocobo

Member 1625

Level 14.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:25 PM Local time: Dec 31, 2012, 07:25 PM #1 of 4
If you play a resource-intensive game on a slow laptop, will it wear out faster?

I am thinking about getting far cry 3. It has high system requirements. My laptop has an intel i3 cpu and integrated intel hd 3000 graphics and 4 gb ram. I’m planning to play far cry 3 on the lowest settings and lowest resolution.

Will my laptop wear out faster and be damaged because I’m playing a resource-intensive game? Will it overheat? Will the laptop not last as long?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:38 AM #2 of 4
Uh, well it's ill-advised just b/c your experience will probably be shit. However if it's a newer i3 chip with the graphics built onto the chip it probably should be okay as long as you keep it on low settings. It's still a stupid idea since your machine is obviously not designed to play such a game. Quite honestly the only intel graphics you should ever game with is Intel HD 4000 graphics and even those are pretty shit. The next generation of Intel i5 and i7 chips along with Intel HD 4000 graphics will actually be tolerable but those won't be available until probably Winter 2013 so *shrug*. Basically get a laptop with discrete graphics (nvidia or amd whatever) and at least an i5 processor or make an actual decent gaming PC.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

RanmaTheAncient
:)

Member 791

Level 1.00

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:40 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2013, 12:40 PM #3 of 4
To answer this question:
Your computer shouldn't technically "wear out" faster, unless the build is actually crap. For instance, if your computer was not build with proper ventilation, then Far Cry will obviously run the components of your computer to its' limits. Generally, that means a LOT of heat. And if you have bad ventilation, it will potentially begin to fry your components.

As the previous poster stated, it wouldn't look good on that comp anyway.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Maris
pussy violat0r

Member 25507

Level 19.75

Oct 2007

Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:43 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2013, 10:43 PM 1 #4 of 4
type format c: for highest visual definition effect

[it also works for far cry 4]

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > If you play a resource-intensive game on a slow laptop, will it wear out faster?