Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Need some advice on my game music

FPI
Dreamlander

Member 599

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2008, 02:00 PM Local time: May 3, 2008, 07:00 PM #1 of 5
Need some advice on my game music

First, I hope this is this the right board to post this, if not feel free to move it.

Anyway, I'm working on a hack for Super Mario World for a while now, and since everything else is completed, I started working on the soundtrack for it. Overall it will consist of original compositions, but also some arrangements, mostly of mario game music.

So, the last time I posted some of my music on the internet was many many years ago and at the time I was told that I had the talent of putting a lot of stuff together which just doesn't fit or something. And of course I don't want to ruin the game with crappy music, so I would love to get some advice/comments/suggestions/whatever, and I thought this place would be probably the best to get some opinions. I don't need any professional analyses, but if there are some major flaws with it or other obvious problems I sure would love to know.

So far, I've finished the overworld tracks. Next step would be the level music, but before I get into that, I think it would nice to find out what people think of the music so far.

>>Here<< you can get what I have so far. (Title screen & Overworld/Submap tracks)

>>And here<< can you find a preview video which also features the new castle music, the first level-music track I've finished some while ago. Please let me know what you think!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FPI
Dreamlander

Member 599

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2008, 04:53 AM Local time: May 12, 2008, 09:53 AM #2 of 5
Wow, I don't think I can handle that much response.
Thanks for the help, I guess.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2008, 01:15 PM Local time: May 12, 2008, 11:15 AM #3 of 5
If you are doing composition, maybe you can try concert hall?

Since Creator's Cafe has been pretty dead lately.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2008, 01:39 PM Local time: May 12, 2008, 12:39 PM #4 of 5
You'd probably get a higher chance of receiving responses if you cross-posted this thread to GGMD or My Stuff also, since that's where all the VGM gurus are.

I haven't downloaded + listened to what you posted yet (typing from school right now), but I will once I get home and I'll let you know what I think.

Most amazing jew boots
FPI
Dreamlander

Member 599

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2008, 10:02 AM Local time: May 14, 2008, 03:02 PM #5 of 5
I see your point. Actually I thought about it at first but don't wanted to fill this thread with endless "OMG wrong forum" posts. Anyway, I'm almost done with the level music also, so I might as well start a new thread with more content in GGMD, with the hope it works out better, lol.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > Need some advice on my game music