Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

A Tale of Two Sisters remake

soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:54 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 10:54 AM #1 of 8
A Tale of Two Sisters remake

And the remake news keeps coming.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14925

Quote:
Tom and Charlie Guard are in talks to helm A Tale of Two Sisters for DreamWorks Pictures, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The atmospheric horror thriller would mark the feature film directing debut for the British brothers and is based on a remake of Kim Jee-woon's 2004 Korean box office hit Janghwa, Hongryeon.

Kim's original film is based on a classic Korean folk tale infused with '70s British horror. The DreamWorks version centers on modern-day teenage sisters Anna and Alex Rydell who return home from a mental hospital only to find their recovery unraveling because of a cruel stepmother, clueless father and a lingering ghost.

Production is expected to begin this fall.
Discuss.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:00 PM #2 of 8
It can't be remade any better than the first one. End of discussion.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:06 PM #3 of 8
I suppose June is the month of Asian film remake announcemnets.

I'm still pissed that My Sassy Girl is getting a remake (which, like the film mentioned in the thread) starts fimling this fall

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tellurian
To know the face of God is to know Madness

Member 1328

Level 17.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:12 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 07:12 PM #4 of 8
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
Agreed. I'd go even further, and state that a "remake" of this movie is not only totally unnecessary, but can only be worse than the "source material".

But, as Mrs. Wondrland so truthfully stated, there is no need for a discussion.

Most amazing jew boots
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:49 PM #5 of 8
What the hell is the deal with the movie remakes?

Do people think they can do the movie better? I mean, really, I can understand re-making a movie from say, 30-40 years ago, but not one within the last 10 years.

Double Post:
I just read where it had been filmed five times before that. Sheesh!

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Leknaat; Jun 9, 2006 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
ruixiong89
clairvoyance

Member 8166

Level 3.31

Jun 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 02:50 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 03:50 PM #6 of 8
Argh, remake versions just destroy everything.

On a side note, what's with all these Japanese remakes? And so far, I think all these horror flicks that have been remade (Dark Water, The Ring, Ju-on) have been pale in comparison to the originals. Not to mention Japanese games remade into movies i.e. Dead or Alive. URGH, that just irks me TOTALLY. The quality of these movies are just horrendous I think. It's just pure horror horror and more shocking horror crap. Somehow through the process, they kind of lose that aesthetic appeal I look out for in horror movies. I don't know, it just feels and looks different. Not to mention a whole lot of changes to what the characters actually say. Bah, I still wouldn't pay for bad horror Japanese remakes. I say stick to the originals!

Oh yar, and the whole point applies for Korean remakes as well (in this case, A Tale of Two Sisters). It's probably going to end up in the same situation as what I've described above so yup, save up the money and go get some popcorn instead. Seriously.

How ya doing, buddy?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 03:03 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 12:03 AM #7 of 8
Too bad the original wasn't very good to begin with.

Really, why is this being remade? There was only one scary part in the entire film (well, two actually).

Spoiler:
The ghost under the kitchen sink and maybe the scene in the bedroom involving the ghost...I barely remember it, but it did kind of creep me out.

FELIPE NO
Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 05:19 AM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 08:19 PM #8 of 8
Don't be an originalist. It's for shitheads!

Quote:
On a side note, what's with all these Japanese remakes?
You know that scene in Indie 3 where Ford and Connery accidentally discover the Nazi comms centre inside the castle by triggering the switch in the hearth? Recall that shot of the Reich dyke moving different-coloured counters about a map of Europe? I think that's exaclty how the studios vie and trade reproduction rights to cinema of various regions (Japan in this case being (a) flavour of the decade), the difference being that it's all conducted in English, and the uniforms aren't as prim anymore.

How ya doing, buddy?
LlooooydGEEEOOORGE

Last edited by Cal; Jun 11, 2006 at 05:30 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > A Tale of Two Sisters remake