Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] If you could only play one game for the rest of your life...

Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 07:41 AM #1 of 46
If you could only play one game for the rest of your life...

What would it be?

Feel free to choose multiplayer-heavy/mmo games.

For me, it would probably be between a Civ game or AOE2, but I would end up choosing Age of Empires.

Between different civilizations, maps, the amount of units and players, AOE2 can be incredibly addicting while maintaining a graduate level of difficulty.

What about you guys?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Worm
:furious proofreading noises:

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:11 AM #2 of 46
I'd go with a roguelike--Linley's Dungeon Crawl, in particular. Lots of strategic depth, challenge, and randomization keeps it from becoming a game you could beat through sheer repetition. It's low on grinding and unavoidable deaths, and is also not as "solvable" as the Hack branch (once you know Nethack's tricks, the challenge decreases considerably). Plus, I've managed to avoid most of the spoilers, so I'd have plenty to discover.

I'd be tempted to pick something complex that I've never played before, though. The Civ games sound like good choices, and I think EVE Online's number-crunching could keep me busy for years if I didn't have a FAQ.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:15 AM #3 of 46
City of Heroes. I already spend more time playing it then anything else.

Sometimes I'll go weeks at a time with my 360 being nothing but a big white DVD player.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

"Out thought and out fought."
Yushiro
Able Squad, More Like Awesome Squad

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:16 AM #4 of 46
If the updates kept coming, probably World of Warcraft. I stopped playing it a long time ago, but not out of boredom. Just didn't have the time, friends playing, or the money anymore really.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:34 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2009, 01:34 AM #5 of 46
Possibly Crazy Taxi. I wouldn't mind making caaaaaarrraaaaaaaazzzzy money forever. That and the "YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH" would eventually make me start seeing other games on the screen. And generate an invisible friend named Stinks McKenzie for two player.

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:37 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2009, 05:37 PM #6 of 46
Possibly Crazy Taxi. I wouldn't mind making caaaaaarrraaaaaaaazzzzy money forever. That and the "YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH" would eventually make me start seeing other games on the screen. And generate an invisible friend named Stinks McKenzie for two player.
On that vein, I'm also going to have to say, the taxi minigame in Grand Theft Auto games from III onward. It is just pure bliss to see people get where they desire! I'd like to do that until time stops in this world.

Making up stories for why a passenger and from where would be going to a specific place is also fun. And all this while Chatterbox is on the radio. YEAH.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:41 AM #7 of 46
Mega Man 2 is the easy answer since that's always my go-to game. Perfect music, perfect challenge, perfect gameplay. However, if I'll be playing this FOREVER and want something to last me more than just one sit-down, I'd probably go with Ocarina of Time.

FELIPE NO
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:56 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2009, 10:56 AM #8 of 46
If mini-games count, FFX's Blitzball would be my poison. I sunk a hundred hours into it alone. I'd love it if Squeenix would release an online version of it.

Otherwise, I'd have to pick Ragnarok Online. Stupid, silly game can be played for hours on end.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:03 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2009, 12:03 AM #9 of 46
I would choose a board game, like Chess or Scrabble. Many people have probably played one of these two games to death in their lives, so at least it is bearable!

Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:04 AM #10 of 46
I hated Blitzball but I'd throw down for hours on Triple Triad. That game was just awesome.

i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:26 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2009, 12:26 PM #11 of 46
I'd probably settle with either a blizzard strategy game (Warcraft or Starcraft), A Heroes of Might and Magic Game, or on of the Elder Scrolls games.

The first three for the obvious possibility of an endless number of new maps, and the later because I sank at least 120 hours into Morrowind and Oblivion each, and picking Morrowind back up last week showed me that I was nowhere near having completed every single possible quest, and that playing a new character meant a whole new set of challenges.

In the end, however, It would probably have to be HOMM III or V, since those were the most rewarding experiences for me as far as developing a good strategy goes, and I'm sure I still have a shit ton to learn about both games.

Zerg's idea of chess is a good one though, and I have to say if I could only play one game of any kind (so not uniquely videogames), then chess it would be!

Most amazing jew boots
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 01:21 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2009, 11:21 AM #12 of 46
I hated Blitzball but I'd throw down for hours on Triple Triad. That game was just awesome.
Motherfucking Triple Triad yes. I wonder why I didn't like Tetra Master. It was basically a deeper TT.

Anyway, I might just pick Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst. Has the most missions out of any PSO release, I like the atmosphere of the game and it, like MMOs, takes forever to complete (honestly, I can really only play through a game once).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 02:04 PM #13 of 46
Motherfucking Triple Triad yes. I wonder why I didn't like Tetra Master. It was basically a deeper TT.
That's exactly the reason why I hated Tetra Master. It took away the simplicity and by doing so it also took away the fun.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 02:21 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2009, 02:21 PM #14 of 46
I think my fondness for Team Fortress 2 is well-known at this point. A lot of other shooter games settle for a bunch of individuals doing their own thing and possibly winning, but TF2 forces you to collaborate with your buddies to take objectives, even if it's something as simple as "push in behind the uber, guys." The team dynamic adds a lot of the appeal to the game for me, because I love that feeling when you know you contributed to the team being able to do something.

I used to get that in Battlefield, but to a much lesser extent. The 24 person cap for TF2 means you're bound to be able to do something constructive during the time that you play.

If I could count on continued expansions/user generated content, I might pick something like Fallout 3, but I think eventually I'd feel like I'd done everything there was to do in the game, which is the danger in exploration games like that.

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 02:23 PM #15 of 46
Obviously Disgaea 3 for me! Especially since it takes an absurdly long time to max out a single unit with every skill and evility the game has to offer, even when you know all the tricks to speed up the process. Multiply that by at least 10 units, and even more if you want to have one of everything. I have hundreds of hours logged into it, and am still not quite finished enjoying it, so I could happily play it forever without having to play another game .

FELIPE NO
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 05:05 PM #16 of 46
Obviously Disgaea 3 for me! Especially since it takes an absurdly long time to max out a single unit with every skill and evility the game has to offer, even when you know all the tricks to speed up the process. Multiply that by at least 10 units, and even more if you want to have one of everything. I have hundreds of hours logged into it, and am still not quite finished enjoying it, so I could happily play it forever without having to play another game .
I second this. I haven't even started yet, but Disgaea (along with any other NIS SRPG) seems like a game where the amount of fun you get out of it is directly proportional to the amount of time you put into it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 06:46 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2009, 11:46 PM 3 #17 of 46
Dwarf Fortress. Possibilities are ENDLESS. Gonna be building glass magma-filled statues and vomit fountains forever.

Thanatos
What?!

Member 1546

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 07:06 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2009, 08:06 AM #18 of 46
Any game with a decent map editor where I can spend all those years working on a map after I beat the game. And I will then proceed to beat the map I just made, and go on to the next one. So warcraft and HoMM comes to mind.

Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 07:18 PM #19 of 46
Props for great taste. I can't believe this didn't occur to me; I have like 200 hours in a save. The good thing is that the random battle follow your leveling up, so there is always a challenge there.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:08 PM #20 of 46
Mario Party 5.
God yes. My friends and I spent many, MANY days in school playing this. It was always our favorite iteration of the MP franchise.

How ya doing, buddy?
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:50 PM #21 of 46
God yes. My friends and I spent many, MANY days in school playing this. It was always our favorite iteration of the MP franchise.
Doubly agreed! The series peaked it's fun levels with those deliciously evil Thwomp orbs. The orb system in 5 was the most fun out of all of them, and then series went to crap from there. Not to say that the old Mario Party installments weren't good, but 5 had some nice touches to it.

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:58 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2009, 03:28 PM #22 of 46
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.

At first I loved this game, then I started playing for beats (score) and this game just opened up. Everything about the game is perfect, the level design, the controls (DK bongos) and the combo system.

My favourite game of all time.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jul 30, 2009, 12:07 AM #23 of 46
I think, for me, it'd have to be a toss-up between The Sims (latest version and expansions) or Pokemon.

The Sims would satisfy my God complex and as the series has expanded, there has been a lot of flexibility. With the cheat codes and architecture kits, I could spend a lot of time constructing mansions and guiding my Sims with more precision. I only have Sims One, but I've yet to grow tired of it. The only reason I haven't upgraded is because my computer is a somewhat old laptop and the graphics card doesn't seem compatible with the rendering techniques of most games made past 2007. But assuming I had a computer capable of running the current software, I could do a lot with the Sims and be endlessly entertained.

Pokemon would be my other choice due to the social nature of the game. There's a deceptively intricate system in the game and it rewards those with the patience to properly train for battle. The plot is superfluous to anything I want to do, which is mainly battle and stomp the shit out of other people. I love a challenge with a stern metagame and Pokemon provides that. Plus, even if it was my one game for the rest of my life, I could still interact with others and not grow bored or lonely.

FELIPE NO
Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2009, 05:25 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2009, 12:25 PM #24 of 46
- If I was alone, stuck on an island with an online connection, I'd probably play Guild Wars. Oh, and send for help while I was at it.
- Stuck on an island with no online, but not alone. Worms would be the game that created the most entertainment and variety for me.
- All alone in the whole wide world, I'd eventually grow tired of any sandbox game like GTA or AC anyway. I guess it'd have to be Mario 64, so I can just sleep in the garden all day.

It all comes down to the outer circumstances, but Guild Wars would be my preferred indulgence.

Most amazing jew boots
greatPumpkin
Carob Nut

Member 34092

Level 4.12

Jul 2009

Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:24 AM #25 of 46
Morrowind... more used to this verson's gameplay. i will be allright with other variations (ie the Elder Scrolls series). me thinks that the map for morrowind only is big enough for me to explore for a long long time. if anything, if there exists a map for the entire TES world i go for that too.

i like to think of it more like that i am 'stuck' in the gameworld... so i definatly want a game that has more worlds and background for me to explore.

X: btf (or any sort of space operatic games) will be my second choice.. if i can do so.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] If you could only play one game for the rest of your life...