Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] Dissidia: Final Fantasy Fanboy Fellating Fighting Frenzy!

ZeroSlash
HIKARI NE NARE!

Member 1662

Level 12.86

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2007, 09:42 PM #26 of 304
Hope it's not a failure like Eirgheiz (however you spell it). If the play mechanics are good, it might be a decent buy, except that I'll never find another person with a PSP to play against. It would be better to come out on DS with Wifi.
I actually enjoyed Ehrgeiz but it wasn't really a Final Fantasy fighter, just a fighter with FFVII characters to entice fanboys and girls.

But should this turn out good it'll be another reason for me to acquire a PSP on my already forming pile of other reasons. I'd be even more interested if FFIV and FFV characters as those are my two favorites at the moment. (still haven't gotten to playing FFVI yet)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 03:12 AM Local time: May 9, 2007, 10:12 AM #27 of 304
So it seems no one here has gotten the news yet, but apparently news has leaked out about this game.

Get this: It's a 3D action game starring characters from all the previous FF games.

Yes...like Smash Bros.

Confirmed characters include Zidane, Kuja, Garland, and a "Warrior of Light" from FFI.

If any of that sounds absurd, I agree with you, but let's find out.

Also, they're remaking FFIV for the DS. Yes, again.
This is basically... horrible. As if Nomura directing another game isn't bad enough, the fear of another Ergheiz is enough to throw me completely off this game. Not to note that there are FFIX characters involved, and with Nomura directing this can only mean that he will totally create his own artwork (The sight of a Nomura-Setzer is still haunting me).

ANOTHER FFIV remake? Even though I didn't really mind the GBA remake, this is really going a bit overboard.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 08:51 AM #28 of 304
Well, scans are out now of Dissidia, FFIV DS, FFXII Zodiac job system and FF:CC Ring of Fates for the DS.

Behold!

Oh yeah, Nomura redesigned all those Amano characters. Just a warning to you fans of the old designs.

Dissidia:
http://www.enregistrersous.com/image...509143435.html

Final Fantasy IV:
http://www.enregistrersous.com/image...509143020.html

Final Fantasy XII International:
http://www.enregistrersous.com/image...509143435.html

FF:CC Ring of Fates:
http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmaster...3004_0_big.jpg

How ya doing, buddy?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 09:29 AM Local time: May 9, 2007, 06:29 AM #29 of 304
Aside from the spiked hair, its not THAT far off from the originals. Heck Hero of Light looks like an Amano work despite that art by Nomura.

Zidane looks pretty hot/cute in the artwork. (Slight girlish squee)

Judging from it, it seems like the promo screens will be some Hero VS the antagonist. Squall VS Seifer? Cloud VS Sephy? (That's a HUGE given.) Tidus VS Seymour? Vaan VS Vayne? Not sure about FF6,5,4,3....

More international editions... Hope the extras are justified like Final Mix though...

I was speaking idiomatically.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; May 9, 2007 at 09:33 AM.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 09:43 AM #30 of 304
Oh hell, that actually looks pretty good. The artwork I mean. Compared to KHII Setzer, these are a huge improvement. I have better hopes for a redesigned Locke now ^_^

As for the game itself, the screenshots don't tell much so far. It's too bad I don't have a PSP, nor do I plan on getting one.

How ya doing, buddy?
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 10:45 AM #31 of 304
wow those screen are nice! and OMG I didn't know they were remake FFIV for the DS like FFIII, that's a must buy for me! FFIII on DS was so good! I hope they'll do the same for FFVI ^^

as for Nomura artwork. He didn't really redesign them, but more draw them in his own style and I like it ^^

I was hoping that FFXII would skip the international edition this time >.>

How ya doing, buddy?
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 10:53 AM #32 of 304
Dissidia and FFIV DS both look pretty awesome. I care little about CC: Ring of Fates and FFXII International? Bah! I've still yet to finish the current version before thinking about another one.

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 01:46 PM #33 of 304
Holy crap, it's real.

I don't know if you can call it a fighting game just from those shots, though. So far it has each character fight their respective villain. I suppose you can mix and match, but we'll see.

That art is pretty awesome though, especially Zidane. People will still hate it because it's Nomura, though.

I'm not as optimistic about FFIV DS. That Cecil looks....wrong.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 06:10 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 05:10 PM #34 of 304
Nomura is a fucking hack.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 06:14 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 06:14 PM #35 of 304
The last Square fighting game was a trainwreck ('sup The Bouncer). Likewise, Ehrgeiz wasn't too impressive Squenix has been on my shitlist for a while, and it's just taking up more spots at this point...

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 06:30 PM Local time: May 9, 2007, 03:30 PM #36 of 304
Nomura is a fucking hack.
He stays true to the designs, you whine, he modifies them, you whine.

Make up your minds!

How ya doing, buddy?

Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 09:56 AM #37 of 304

Make up your minds!
The issue here isn't the designs, but the fact that his style blows. As exemplified by Rikku in Light Warrior armor.

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 10:18 AM Local time: May 11, 2007, 01:18 AM 1 #38 of 304

<3

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 11:20 AM Local time: May 10, 2007, 10:20 AM #39 of 304

Make up your minds!
I know you would love to suck Nomura's cock, as indicated by the number of times you use Aqua in your theme, but why do you feel as if it's your noble mission to defend the man?

I imagine "dramatic progressive" is codeword for "LOTTA BATTLE CUTSCENES".

FELIPE NO
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 11:38 AM #40 of 304
not everyone like the same thing, as of fact, really like Nomura artwork but I also really like the art style of Amano...

I remember that before a lot of people were saying that Amano sucked too and now it seem to be the opposite...

So beside saying Nomura suck, tou should say that you don't like it...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 01:32 PM Local time: May 10, 2007, 12:32 PM #41 of 304
Nomura is awful. Nomura has always been awful. How he managed to come up with a decent design like Setzer, I'll never understand. Every fucking hero he makes needs to have odd-length pants/shorts, a chain wallet for no reason and big feet. He's a joke.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 03:26 PM #42 of 304
you don,t like his style that's all >.> other's like it

Most amazing jew boots
Interrobang

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 03:28 PM Local time: May 10, 2007, 02:28 PM #43 of 304
Where the Hell are you going with this? People have different opinions? You don't say.

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 03:29 PM #44 of 304
I'm just saying it's not because you don't like the way someone draw that automatically he suck balls at everything he do. I'm sure there's a lot of people who really like what he's doing

How ya doing, buddy?
Interrobang

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 03:36 PM Local time: May 10, 2007, 02:36 PM #45 of 304
What?

"Ppl like him" is not even an argument. If Denicalis thinks he sucks, the number of fangirls who would whine their heart out is not going to make him reconsider his position.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 03:50 PM Local time: May 10, 2007, 12:50 PM #46 of 304
Yeah, but this time I don't see much modifications in Zidane and Light warrior. So what the hell is there to complain about?

Oh right, because Zidane has anime looking eyes and looks nothing like Amano's sketch... No! It's how hes gonna look in the actual game. Amano has beautiful gorgeuos artkwork no doubt, but we all know it will lost alot of its appeal when rendered in 3D. Nomura does a sketch that looks just like how Zidane looked in FF9, only with slightly spikier hair and anime eyes, and that's enough to warrant your constant condratictory opinions? He modifies, you complain, he doesn't modify, you whine.

So what do you want? Amano's look to appear in games? We seen that done in the FF6 FMVs, and personally it lost alot of Amano's details when it goes through modelling and renderring. Amano's work should stay as sketches or graphic novel, paper artwork, put it on 3D form that needs to be ANIMATED and it will lose out alot. Now 2D animation can probably replicate his style. but 3D for gaming purposes? Not so much. Either way, its a lose situation.

So you don't like Nomura. No one cares about that. What we care is that you actually having some constructive critisim and also who you would actually wanna see designing and how you think it should be done. All this constant bashing and no actual preferences or real reasonings behind it its getting real old. To me, and deep down for alot of you, in 3D graphics, Nomura's artwork is more easier to create and won't look like ass, whereas Amano would cause alot of headaches and subsequent backlash from fans. You want a bad character design? The human characters in the new TMNT movie, now THEY look like ass. Nomura's work is subjective, but at least in a 3D look, they don't look out of place or weird.

And as for Setzer, I'm not a big fan of the new look either, but at least there are reasonings, they need him to blend in the KH2 world. If they did a replica, well, he will look so out of place.

I don't like every single Nomura design, I thought Selphie was dull to look at, and I only liked their clothes half the time. But there are characters I really liked, mostly the Org members in KH2. But at least unlike some of you, I'm don't mindless worship like some of you mindlessly bash. And flaming someone for having a different opinion? Mature. Just because someone liked something doeesn't make them a fangirl who will love every single thing, it makes them, I dunno, FANS?! Bashing fangirls or boys isn't gonna make your opinion look better.

Now either MOVE ON from this or actually post something more in your posts than just "Nomura sucks balls." You know, let people see your point of view and reasonings. If you can't do that, you had your say, now move on.

Quote:
Every fucking hero he makes needs to have odd-length pants/shorts, a chain wallet for no reason and big feet. He's a joke.
Not for Zidane and Light Warrior, have you even SEEN the image before commencing the mindless bashing?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Kairi Li; May 10, 2007 at 04:05 PM.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 04:03 PM #47 of 304
I think it's like:

"Okay, the guy did some okay designs for FF7. That's nice."

"Eh, these guys from FF8 are kinda weird, but whatever..."

"Hmm, these guys from the Bouncer and FFX look kinda like the guys from FF8. This is starting to get kinda lame."

"AHHH!!!!! Make it stop! Make it stop!"

And then it continues from there...Give the guy 1-2 games every few years to design, not most of the entire company's characters. I mean, I hate the newer Castlevania designs, but the lady who does that is relegated to just that series (and she isn't being given extensive directorial over other major company projects either), so it's not a widespread problem.

Personally, I'd love to see Amano's artwork brought to 3D. Maybe not IX (the game's ingame cast always looked goofy to me), but the sketches for FFVI were definitely nice enough to warrant consideration.

FELIPE NO
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 04:12 PM Local time: May 10, 2007, 01:12 PM #48 of 304
Personally, I'd love to see Amano's artwork brought to 3D. Maybe not IX (the game's ingame cast always looked goofy to me), but the sketches for FFVI were definitely nice enough to warrant consideration.
http://fan.revivify.net/terra/media.php

Its already been done.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 04:15 PM #49 of 304

Well, I think we've gotten to the point where it's possible to do so. Okami is a good example of a game based on a style that looks like it might not translate very well, but it turned out very well.

The ancient PS2 managed the sumi-e visuals in that game, so one of these new fangled next gen machines could handle it with ease (as well as providing larger environments to work with).

Jam it back in, in the dark.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Interrobang

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 04:19 PM Local time: May 10, 2007, 03:19 PM #50 of 304
If I wanted Amano's art translated into a game, I probably wouldn't be satisfied with a FMV montage that plays at the beginning of a ported game.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] Dissidia: Final Fantasy Fanboy Fellating Fighting Frenzy!