Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Left 4 STOP THROWING PIPE BOMBS AT THE TANKS

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 03:31 PM #601 of 640
The problem is I'm not even playing versus, I'm just playing regular campaign or realism, and these people have it in their heads that the most fun you can have playing this game is to avoid the game itself.

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE GAME

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE GODDAMNED GAME SKEXIS

ARE YOU AWARE OF THE GAME'S NAME

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 03:48 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2010, 03:48 PM #602 of 640
Apparently everything gets louder the more it gets oversimplified.

There's certain circumstances (tank, neverending horde, etc) where one survivor is better than none at all. But these people are flat-out running without regard to anything around them. If a smoker snags them or they run face-first into a witch, and there's nobody around to help them, it's just "aw, man, cheap-ass game." But if they make it to the saferoom against all odds, then it's "jeez, I got mad game, yo."

It's taking the structure of the game and making it approach randomness. So have fun playing this and Modern Warfare 2, if that's your thing.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 04:31 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2010, 03:31 PM #603 of 640
Personally, I've seen very little evidence of the qualms being brought up in the past few posts, but then again, I avoid playing with pubbers most of the time.

Usually when I play, it's with close friend or a group of regulars that all have a firm grasp on the game itself. My advice to anyone that is having problems with the element of "randomness" in the game is to quit playing with random people. When you find someone that is good at the game and has a similar play style to your own, add them as a friend and try to play with them as much as possible. Chances are you'll end up making friends with a bunch of other people who are also rather good and play it similarly to yourself.

But really, comparing Left 4 Dead 2 and Modern Warfare 2 is pretty ridiculous.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Oh shit.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 06:36 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2010, 06:36 PM #604 of 640
But really, comparing Left 4 Dead 2 and Modern Warfare 2 is pretty ridiculous.
*shrug*

Only as much as the nade spam and exploits makes it less fun for people who are playing the game.

And then we get into the whole "if they hadn't wanted players to do it it wouldn't be in the game" which is just...I don't even know where to begin with that.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 07:13 PM #605 of 640
First, nade spam isn't nearly as prevalent in MW2 and I have to wonder if you've seriously ever played it. Seconding that comparing a FPS to a Survival game is dumb.

Second, stop crying like a woman. "Oh no some dudes on the internet played the game wrong" I assume you must be new to online gaming. Random people suck, welcome to about ten years ago.

Now I don't have a problem with "speed running" as it were because our group (Daravon, Kyndig, LeHah and myself) would do it on certain levels if we knew there was no way we'd lose the game if we all wiped. And quite frankly, that kind of shit is hilarious when everyone is in on it. Sometimes only one person makes it, maybe two, and other times one person gets tripped up at the end only to have HERO PLAYER NUMBER TWO come in to save the day. I think one time all four of us made it past a tank, and I hear L4D1 players still tell of the legend of GFF in hushed tones.

Anyway if you hate it so much find a group of coordinated people (friends) to play with and stop your whinin'.

I was speaking idiomatically.

#654: Braixen

Last edited by Tails; Jan 9, 2010 at 07:35 PM.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 07:59 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2010, 07:59 PM #606 of 640
Second, stop crying like a woman. "Oh no some dudes on the internet played the game wrong" I assume you must be new to online gaming. Random people suck, welcome to about ten years ago.
Jesus, sorry I poked your sacred cow with a stick.

"He's never played an online game before but he's complaining-- on the internet, of all things!! What a scoop! Sure hope no one's irony meter goes through the roof on this one!"

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 08:01 PM #607 of 640
Jealous because you don't have mad game: confirmed.

Most amazing jew boots

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 08:05 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2010, 08:05 PM #608 of 640
I used to have mad game

but the trade-in value was too much to turn down

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 08:10 PM #609 of 640
How can you trade in that which you never possessed to begin with?

Stop posing.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 08:17 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2010, 08:17 PM #610 of 640
So in other news the game is actually pretty good when it is played cooperatively!

It's almost as if they had laid groundwork for the game to be played as such!

I mean seriously if you agree that douchebags exist in the game and they do this consistently why are you even talking right now

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 08:19 PM #611 of 640
I used to have mad game

but the trade-in value was too much to turn down
Your mom got turned down for trade-in value, I heard.

Because you ain't got no L4D2 skills, nugget.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 08:22 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2010, 08:22 PM #612 of 640
It's true, she wasn't able to become a professional prostitute because I could not play Left 4 Dead sufficiently selfishly

Why do you go right for the heart, LeHah?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 08:23 PM #613 of 640
I mean seriously if you agree that douchebags exist in the game and they do this consistently why are you even talking right now
You see, the thing is that I realized long ago that playing with "douchebags" was a terrible idea, and thus I tend to utilize these things called "friends" to play L4D with instead.

maybe you should look into this

seems like a good idea!

How ya doing, buddy?

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 08:44 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2010, 08:44 PM #614 of 640
Sometimes you want a friend game, and sometimes you want a pick-up game. There's no argument here. I play with friends when friends allow.

It is infinitely funny to me that I'm now under FULL SCALE INVESTIGATION because I commented on the state of the community that you all seem to agree is shit.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 08:55 PM #615 of 640
Because whining about shit that everyone knows is shit is redundant and/or a waste of our time.

Go preach to the choir elsewhere nigga

Most amazing jew boots

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 08:59 PM 1 #616 of 640
Sometimes you want a friend game, and sometimes you want a pick-up game.
Sometimes you want to have sex with your beautiful girlfriend.

Sometimes you want to three dollar bareback a 50 year old Korean whore who lives down on the Greens.

I guess?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2010, 09:52 PM #617 of 640
Even on rare occasions that I've played with randoms, I've never had this specific issue. Playing with random people in ANY game is going to be a mixed bag; complaining that random people are fucking you and aren't playing the game right happens with just about every online game, that's a people issue and not a game issue.

Also hauling ass with magnums is actually how everyone I've talked to recommended getting past expert/realism campaigns.

Kyndig
Syklis Green

Member 2709

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2010, 02:34 PM #618 of 640
I just thank GOD every day that I have friends. That play games!

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2010, 01:18 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2010, 11:18 AM #619 of 640
Any of you PC people tried playing L4D2 on the 20 person maps? There's something hilariously great about two tanks rushing 10 survivors. I can't figure out if I like the pro servers better than the point servers for that mode since both tend to be a lot of fun. The only really shitty thing about point servers is how most of the Russians can't seem to figure out how it works (and there's always so many of them on the servers).

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Left 4 STOP THROWING PIPE BOMBS AT THE TANKS