Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] Mother 3 (I Can Die Happy Now)

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2008, 06:34 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2008, 04:34 PM #76 of 78
Also INTERESTING THING I found while playing but never actually went all the way with:

(chapter 7):
After you pick up the phone at the Osohe courtyard, you're supposed to go to the chimera lab/forest needle, then right after that there's Mole Cricket Hole/Snowtop Mountain/needle, and then you take the fridge to the graveyard, where the Mr. Saturn note leads to the underground highway and Saturn Valley/Fire Mountain/needle. Once you leave Osohe, though, you can go to the underground and Saturn Valley immediately, and so you can probably get Duster and pull the Fire Mountain needle before you find Kumatora (I wouldn't fight New Fassad without Kumatora, though, I'll be honest). I don't know if Mole Cricket Hole only opens up after you pull the forest needle or if you can do that out of order too.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Oct 22, 2008, 01:48 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2008, 02:48 PM #77 of 78
Here are just some general thoughts I've had while playing the game:

Spoiler:
The first thing that really got me is that altough this is obviously a sequel of sorts to Earthbound, the world itself has a completely fresh feel to it, as do the characters. On that note, I was rather dissappointed when Salsa joined the group only to leave a few minutes later, as I was hoping that we would be able in the end to switch characters in and out, since each of them really had distinct abilities that would have been interesting to combine in different manners for different parts of the game.

As far as the length of the game goes, I can't help but feel it was really too short. Wether that is a good thing or a bad thing, I'm not sure, as the feeling of shortness is surely augmented by the fact that I had such a good time playing the game. However, the experience was in a way also lessened by it as it left me craving for more. I think a big part of this is the fact that the dungeons really were not challenging in any way as you always had a hot spring close enough that you could just use your psychic ability liberally and still be able to get to the boss with enough to defeat him.

The combo system I felt was interesting but unfortunately its purpose to me was defeated by the rolling HP meter, since you could get a lot more hits in for bigger damage while your HP was dropping than you would have by trying to combo on every attack. Also, if you wanted to get through an area without losing too much HP, rushing through the menu and text to get the fight rolling as quick as possible was the best way to go in most situations. In fact, the only part of the game where I actually was actively concentrating on combos was when I first got to play Duster and he could put most of the enemies to sleep easily.

My favorite moments of the game where numerous, but I'll state only a few here. The first was when I first met the magypsies. When I noticed that their names represented the musical ecclesiastic modes and that the missing one was Locria, I was quite amused. If you didn't already know this, the ecclesiastic modes are different scales that were used up until the baroque era of music and have been again since the end of the romantic period. The Locrian mode is the one where the tonic chord is diminished, and thus it is almost impossible to harmonise it in a classical fashion and get it to sound right. The Locrian mode was shuned by many a composer, and when it was used, concessions were made to make it sound right. Locria being Fassad just makes even more sense for that reason. The Ionian and Aeolian modes, incidentally, are known as the major scale and minor scales and thus are the most widely used of the modes. As such, Aeolia being the magypsies' leader and Ionia being the one we encounter most often are not coincidences either.

Another moment that really made me chuckle was when Wess told Duster to turn around because he had to do something secret to get the door to open and then started dancing. The interplay between the two characters at this point was quite charming.

Finally, a small but nonetheless funny line that I can't quite remember but that made me laugh was when your in New Pork City and this woman is looking at a totem pole and giving you her "deep" analysis of the aesthetics of the totem pole. The terms she used seemed quite symptomatic of many "artsy-farty" people, as we call 'em back home.

Oh, and Leder ringing his bell. That was probably the best and most surprising moment of all. It really made me listen to its ringing in a whole new way, and mysteriously made the game experience that much more involving.

Most amazing jew boots

Juggle dammit

Last edited by i am good at jokes; Oct 22, 2008 at 10:39 PM.
Syndrome
Esper

Member 211

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2008, 02:57 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2008, 09:57 PM #78 of 78
Good GOD the baby Drago is ADORABLE.

Additional Spam:
Requesting whatever images and sprites exists on the baby drago

BABY DRAGO. ROAR.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Syndrome; Oct 22, 2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] Mother 3 (I Can Die Happy Now)