Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

New Chaokaze album: Japan Terminus

AlphaDeus
[ IKZ ]

Member 580

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2014, 06:38 AM 1 #1 of 9
Thanks for putting it on Bandcamp. I commented on your journal (saw your response ^^), and at the time, I think it was only on itunes, so I could only listen to the samples. I'm listening to the whole thing now, and will let you know thoughts in this comment, which will be posted when I listen to all the songs.

Track 1 is awesome. Love the instruments, and how the guitar comes in, which also sounds amazing. The instruments have a very polished sound, very professional. And the song itself is great.

Track 2, again, love the guitar, and the metal mixed in with the more peaceful instruments. I'm really digging the ambiance/atmosphere. I personally write melodic music, and it's nice to hear music you can put on in the background, and just drift ^^

Track 3, beginning feels like a movie, which is of course good :P These instruments, and how you use them, phenomenal.

I'll keep listening, and let you know about the other tracks, but based on the samples, and hearing the full 3 first songs (on 4th now), I know they're all going to be awesome. I'm not one to criticize music, so I apologize if I'm not able to offer any critiques. I love music, and this is something that I hope to pick up when I have the funds, which should be the beginning of next month. I'm also going to share with my friends. I really like it.

How ya doing, buddy?
AlphaDeus
[ IKZ ]

Member 580

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2014, 07:03 AM #2 of 9
Track 7 is about to end, still an awesome ride. I can't describe how nice the songs are. I love instrumentals, and the mix of different styles, and the arpeggios, along with the kickass guitar, excellent sounds. I checked your journal briefly and saw you mention Shreddage II. I only have the first one (pretty sure it's the first), but it is definitely an awesome instrument.

What other instruments/libraries do you use? I'm a big fan of NI Komplete (have 8 Ultimate), Nexus 2, Omnisphere, Plogue Chipsounds for 8-bit, and a ton of sample libraries, both loops, and Kontakt stuff (Morphestra Generations, 8dio libraries, Synergy X, Kirk Hunter Strings, etc).

I don't really know much about music, but I think it's sometimes better. When I try to study theory, it kind of takes a bit of fun away. It's nice understanding what I've been doing (I used to write music in odd time signatures without realizing it), but now that I understand more, it's also a bit more difficult to "restrict" myself to scales/time signatures. I think my older music was more "discovery" versus "experience and experimentation" I do now.

I never heard of Panic Division or Yuyoyuppe. The metal parts remind me of some good bands I learned about from playing Guitar Hero/Rock Band (not good with names). Some of the instrumentation reminds me of the album Secret of Mana+, which is a single track medley about 49 minutes long, by the composer, Hiroki Kikuta.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Tags
ambient, Chaokaze, djent, electronic, Japan Terminus, metal, progressive metal

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > New Chaokaze album: Japan Terminus