Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Opera and Gamingforce

Agent Marty
*snore*

Member 243

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 06:23 PM Local time: May 1, 2006, 03:23 PM #1 of 4
Opera and Gamingforce

These two don't want to get along right now, it seems. I don't ever remember having this problem using Opera to peruse Gamingforce before, but here goes.

For some reason (which is why I created this post in the first place - to find out), when I use Opera on Gamingforce, threads don't update. Example: when I click on a thread, read whatever I want to read, then hit 'Back' or even click the Forum name, the thread is still in bold. Same thing if I post a reply - it shows the thread name in bold and it doesn't show that my post is the most recent. Here's the kicker: When I go to the main Forums page, it shows the correct info, but then when I click on an individual forum, it has the incorrect info still. What I have to do to get it correct is hit the Reload button, then it loads the Forum and threads correctly.

As I mentioned, I don't remember this being a problem with Opera before. Maybe it has something to do with the version of vB?

Oh yeah, I tried using three different Opera versions: 8.54, 9, and 9b. I even uninstalled all three versions, deleted the Program Files locations, then re-installed 8.51, to no luck. It still does it.

Does anyone have an idea of why Opera's doing this? Or similar experiences/fixes?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected." - John Steinbeck
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 06:26 PM Local time: May 2, 2006, 01:26 AM #2 of 4
Try going in Preferences > History and set it to Always Check Documents.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 07:12 PM Local time: May 2, 2006, 01:12 AM #3 of 4
Yes I've suffered from this before, Opera out of the blue set it to 5 hours (not for the first time), if you do what Aardark says it will fix your problem.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Agent Marty
*snore*

Member 243

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 08:38 PM Local time: May 1, 2006, 05:38 PM #4 of 4

It worked.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected." - John Steinbeck

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Opera and Gamingforce