Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Running DualView, what should I do?

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:28 AM #1 of 5
Running DualView, what should I do?

I just got a new graphics card as of late since I'm finally getting the pieces to finish my computer. Anyway, I always saw folks over on AVSForum running their computers on their HDTVs and wondered if I could do the same.

Problem is, I don't want to run at 1280 x 720 on a CRT just so the TV will display it. Now, zoom back up to where I got the videocard (7800). I read it can do DualView, essentially treating each monitor as a seperate physical item.

Question is, what the hell does this mean? Does each get it's own desktop, wallpaper, resolution? The last one is important, since the manual makes sure to mention what works and what doesn't. If anyone knows how this works, or has tried it, tell me what to do or what I need to know.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:18 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:18 AM #2 of 5
Yes you can independently change resolutions and they work as seperate monitors (maximimze something in one screen and it stays there).

Its nice for having games run in the TV and let your text-dependent stuff (Firefox, whatever) run on the monitor.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:21 AM #3 of 5
Originally Posted by Lukage
Yes you can independently change resolutions and they work as seperate monitors (maximimze something in one screen and it stays there).

Its nice for having games run in the TV and let your text-dependent stuff (Firefox, whatever) run on the monitor.
How exactly do I open something in one screen and not the other? I like your suggestion Lukage, that's why I'm asking.

Oh, does DualView let you tweak the horizontal and vertical frequency as well?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:24 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:24 AM #4 of 5
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
How exactly do I open something in one screen and not the other? I like your suggestion Lukage, that's why I'm asking.

Oh, does DualView let you tweak the horizontal and vertical frequency as well?
I'm assuming you've got an nVidia card. Check your display settings' properties and you'll see a special tab for it...then a whole menu inside.

EDIT:

AIM convo talkin' it over. Seems like we found out where to set your stuff how you want it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Lukage; Mar 6, 2006 at 01:32 AM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:29 AM #5 of 5
Ah, well that's about it. Thanks to Lukage explaining to me some of the ins and outs of this, I think I've got enough in order to make this happen without something dying somewhere.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Running DualView, what should I do?