Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Kororinpa, the game with the greatest box art ever

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:20 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 09:20 PM #1 of 20
Kororinpa, the game with the greatest box art ever

Also the game with the balls rolling around mazes! That's pretty much it! Roll happy themed balls around to the exit, collect some stuff along the way, avoid traps, fall off the edges, set your face to frown, try again. Simplistic awesome power. This was a launch title in Japan, I think it sold like four and a half copies. Just edging out sales of Wing Island, Necro-Nesia and Zelda. So it's pretty cool that they're bothering with American and PAL releases! Nintendo themselves will be releasing this in PAL regions late February (except Kangarooland and Kiwiland which get it early March at a budget price to boot). It's been confirmed somewhere on the internet that Hudson will release it in America, but no set date. Shouldn't be too long after the PAL version I'd imagine.

Like Super Monkey Ball, you tilt the actual level rather than move the ball Marble Madness style. But unlike SMB, you can flip the whole bloody level upside down if you want to. You'll probably need to in order to access parts of later levels, I dunno. There's a number of different balls as the exciting box reveals, all handle differently (tee hee), including a football, which will probably be a bitch to move. Also there's remixed music of older Hudson games like Star Soldier in it! HERE ARE SOME JPEG'S.

<3<3<3

My only fear is that I'll be complete shit at it. I'm a real spaz at Banana Blitz, I still can't get used to controlling that with the Wii controller. ;__; Some of the many balls in the game!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:31 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 09:31 PM #2 of 20
Ha, reminds me of a more cheerful version of Kula World (Roll Away). Looks like it's gonna be lots of fun. Lots and lots of excruciating fun. I'll be sure to keep a look out for this one.

Nice balls there, by the way. =O

o 4-leaved clover i founded u!!!!1

Lemme guess: this thread was a contest to see who could find it first. Am I right? =D

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Muzza; Jan 26, 2007 at 06:37 AM.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 07:03 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 02:03 PM #3 of 20
3+ lol, the pig-head-rolling content was deemed too violent for ages 0-3.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 07:13 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 10:13 PM #4 of 20
Dead animals used for such an event are too hardcore for them.

Originally Posted by Muzza
o 4-leaved clover i founded u!!!!1

Lemme guess: this thread was a contest to see who could find it first. Am I right? =D
Yes! =D

THE BIG RIGS PRIZE!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Pez

Member 4367

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 07:45 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 11:45 PM #5 of 20
Lol. Cute AND a little disturbing. Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if I'll get this: I never had the patience to succeed at ball rolling games.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 07:57 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 01:57 PM #6 of 20
You'll forgive me if I'm not exactly surprised by this game. It seems like there will be a lot of games of this nature on the Wii. Until developers figure out what they want to do with the Wiimote, this is a nice easy option. Archer Maclean's Mercury would be an obvious port, too. Don't get me wrong though... I would probably play this game if I could get a Wii.

Most amazing jew boots
Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:30 PM #7 of 20
I remember seeing that Wii demoteaser for a whole bunch of games; none caught my attention as much as this one. Level design is what I'm worried about a bit, from what I'm seeing, aside from a bunch of turns, I'm not seeing too much variety. If the gameplay is good, though, I might not even care.

FELIPE NO
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Feb 2, 2007, 08:04 PM Local time: Feb 3, 2007, 11:04 AM #8 of 20

YOU RUINED IT AMERICA, YOU RUINED IT

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Old Feb 2, 2007, 08:35 PM #9 of 20
We're not sorry for what we're good at.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2007, 08:59 PM Local time: Feb 2, 2007, 08:59 PM #10 of 20
Marble Madness? NO! MANIA!

loool. Rolling balls. 'Sup KatamarWII~

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2007, 09:23 PM Local time: Feb 3, 2007, 03:23 PM #11 of 20
Oh man that box art is awesome. I see mushrooms so there's no question as to whether or not I'll be buying it.

Hopefully this will be as fun and long lasting as Kula World.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 03:59 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 09:59 PM #12 of 20
Looks like europe gets this game today. Aus/NZ won't be getting it until the first or second of march.

YouTube Video

DO WANT. This game is basically bringing Labyrinth into consoles, which is great. My mother had one of these (still does) which I used to play with when I was younger. It was very hard.

But yeah, looking forward to this title. It'll be my first Wii title, actually. I'm surprised I've lived on Virtual Console and TP (GC) for so long. But hey, some of the VC games are totally worth it (TOEJAM AND EARRRRRRRRL) so whatever. Kororinpa looks insanely addictive, and the music kicks ass.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Elixir; Feb 24, 2007 at 04:03 AM.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 05:43 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 08:43 PM #13 of 20
Oh no @ American box art.

Oh yes @ gameplay (footage). I'm planning on getting this game too, Elixir. It reminds me of a mix between Kula World and Kuru Kuru Kururin; seeing as I adore both of those games I see no reason why I should dislike this one.

Most amazing jew boots
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 11:11 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 09:11 AM #14 of 20
The rest of the world is getting this now and America isn't getting it until September?? What the fuck.

This game looks like a ton of fun, I'll definitely be picking this up when I can.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
and Brandy does her best to understand
Twilight's Twin
Deicidal Maniac

Member 16068

Level 6.05

Nov 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 02:54 AM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 02:54 AM #15 of 20
JESUS FUCK TIMES, why does it seem to be the goal of every American publisher to RUINIFY BOX ART. How fucking stupid are they? They still think they have to have goofy, over-explanations for box covers. Don't they fucking UNDERSTAND that if you have a quirky cover THAT makes someone pick up the box to see what it's all about? When you have a quirky game, you give it a clever cover because THAT ties the average consumer mind to Katamari Damacy which is probably the most prolific "cult" title of all time.

*huff puff*

Okay. I guess it was pretty dumb to flip out over just box art, but after seeing the great PAL art, and scroll scroll scrolling down to that.. that.... FILTH, I just lost it for a minute.

FELIPE NO
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 03:05 AM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 09:05 PM #16 of 20
Yeah it looks like america's gonna get raped over this game. It's out in europe, it comes out in Aus/NZ in a week, and they're not getting it until september with bad box art. Something tells me it won't sell well over there.

But! I don't mind. Why? More for us down here. <3

How ya doing, buddy?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 06:23 AM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 11:23 AM #17 of 20
It's just a case of PAL territories getting a decent end of the stick for once. Excite Truck came out here last week - Three months later than the rest of the world - And we don't even have a release date for Trauma Center yet.

Still, I'd rather have Trauma Center than this... If it's a budget title I don't have much reason to not pick it up, though, so it's on the maybe list.

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 07:32 AM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 10:32 PM #18 of 20
Bah, so what that Excite Truck got a massive delay, and that Metal Slug is delayed even further, who cares that the likes of Trauma Center and Super Swing Golf will likely never get a PAL release, we got SUPER FRUIT FALL for Wii. That's PAL exclusive baby, won't find that hot piece of digital .. sun.. (?) on an American Wii, no sir. No full price direct port of a shit Flash game for you guys, aw haw haw haw haw MISSIN' OUT!

But yeah holy shit, Kororinpa. So mine next week. I will rub it on my crotch. In the store.

Toma
Pu.Li.Ru.La

Member 987

Level 11.46

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 01:25 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 11:25 AM #19 of 20
This looks wonderful. I too used to love playing Labyrinth, so I'll probably get this when it comes out in the US if I've succumbed to buying a Wii at that point.

no more signature
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 08:04 AM Local time: Mar 1, 2007, 11:04 PM #20 of 20
Oh God this game is so cute and totally relaxing. The controls are really smooth, the board tilting isn't as jerky as it is in Banana Blitz. I'm up to the third world so far, the city (during the day) and the levels are getting pretty tricky now. You really have to take a lot of risks, trying to jump over stuff and such. There's a massive potential for crazy shortcuts, what with being able to flip the board upside down, WOOOOSH. There are times when you'll need to hit a wall, then tilt the board so that it becomes the floor, fun stuff. Sometimes it breaks the wrist just a tad though.

You basically just collect all the red crystals in the level as fast as you can, there's no time limit really, but naturally the faster you go the more stuff you'll unlock (music, new balls, new secret levels). Each level also has a green crystal usually hidden in some impossible location, making you do mental things to try and reach it. Apparently when you collect ALL OF THEM in the game you unlock something rad.

My favorite ball is the fat ktty cat one, it makes awesome fat kitty cat noises whenever you hit a wall. =D So far I have a cat, pig, dog, crushed up car, robot and rugby ball (wow they actually called it a rugby ball, +1 for localization). The music is really good. The stuff that plays during the first world is amazing.

Enjoy'd'd! Doesn't seem like it's going to last long (I think there's 60 levels, plus the unlockable 10 or so), but hey. The only downer so far is the camera, some areas get blocked and you're wondering where the hell you are for a few seconds.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Kororinpa, the game with the greatest box art ever