Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for PSP

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:27 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:27 AM #1 of 55
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for PSP

Okay, the latest news is: Lenneth, the remake of the original PS1 game, has been released in japan, on the 3rd of March in japan. There has also been reports of a Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth Original Sound Track to be released within the next week, according to RPGamer.

It appears as if the PSP version has a more polished feel, and it filled up the pixellated problems that the original PS1 version had. Unfortunately, this still isn't a good enough reason for me to buy a PSP. I'm being harsh on the handheld, with DJMAX Portable, Taiko no Tatsujin Portaboloo, Me and My Katamari and now Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth been released, but eh, I don't know.

On the plus side, the game looks really good. I'm not sure if there's any new word on additions being in the remake or not, but there's clearly new CG movies which we haven't seen from the original.

The chances of this being released in america are high. Will you be buying it? Alot of people can't get a copy of the original, as it's difficult to find, so this would be a great chance for gamers to experience the first before the sequel arrives later this year.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Tequila
I got a signature.

Member 244

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:25 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 05:25 PM #2 of 55
Aside from the new CG scenes that replace the ugly anime videos that were a part of the PSX version, there are also new in-game scenes exclusively made for the PSP version in order to establish a better connection to the pre-sequel Silmeria.

Let's hope that it, if it's going to be released stateside, sells better than the original version. Maybe they could also crop out the few really bad voice actors and replace them with better ones, but I guess that won't happen. The English Tales of Eternia PSP version also didn't get much justice considering a re-translation and re-dubbing...

Most amazing jew boots
I'm a placeholder. I'm there to unnecessarily waste your bandwith and annoy the shit out of you. Too bad that I'm too small to make any difference.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:37 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 10:37 AM #3 of 55
Unfortunately, this title nor its PS2 sequel are showing any pre-order availability at EB's computers, so still nothing regarding its American release.

Having never played the original PS1 title and ultimately regretting it, I'm excited to see a polished version coming to my favorite handheld. With titles like Kingdom of Paradise, the two Megaman games, Ys: Ark of Napishtm and now Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, I'm more than satisfied with my system's current and future library.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Ashram
Syklis Green

Member 1056

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:55 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:55 PM #4 of 55
Originally Posted by Tequila
Aside from the new CG scenes that replace the ugly anime videos that were a part of the PSX version....
Well, I for one thought the anime is far better then the CG that is now in the game. The intro to the PSX game was outstanding IMO so I'm a little disapointed that those are now replaced. On the other hand, only the intro was anime and there was no other anime-scenes in the game so I guess these new CG-scenes are better then nothing.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Vkamicht
Chocobo

Member 431

Level 12.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:01 PM #5 of 55
I thought the anime intro in the original game was a little weird, the quality was pretty bad and some of the animation didn't match the character designs (but then again, half of the in-game sprites didn't either.)

The only thing I care about in VP:L are the links to VP:S that are added. On the VP:L website they show a couple of pictures that looks like there will be a CG scene to link the two games together. Silmeria is so hot.

How ya doing, buddy?
Ashram
Syklis Green

Member 1056

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:25 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:25 PM #6 of 55
Well, no official confirmation but S-E did register both games so they have every intention to bring them to the US.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?...ate=tl4pj4.9.1
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?...ate=tl4pj4.6.1

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:46 PM #7 of 55
Ooh, this is sick! I never thought that I would get a PSP and now look at me. I'm getting this on right on release date if ever, since I was really stupid and sold off the original VP when I finally got an Angel Slayer and Lenneth was level 99.

However, I expect it to be more than just a port. Those 3D scenes look sick, but I need something more than the Seraphic Gate and insane demon hamsters destroying battle hardened warriors. I'm looking forward to the Great Magic PWSs to be retouched from the pixelly versions, and basically edge enhancement all around if they can make those 3D scenes.

FELIPE NO
ZeroSlash
HIKARI NE NARE!

Member 1662

Level 12.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:08 PM #8 of 55
I've sadly never played the PS1 version of this game but after playing Star Ocean 2 and 3 I want to play any and all tri-ace games. I haven't picked up Radiata Stories yet but that's beside the point.

Now I'm starting to get a few good reasons to get a PSP sometime this year. Those reasons being this, Generations of Chaos and Blade Dancer.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by ZeroSlash; Mar 5, 2006 at 10:41 PM.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:21 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:21 PM #9 of 55
You know, I've played VP since 2001 and finished it a couple of times.

But seriously here, I'd be tickled pink if it comes out in the U.S. I'd seriously have another reason to use my PSP again besides from defunct moments bought to you by Kingdom of Paradise.

Simply enough, this will keep me busy when times I'm not studying.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:07 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:07 PM #10 of 55
Originally Posted by ZeroSlash
I've sadly never played the PS1 version of this game but after playing Star Ocean 2 and 3 I'm want to play any and all tri-ace games. I haven't picked up Radiata Stories yet but that's beside the point.

Now I'm starting to get a few good reasons to get a PSP sometime this year. Those reasons being this, Generations of Chaos and Blade Dancer.
Don't worry, you're really not missing out on much if you decide never to bother with Radiata Stories.

It's better than sleeping pills, I swear.

How ya doing, buddy?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:35 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 08:35 PM #11 of 55
Originally Posted by Ashram
Well, I for one thought the anime is far better then the CG that is now in the game. The intro to the PSX game was outstanding IMO so I'm a little disapointed that those are now replaced. On the other hand, only the intro was anime and there was no other anime-scenes in the game so I guess these new CG-scenes are better then nothing.
Indeed, I liked the great but brief intro movie, which Production I.G. did the animation for. However, the CG also looks pretty good and I'd understand if they have to lop off the anime since having both mediums of animation in the game plus the in-game sprites wouldn't really mesh well. Unfornately, since I have the PSX version and am not a big fan of portable gaming, Lenneth may have to slip by my wanted list. Silmeria will probably fill this "void".

- What we all do best -
Tyr
Carob Nut

Member 852

Level 6.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:43 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 09:43 PM #12 of 55
Someone uploaded all the CG videos on another board I'd thought I share. I warn you though its in pmf format, which i think is something specific for PSP. I haven't downloaded it myself so i don't if something like Mplayer will play it. Guess I will leave it for others here with faster connections.

http://www.enixfans.com/html/vp/temp..._movie_rip.rar

Most amazing jew boots
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:05 AM #13 of 55
...Generations of Chaos...
Rethink your decision.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:51 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:51 AM #14 of 55
Originally Posted by Elixir
Don't worry, you're really not missing out on much if you decide never to bother with Radiata Stories.

Shitload better than Star Ocean 3, at least.

I might pick it up. If the new connections to VP2 come in non-CG form, I will be very excited.

EDIT: Downloaded the rar file. The videos are in PMF, so yes, they're for PSP. You can download some codecs to play the format on Windows, but there's no audio and the framerate is inconsistent as hell. If anyone knows of a way to convert it into mpeg or avi or something, do let us know.

EDIT 2: Okay, what the shit. Only one of those CG videos had any sort of tie-in to Silmeria, and all it was was a CG of Alicia running up to the guillotine at Barbarossa's execution.

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Mar 6, 2006 at 04:44 AM.
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:03 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 03:03 PM #15 of 55
Originally Posted by Elixir

Radiata stories really wasn't that bad, the only problem was that it could get boring as hell when you had to recruit 50+ characters because you didn't bother in the beginning. I rather liked the game's story (human side), and graphically everything was ok. Also one of the few games that made me laugh a few times since Jack's a pretty cool character.

I still don't see why people would get this game if they have the original already, it's not like they made some groundbreaking changes, only cleaned it up where it was necessary. Does the game have voice acting btw?

FELIPE NO
Ryunam
As bright as a pumpkin

Member 158

Level 11.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:08 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:08 PM #16 of 55
I've only briefly played the original, but if this remake ultimately reaches the U.S.' shores I may be inclined to finally buy a PSP. From what I've gathered from my scarse experience with the original, the game has a very dense and fascinating style and good gameplay devices.

And no doubt it looks really intriguing in this new graphical enhancement. So, I'm all for it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Vkamicht
Chocobo

Member 431

Level 12.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:10 AM #17 of 55
Off topic, but Radiata Stories is the only tri-Ace game that wasn't headed by Yoshiharu Gotanda, which explains the sucking.

Most amazing jew boots
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:46 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 10:46 AM #18 of 55
Originally Posted by Jazzflight
Rethink your decision.
...Generation of Chaos...
Damn, Jazz beat me to it. Zero, please don't buy Generation of Chaos. I can't really afford to go to your and knock some sense into you, so just take our advice. It's a bad game. It doesn't like Maverick Hunter X does.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:59 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:59 PM #19 of 55
I would buy a PSP for this game. I hear tons of good things about it, and the PSP doesn't really have a killer app for me yet, but this would do it.

That or Konami's Suikoden 2 re-release. Goddammit, I want that to be here.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 05:11 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 05:11 PM #20 of 55
I know. That's really un-fucking-fair of Konami to hoard that in Japan and not release it here, while instead choosing to release the fucktard bastard children that Suikoden 4 and Tactics are.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 03:36 PM #21 of 55
Suikoden IV is a perfectly acceptable dungeon crawler and Suikoden Tactics is considered by many to be an above-average Strategy-RPG.

It would have been nice if they had included some fancier extras in the compilation, since maybe then I could get excited for a port. Of course, seeing as I own both titles on the Playstation, it may just be me.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Yunuyei
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 8371

Level 1.34

Jun 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 05:57 AM Local time: Jun 27, 2006, 10:57 AM #22 of 55
Oh man...you have problems.
i'm living in germany and so it needs yeras until weg get the games.
Until yet there are only two rpgs on the market. Bof§ and tales of eternai and tey are in english...

I have the valkyrie profile for the psone and i love this game.
Have they had it realesed yet?

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 08:49 AM Local time: Jun 27, 2006, 06:49 AM #23 of 55
What I'd like to know is if they'll be using some of the arranged tracks instead of the OST. The arranged tracks just rock of pure awesome, and I think are a step above the OST. Seeing from one of the first trailers, "Sky Gate" was replaced by "Requiem to a Predicament / Doorway to Heaven". If this were true, holy shit I'd actually love flying from one area to the next. Enter dungeon for 2 time periods? Yes please! Actually, I'm not sure if this was replaced or not, seeing that the trailer was just CG, rather than the overworld map where the Sky Gate theme is supposed to be played.
Even if the regular battle music was updated with the arranged with the "Fighting the Shadowy Gods - Arranged Version", damn, I'd be very happy.

How ya doing, buddy?

- What we all do best -
Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:30 AM #24 of 55
In the Japanese version, the music is the same as the original. No additions from the Arrange album.

It also would appear that the dub for the English version will remain the same, and there've been reports that Megan Hollingshead will reprise her role as Lenneth for the new CGI cutscenes.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:30 PM #25 of 55
I think the English voices were just fine, so there shouldn't be any problems in scrambling to find a new voice cast or anything just for a port. Of course, I wonder if there's an option hear the Japanese voices too.

As long as they don't replace Confidence in the Domination with it's Voice Mix counterpart, or anything funky like that. Goddness, that was terrible!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for PSP