Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] GFF Gamers Month ver. 3

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:05 AM #76 of 103
No, the point is that YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED IT AFTER LIKE A MILLION YEARS AND THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. Seriously, one of the best credit rolls out of any game. You have to do it.

I understand your situation and all but STILL

How ya doing, buddy?

#654: Braixen
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:07 AM #77 of 103
Tell you what. Go play Opoona and I'll meet you outside with SMRPG then.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:30 AM #78 of 103
Soon as you buy me a Wii.

(Sold mine months ago)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:36 AM #79 of 103
So you missed out on both Mario Galaxies, Super Paper Mario, and the NEW SUPER MARIO BROS? You even skipped the Tales of Symphonia's sequel. I think you have bigger problems than missing out Opoona. o.o'

Man. We SHOULD give you our collection some day. I'm so sorry Tails, I've no idea.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Philia; Mar 24, 2011 at 08:43 AM.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:44 AM #80 of 103
Hah, it's no big deal. My interest in a lot of vidya stuff was kinda waning. All of those do sound alright, except for Symphonia. I literally couldn't play past the first disc of Symphonia 1. I kept telling myself if I heard something about inferior beings one more time I was done, and welp

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2011, 03:21 PM #81 of 103
All this said, I remember SMRPG having a fantastic credit roll, but I don't remember WHAT about it was so fantastic. Damnit. ...Oh well, it just means I'll have to play through the game again. Which is totally fine with me.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2011, 04:03 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2011, 01:03 PM #82 of 103
Philia, the exact same thing happened to me with that game. Rental, blazed through it, was defeated by the final boss just as time was expiring. Worst thing was being so aware it was my last shot and botching it. Was like Vader at game over, just like, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Of course, next weekend I rent it and the save is gone.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2011, 04:54 PM #83 of 103
Yeah that what sucks about rentals for carts. I still managed to do so with a few rpgs (Dragon Warrior to be specific) with this. I just make sure I save on the third/last slot to ensure it'll BE THERE still.

I'm also not sure if you're the one I've heard this from but I believe there's another who similar thing happened to too. Perhaps with a different game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Philia; Mar 24, 2011 at 05:02 PM.
Dr. Uzuki

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2011, 07:42 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2011, 04:42 PM #84 of 103
I've actually had pretty decent luck with renting carts other then smrpg, I do have some memories of family members erasing each others' saves by accident, I've never seen my mom quite so angry at me as when I saved over her phanasy star 4 file while she was deep into the game, and she had me when she was 35 so imagine this middle aged woman momentarily flipping out at her kid over Genesis.

Damn, my review date is getting really close. I wrote the first few paragraphs a month ago and now I just stare blankly at the text file when I open it up. Been working long hours, weekends. Beginning to wish I picked a title without as much depth to review. By the time it's done, gonna be tl;dr.

How ya doing, buddy?

Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2011, 06:24 PM #85 of 103
FFFF---!

I thought I had signed up for the 26th, but I didn't know it was actually the 25th I signed up for. Scrambling to write my review right now. It'll be up in a few minutes.

Most amazing jew boots

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:22 PM #86 of 103
Date: 12/15/10 After Skills gifted me this on a steam sale for 5 dollars. My gametime was 17 hours in a span of 3 days.

Quote:
I just want to gush about a stroke of good luck I had.

I managed to make it to 100k before 200k before finally giving in to start over into a new loop. I went with what everyone suggested I should do in my first playthrough. Just do a dungeon first to get yourself a batch of items without wasting any pix. And barrel roll from there. Half of the time I'm crawling in a dungeon and other half I'm doing errands/running shop. I was doing well too but I only got lucky with a sweet boom just once so that helped me to get to pay off 80k.

Anyway, I found out about checkered carpet/super vendor trick and was buying a couple of carpets but couldn't afford a super vendor (or wasn't high enough level to unlock that) but on loop 2 I so happen to have enough and unlocked it. Bought a whole 10 of carpets and the darn thing with maybe 130k I had lmao. I got that much from a warm sale boom (OMG WOMEN RUSHING IN lol) and whatever I had left over from the previous loop. All while I was stocking UP on miscellaneous stuff that I didn't want to get caught off guard WITHOUT. AKA books, hats, treasures, accessories, etc for bullshit requests that could break my combo sales. Meanwhile I was stocking up on longswords and other armor/weapons hoping for a metal boom somewhere or at least be able to meet delivery requests.

And I had 15k on day 13 and thanks to a precious metals AND a standard metal (treasures/weapons/helmets/armor/shields/accessories) BOOM, I ended up with 872k on day 15. It was INSANE but awesome. I also saw I was able to go for 250% instead of what I thought (230) and Alouette came in twice in the same day and I managed to screw her with 280%. I wasn't entirely sure what's her max on a price hike but I was playing it safe lol.

But yeah, I had a bunchhhhh of stock items to meet all of those price hikes and not only that, the checkered carpets/super vendor made huge too.
Awesome little game. I just got extremely lucky at the right time with the boom sale. I have yet gotten Griff though but everything else was incredibly addictive.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Philia; Mar 25, 2011 at 07:28 PM.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2011, 08:26 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2011, 07:26 PM #87 of 103
FUCK YES THIS GAME ROCKS

YOU ARE THE BEST

I'm glad someone did it. It's what I was going to do if I didn't do the afterburner thing.

Carpe Fulgar rules so much. I hope their translation of Chantelise is still on schedule for an April drop.

FELIPE NO
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:05 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2011, 08:05 PM #88 of 103
So I was supposed to have the 16th but I had a very busy last week and this week too; I basically failed to deliver. I'll be adding my game tonight shortly if there are no objections, and I apologize in advance that its late and not as good as it could have been. My original review being on my desktop which has died and is inaccessible.

(Not trying to steal your thunder at all Omnislash, Recettear is a pretty awesome game )

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Dark Nation; Mar 25, 2011 at 11:05 PM.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 27, 2011, 06:29 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2011, 04:29 PM #89 of 103
Man, Recettear was such a blast, but I really wish it didn't have the jap-style grindfest at the end in order to unlock all the various items and how most of the dungeons were in post-game. I also found it was generally more profitable after the first payment or two not to bother with dungeon crawling to earn money since it was way easier to just buy in bulk when things were cheap and then hold onto them until a boom. You earn merchant points really fast which unlocks more expensive items, which lets you earn money at an even faster pace.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:47 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2011, 12:47 AM #90 of 103
Originally Posted by Shin
If it was released these days kids would hate it, primarily because you can't "win" at Elite or "beat" the game ... The real aim of the game is amassing as vast a fortune as possible through clever trading or if the mood takes you, mining, piracy and drug dealing.
Maybe not rereleased, but DopeWars was pretty much this in a nutshell and, for a point and click game of the simple-minded, it wasn't half bad.

Most amazing jew boots
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2011, 02:01 PM #91 of 103
LOL funny that you're mentioning this game, Rockgamer, SD and Kyndig picked this up today from Kmart. SD told me that this is his game for days. Weeks. Months even. Some of the achievements for 6 is so maddening I'd just stare at him wondering how the fuck...

But yes, a lot of people kept saying how the fuck is this series still alive. Well there you have it, you got rabid fans all over the place for the series in some dark corner. SD's be so glad to see another fan out of you Rock.

I'd love to watch him play this since most of the scenes I'd see are often over the top and hilarious. And god, WHO the hell doesn't know who Lu BU is.

Last edited by Philia; Mar 29, 2011 at 02:03 PM.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2011, 02:40 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2011, 08:40 PM #92 of 103
Maybe not rereleased, but DopeWars was pretty much this in a nutshell and, for a point and click game of the simple-minded, it wasn't half bad.
Haha, Dopewars was awesome, I played that shit for hours on end.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2011, 03:11 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2011, 02:11 PM #93 of 103
LOL funny that you're mentioning this game, Rockgamer, SD and Kyndig picked this up today from Kmart. SD told me that this is his game for days. Weeks. Months even. Some of the achievements for 6 is so maddening I'd just stare at him wondering how the fuck...

But yes, a lot of people kept saying how the fuck is this series still alive. Well there you have it, you got rabid fans all over the place for the series in some dark corner. SD's be so glad to see another fan out of you Rock.

I'd love to watch him play this since most of the scenes I'd see are often over the top and hilarious. And god, WHO the hell doesn't know who Lu BU is.
Awesome. I honestly didn't know if there were very many DW fans here on GFF (Tritoch is the only other person on here who I know has actually played a DW game), so I'm glad to know there's a few more out there.

And yeah, I can understand why the series gets so many complaints from people who aren't hardcore into the series. On a surface level, the games can seem very similar to one another, but if you really get into it you can tell just how different they really are. But to most people, I imagine they feel the same way towards this series as I feel towards something like Madden, which just seems like the same game with a roster update every year to me.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2011, 03:57 PM #94 of 103
I do enjoy playing DW games every once in a while. They're good, mindless fun that you can sit back and play without thinking much at all unless you're aiming for some of the more difficult conditions to unlock things. DW6 is the only main game that I own, though I did borrow DW4 from a friend many years ago. All I remember from it was playing as the badass eyepatch dude (Xiahou Dun) and having a lot of fun.

I prefer the Warriors Orochi spinoffs that also include the Samurai Warriors characters. Their gameplay is the same, but the WO games allow you to bring a team of 3 characters and the variety really makes the battles more interesting.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dr. Uzuki

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:40 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2011, 04:40 PM #95 of 103
I had a roommate who was really into the DW series. Saw him playing it a lot and wondered how someone could get into something so mindlessly repeatitive. Then I became a Drakengard fan. I now understand how addicting being a one man army can be.

FELIPE NO

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2011, 03:23 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2011, 02:23 AM #96 of 103
Warriors Orochi didn't appeal to me in the past (mainly because I didn't have much interest in the Samurai Warriors part), but in recent times I have kinda wanted to try one out (mainly because I actually have learned more about the SW characters from a Japanese TV drama I watched that took place during the Sengoku period). It's a shame the PS3 game never got a North American release, since it seems like it's a perfect entry point into the series (I think it's essentially just an enhanced port of the first two games). I guess I could always just track down one of the PS2 or PSP versions, though.

And fuck, Drakengard. I remember playing a demo of that back when it first came out. I did enjoy it, but I never ended up getting it at the time. That's another game I definitely to track down one day (I know there's a sequel as well, but I don't recall hearing much about it so I have no idea if it's any good or not).

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2011, 03:28 AM #97 of 103
You know, I was about to say I'd send you my copy of the first WO, but then I remembered you have no 360. I 1000'd it a long time ago and it's worth about $6, so I wouldn't have any problems parting with it. WO2, on the other hand, requires an insane amount of grinding to unlock the last two stages to the point that I'll almost definitely never do it.

Dr. Uzuki

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2011, 04:52 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2011, 01:52 AM #98 of 103
Drakengard is an aquired taste, to give fair warning, even if you enjoy these type of games. The game play was not that well exacuted to be honest, but the story is so off-kilter that it really drives you to play through to the end. The second one plays better but the feel of the narritive is far more tame.

Wouldn't want to shy you away from giving them a shot, but don't be surprised if they're not for you.

My internet connection has been really unstable, people, I'm posting from my phone right now. If the damned thing decides to work, I'll get right on posting my review, it is done.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Dr. Uzuki; Mar 30, 2011 at 04:55 AM.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2011, 06:55 AM #99 of 103
Awesome review. SD loved this game to death despite of the hard as nails strategy required. I however missed the chance and would take up on an inane rpg like this from time to time to sate my love for hard-as-nails rpgs (or dungeon crawlers). This is saved for that mood, and I just started up on the Persona series so it won't be long before I get into this soon too. (This'd be the year of the dang PS2.)

Thanks for reminding me that you were turned into a god by Lucifer himself lmao. And fuck yes, that guide is awesome too. I remember pouring over it despite of not playing it (of course, SD was playing it for several weeks when it came out so yeah). The bestiary section is awesome.

Last edited by Philia; Mar 30, 2011 at 07:00 AM.
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2011, 08:20 AM #100 of 103
Oh god, Nocturne. This was the first (and so far, remains the only) Shin Megami Tensei game that I've played and it's quite possibly the only turn based RPG that I actually needed some strategy. Level grinding only got you up to a certain point, and regardless of the level, there's always some way for you to die quickly.

Good choice, Uzuki.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request

Tags
after burner or gtfo, easy mode, easy mode will never die, fuck you chelios, fucking lol, gff after burner month

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Attention] GFF Gamers Month ver. 3