Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

World War Z

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 05:19 PM #1 of 4
World War Z

I'm not much of a big book reader, but this is one amazing book! I got a new job that has a lot of downtime, so I've been reading this. The author is Max Brooks (I hear he's the son of Mel Brooks). He also wrote "The Zombie Survivial Guide". This one has a much more serious tone though. Basically its a "what if" situation where a war vs the undead breaks out. It takes place 10 years afterwards. It is made to come off like a documentary. A collection of fictional stories for things like: what caused the breakout, why did people ignore warnings, how did people deal with it, how the fighting went down, etc... According to IMDB, there's a movie coming out for it in 2008. Brad Pitt's production company (Plan B) had to fight for the rights of it against Leonardo DiCaprio's prodcution company (Appian Way). IMO a mini series would be better. Something along the lines of the way Band of Brothers was. Either way, I HIGHLY recommend this book. Even if you aren't a big reader, give this book a chance!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
wingz198
The Altered State of Drugachusettes

Member 1381

Level 1.60

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:59 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 09:59 PM #2 of 4
I've been wanting to read this book (along with his first one) since seeing it as a recommendation on an Amazon.com page for Fitzpatrick's War, a book that I really like and which, I guess, is written in a similar way.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
doodle
fingertips

Member 579

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:13 PM #3 of 4
I downloaded this in e-book format yesterday, spent the entire day reading it. Thoroughly engrossing and fascinating, some of the stories could and (in my opinion) should be expanded into novellas or full novels. Each and every story leaves my mind reeling with the possibilities, especially the two situated in Japan that concern the blind survivor of Hiroshima and the shut-in student.

Spoiler:
My favourite story has to be the Donder Party-esque story of the girl going north with her parents to Canada.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by doodle; Nov 28, 2006 at 11:29 PM.
Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:05 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 02:35 AM #4 of 4
I've been meaning to read that, my best friend is reading it right now, and he tells me it kicks ass. I also recommend 2 books by author Brian Keene, his 2 part series The Rising, and its sequel City of the Dead

Most amazing jew boots

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > World War Z