Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Sports you play

TRZD
i'm rappity rappin'

Member 391

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 06:32 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:32 AM #1 of 61
Sports you play

What sports do you actively take part in? How high a level do you play at, or do you play just for fun? What is your favourite sport to play?

Personally, I love football (soccer). I wouldn't say I'm particularly good, but I tend to play with my mates at least once a week, as well as us being signed up to a weekly 6-a-side league run by the university. Our team kinda suck, we're 3rd bottom out of 12 teams after about 15 games and might have even fallen a place after the tables get updated for this Wednesday, but it's all pretty fun. It's pretty much the only sport I play these days and therefore naturally my favourite, although I occasionally go swimming (only recreationally though). Also used to enjoy tennis and somewhat cricket but I haven't played either for quite a while now.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:39 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 05:39 PM #2 of 61
I have played baseball since T-ball. That's around the age of five, and I have played ever since then. Right now, I play for the local travel Colt League team, as well as my JV high school team. I play first base, so there's always a lot of action. I'm a pretty good hitter, as well, and I bat fourth in the order. Such a relaxing game, really.

I also play a little bit of golf in the summer. My gradpa always takes me out, and he's a really good golfer. He was scratch, up until recently, and he still maintains a sub-10 handicap. It's always fun to play with him because he is so knowledgable, and can teach me a lot.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:51 PM #3 of 61
I actively played baseball from junior high until the end of highschool.When I came to the states for Uni, the fact that baseball is seasonal, really put a damper on wanting to get involved, so i just said fuck it.

I still practice Judo and go to meetings once a week and will be participating in a local competition in shizuoka city when i go back to japan for the summer.

How ya doing, buddy?
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:45 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 08:45 PM #4 of 61
I've played a little first base myself. Not on a team currently, but in the summer I try to organize as many pick-up games as possible.
I recently tried squash and was surprised at how fun it is. I'm usually not much for racquet sports, especially when you have to pay to use courts, but that's a damn entertaining game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:23 PM #5 of 61
I played baseball for 7 years way back when. Played the outfield and 1st base one year. Then, a year before high school, I switched to hockey for two years playing defensemen. During HS, I played football, switching from TE, LB, to DE.

I was speaking idiomatically.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:52 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:52 PM #6 of 61
Originally Posted by Iwata
I actively played baseball from junior high until the end of highschool.When I came to the states for Uni, the fact that baseball is seasonal, really put a damper on wanting to get involved, so i just said fuck it.

I still practice Judo and go to meetings once a week and will be participating in a local competition in shizuoka city when i go back to japan for the summer.
Hell, I play baseball in the spring (from March until July), in the fall (from September until November), and I practice and train most of the winter.

How ya doing, buddy?
samari
Psychedelic.

Member 742

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:53 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:53 PM #7 of 61
My main sport I play is tennis. Haven't gotten a chance to play much of it recently (since I live out in the middle of nowhere), but I'll jump at any chance I have to play. I was on my high school's varsity team, and I consider myself a decent player..still have alot to work on though =)

I also play golf every couple of months. It's supposed to be relaxing and fun, which it usually is, but since I have trouble hitting the ball up in the air sometimes, it can get frustrating. But I still enjoy it, since I always golf with friends or family.

FELIPE NO
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:14 AM #8 of 61
Originally Posted by Capo
Hell, I play baseball in the spring (from March until July), in the fall (from September until November), and I practice and train most of the winter.
When i was in HS, we played year-round and practiced from 3pm to 9pm everyday during the school days and on non-school days we practiced from 10 am till 9 pm. It is the reason japanese people are good at baseball, every school's baseball club dedicates their life to the sport.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:15 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:15 PM #9 of 61
Originally Posted by Iwata
When i was in HS, we played year round and practiced from 3pm to 9pm everyday during the school days and on non-school days we practiced from 10 am till 9 pm. It is the reason japanese people are good at baseball, every school's baseball club dedicates their life to the sport.
Wow, I thought I played a lot. Now that is dedication.

Robiz
I bring nothing to the table

Member 47

Level 7.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:12 AM #10 of 61
During high school I played football as a left tackle. Had some of my best memories from high school playing my freshman year.

One of the best would have to be during my freshman year. We were really getting our ass's kicked bad, I mean really bad. The offensive line just wasn't getting it done at all. I was best friends with our QB at the time and I couldn't help but feel pretty bad as he had been put on his ass the last two plays in a row.

He took a really big hit and I can remember him jumping up and running back to the huddle covered in mud, with a big chunk of dirt sticking out from his helmet. He looked at his wrist band and got really wide eyed and said "I can't read this, somebody else call a play" I leaned over and called a running play on 3rd and god only knows. I just figured it was best to not kill the man. Despite our humiliating defeat I think that's the best story I have from my 4 years playing. Makes me laugh every time.

These days I really don't play many sports outside of pool and bowling.

Can I borrow a feeling?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:18 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:18 PM #11 of 61
Oh man I love pool. At my dad's house, we have a table where the dining room table should be, and I play all of the time. I got a nice MacGregor (I think. Something with a shamrock logo) and have been working on my game the last few months. It seems to be paying off quite nicely, too, as I can hustle a bit and have made over $100 in the last month from it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:14 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:14 PM #12 of 61
When I was in high school I played soccer and basketball extensively, but now that I'm in college it's really difficult to juggle sports, as well as your major/emphasis courses. So I'm currently waiting until I get a semester of classes I can easily pass so I'll have enough extra time to devote myself to at least one of the two sports I play.

JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:00 PM #13 of 61
I used to play baseball. I wasn't too bad either. Now I run track, but my main focus is tennis. I've been playing for about 8 or 9 yearsand I'm going to hold one of the singles spots on the varisty team soon.

Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:15 PM #14 of 61
I play hockey. I play as a ceneter with two of my teams and both wing and defence with the other.. I was the Captain of my HS team all three years I played and I am now playing for my university. I also am part of a boys house league team and a women's shinney league, I referee and I used to coach, but it took up too much of my time. I love to wacth and cheer on my local NHL team, the Ottawa Senators (who are doing very well this season). I also play soccer whenever I get the opportunity and I tried to get into rugby a little while back but it never really caught on with me.

it may sound like I'm bragging and maybe I am a little but I'm allowed considering hockey is the only thing I actually can do well.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Baaah~
Rocca
is Finding Forever.

Member 609

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:23 PM #15 of 61
Have been playing basketball in organized inter city leagues for the past 10 to 12 years. I've been coaching 8 to 10 year olds since I was 12 years old (just real mature is all), won 10 provincial championships, MVP of the year twice, always plays in the All-Star games (just charity games to put on a good show). It's fun. I play just about every other sport, but for the time being, basketball is the only one I love and can focus on. I also dunk like there's no tomorrow.

FELIPE NO

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:28 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 09:28 PM #16 of 61
Football/soccer. I'm not particularly good either, but it's always for fun, right? I'd love to play rugby, but it's very unpopular in Germany. There are many homosexual people who play volleyball here, though!

Shinimegami
Succexy

Member 1145

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:33 PM #17 of 61
Soccer!!!

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:28 PM #18 of 61
I'll shoot hoops on occasion with friends.

I love to play tennis and golf with friends as well, it's fun. I'll play soccer/football every so often, but I'm not as good as I use to be...

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:38 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:38 PM #19 of 61
I played soccer and baseball from when I was four until shortly after highschool, at which point I didn't really have the time to invest in them anymore and stopped playing more than recreationally. I was involved in track and field and cross-country running throughout those years as well.

I wrestled for quite a few years, but stopped earlier in highschool 'cause I started to get cramped for time with other extracurricular activities, like acting and student leadership classes.

I never played hockey competitively as a kid, but I did skate a lot and played recreationally with buds. The last couple years I got talked into playing roller hockey with them, and though it was alright I miss skating on ice so I'm going to try to get back into that this year, if I have the time.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Son of Wiseness
Chocobo

Member 367

Level 10.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 08:01 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 07:01 PM #20 of 61
I'm on a team for Soccer. But I play basketball/football of my own free will. For baseball though I go to games and watch them on televison, just the White Sox though.

kiseki
~power of smile~

Member 1382

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:56 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 08:56 PM #21 of 61
Tennis is my favorite sport, and I have been playing it for almost five years.
I only play singles because I suck in communicating with my partner, especially when he/she misses after a long rally; those mistakes make me want to smack him/her in the face with my raquest.

However, I enjoy almost all kinds of sports which includes no interaction of bodies. I just don't want to get hurt while playing sports.

dragonraver
Wark!

Member 1525

Level 1.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 06:01 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 04:01 AM #22 of 61
I used to swim for my high school team, but the coach "corrected" my kick for breaststroke. Part way into that season, my knee was hurting pretty badly, so I stopped swimming for the team, and went to the doctor. From there, I was told to lay off competitve swimming for a while and so I'm just a rec. swimmer now, as I'm not supposed to push myself for competition swimming yet.

I also used to play badminton for the high school but since swimming and badminton were in the same season, I stopped playing competitively for swimming. I still play sometimes, but my knee's been bothering me.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:17 AM #23 of 61
Originally Posted by kiseki
Tennis is my favorite sport, and I have been playing it for almost five years.
I only play singles because I suck in communicating with my partner, especially when he/she misses after a long rally; those mistakes make me want to smack him/her in the face with my raquest.
I've only been playing Tennis for about two years. I'm not bad, though I'm not amazingly great either. I love playing doubles, I always find myself playing doubles more often than singles - I guess it's because you don't have to cover such a wider area by yourself and if something happens you can blame the other person lol.

FELIPE NO
kiseki
~power of smile~

Member 1382

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:13 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 09:13 AM #24 of 61
Originally Posted by Ryuu
I guess it's because you don't have to cover such a wider area by yourself and if something happens you can blame the other person lol.
I agree to your firts point, where in doubles, you don't have to move much as you will do in singles. But when you go to a state/sectional/national level, doubles becomes pretty difficult. So it really depends on the level you play, I guess.

In your second point, I will also play doubles if I can blame my partner. I don't play doubles because I CAN'T DO THAT!!!!!

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:06 PM #25 of 61
Basketball is my favourite sport to watch and to play. I love the game too much. I don't even need a hoop to enjoy basketball. If I have a bad day (or a good day), I can just take my ball, go somewhere, just dribble around and freestyle -- it always makes me feel better.

I also like track (sprints). There's nothing quite like powering your way down the track as fast as you can.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Sports you play