Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Need some assistance with music file

majario
Arin=Sexy+Magic=Super Pangya!

Member 140

Level 21.84

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 12:09 AM #1 of 2
Need some assistance with music file

I got an idea today to search my CD-i games with IsoBuster and I think I found the files that may hold the music. I searched a folder that said musics and the file inside was a rich text file (.rtf) and it was 56.1mb which led me to believe that this is the music for the game. That's where the problem comes in. Once I extract this file I have no idea on how to get the music from it. If anyone can help me out with this please post whatever you have to say. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Killy
Xmd5a

Member 324

Level 27.07

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 05:09 AM Local time: Nov 11, 2006, 11:09 AM #2 of 2
Now, I'm no expert at this at all, but I've tried my hands at this quite a few times with limited results. majario, I think you might be able to open the file either as it is or use a HEX editor (there are several free ones lying around) and read the header. The header should contain enough information for you to obtain some knowledge as to what kind of filetype/codec you're dealing with here. After that, you could try extracting the information bit by bit and saving it in separate files (assuming you've found what you're looking for) and simple try saving the separate files as .wav files, unless some other codec has been specified in the header.

Also, if you're using Adobe Audition, you can try opening the file as RAW audio data; Hit Ctrl+O and select PCM RAW Data as the filetype, then enter * in the namefield and browse to the file, select it and hit open. Either Adobe might find a way to interpret the data itself, or you can try your hand at the different options that you have.

Sorry I'm being a bit vague here, but I've been in the same situation before and I have been very limited in my options.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Need some assistance with music file