Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:56 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2008, 10:56 AM #51 of 497
D2 is gaining popularity again thanks to the D3 announcement. For those who've never played the game and want to, or those who've lost their CDs and CD keys, you can purchase them for $5 at G2buy.com. The site sells all sorts of farmed D2 goods and so seems a little suspect, but the CD Key aspect is totally legit. Website states that it takes anywhere from 15 minutes to 8 hours after you place your order, so it should be pretty quick.

Good deal if you considered buying the battle chest, but didn't want the extra stuff like the guides.

Totally not meant to be an advertisement or anything, so feel free to ignore if you've been playing for years, god.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Sakabadger; Jul 1, 2008 at 01:04 PM.
Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2008, 01:55 PM #52 of 497
I just reinstalled good ol d2 today, gonna play with from pals from work, other pals from wow, and Jaded

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2008, 02:50 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2008, 02:50 PM #53 of 497
I had been playing Diablo 2 for the better part of this past year and then got utterly burned out on the game.

I'd had some problems playing before because I'd get annoyed at the gambling addiction subculture that arose out of the game, but I think I finally pinned down what bothers me about it. Waypoints and teleport. Convenient ways to get around, sure, but they've been taken as a sign that this game isn't about the gameplay, it's about the items.

The whole thing ceased to be fun for me when my buddy, already level 50 after a couple days of playing, told me to hurry my level-1-ass up and follow him so he could rush me through to Baal.

"And then what?", I asked. How many hours of Baal runs before I actually begin to have fun?

At least with MMO games there's things to do besides grind. These days, all anybody wants to do with D2 is get to Baal and then let their mouth go slack for hours on end.

I guess I just hope D3 doesn't make it too easy to farm bosses.

How ya doing, buddy?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:09 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2008, 09:09 AM #54 of 497
The whole battle.net/grinding/farming culture with the game is pretty silly. Once you figure out that the game is really about building and experimenting with the various character classes and skill trees, it becomes a lot more fun. For example, would you have more fun rushing a character just to get a high enough level to boss farm, or starting a dagger barbarian and fighting your way up to hell difficulty. And yes, I have a dagger barb in single player who is in the high 70s - low 80s. I've had a necromancer {and sorceress for that matter} who used a Stormshield and had 75% block. Hell, my favorite build is a skeleton necromancer. His primary skills are maxed by the time you hit level 50 and he is one of the least equipment dependent builds available.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2008, 07:27 PM Local time: Jul 5, 2008, 05:27 PM #55 of 497
I'm hoping they create a better public game browse system for the game than they have had for most of their previous games. Only getting see a random 15-20 games is frustrating, especially when none of them suit my situation.

FELIPE NO
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jul 7, 2008, 08:38 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2008, 06:38 PM #56 of 497
I remember making a Bowadin ages ago and it was on of the most fun characters I ever had.

I found most of the fun I had was looking at all the mediocre items I had collected and deciding what sort of interesting class I could build out of it. I remember I had a staff with something like +8 to that skill that boosted mana recharge. I build a fire mage out of it, and since firewall is gay, I used Meteor and had a lot of fun mixing it with Blizzard to slow enemies down.

You guys are making me want to start experimenting again.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jul 21, 2008, 05:27 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2008, 03:27 PM #57 of 497
For anyone not keeping tabs on Mythos (pretty much everyone but me), the latest game being developed by the guys that made D2 and Hellgate: London, here's some updates.

A few weeks ago, this was the top news story on their website, "Flagship Studios is Still Operating - 07/16/08" and it consisted of a body text of, "Flagship Studios has announced today that despite rumors to the contrary, the company is still operating." You know that's a bad sign.

A few days ago, they posted the following story.

Spoiler:

Going on Hiatus - 07/18/08
We regretfully announce that on Friday, July 18, 2008 at 11:59 CST the world of Uld known as Mythos will be going on hiatus. On behalf of all of the Devs and Community team we want to thank you to everyone for their support and assistance with Mythos Alpha and Beta testing and we hope to see you soon.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 07:55 PM #58 of 497
The third class, the Wwwyzzerdd, has been revealed. Looks like Sorceress 2.0.

Also, a world map. No word yet on whether hippogriffs or wyverns will be the main method of travel.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Dopefish; Oct 10, 2008 at 08:00 PM.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:22 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 10:22 PM #59 of 497
Haha, isn't the Slow Time identical to tat Time Bomb thing the Protoss Mothership has? Cool as hell nonetheless.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Lord Jaroh
It's all about being a Newbie

Member 2072

Level 13.42

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2008, 08:04 PM Local time: Oct 17, 2008, 08:04 PM #60 of 497
Auto Stats definately make me disappointed.

The Wizard is neat, just a little too...generic, maybe?

No LAN play/forced Battle.net for multiplayer makes me very upset.

The game may be D3 in name, I'm just worried that it will not be D3 in spirit...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:58 AM #61 of 497
I can't believe this thread is three-and-a-half years old.

Anyway, I played through the first Beta quest and was pleased with it. In case it wasn't clear to anyone initially, Health orbs do drop but so do Health potions, and you can use Health potions on the fly, but there's a cooldown on them. This was important when I was approaching the Beta boss and I got swarmed. I was a bit alarmed to have to flee and wait for the cooldown to lapse, but it was a good learning experience and it's something to get used to, instead of just spamming potions like in Diablo II.

Otherwise, gameplay was great fun, brilliant atmosphere, played a lot like a merger of Diablo II and Torchlight. Anyone else play it?

I was speaking idiomatically.

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:28 AM 1 #62 of 497
Signed up for the beta months ago. Never got in. Possibly because the only games I have on battle.net are D2 and LOD. Possibly because those are the last worthwhile games they put out.

So much of the enthusiasm over this thing seems to be OMG IT'S DIABLO 3, rather than any concrete improvements on the formula. I mean, it's Blizzard, they'll sell millions of copies even if they crap in a box and send it off to stores, but "Diablo 2, except now with modern resolution support" isn't worth $60 to me, not when Torchlight 2 is, what a couple months away? (and Grim Dawn. Someday. Someday...)

Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:04 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2012, 10:04 AM #63 of 497
I've been way too busy to play it this weekend, and I figure, I might as well play it on release (for the one day I get to play it before I get slammed with work again).

Bet yes, Grim Dawn. So far away. Titan Quest was the best of the previous generation of Diablo clones, so I can't wait to see where Grim Dawn goes (made by developers of TQ).

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2012, 08:35 PM #64 of 497
I've been in beta for a while and only recently I've had the chance to mess with it seriously. I've never really played a Diablo game until this and it was good enough to keep my interest away from Warcraft for a while.

Real Money Auction House is going to be interesting to see what's going on with that too. I don't plan on being a "Diablo 3 Billionaire" but I'm hoping to cover my WoW sub cost, maybe make a few extra bucks to get some games here and there.

I really loved playing Demon Hunter. The snares were taking a bit getting used to but once I figured everything out, I was tearing through some of the monsters. Haven't messed with Barbarian/Amazon a whole hell of a lot.

My life will become even less socialized on May 15th, as well.

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:21 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2012, 11:21 AM #65 of 497
(and Grim Dawn. Someday. Someday...)
Bet yes, Grim Dawn. So far away. Titan Quest was the best of the previous generation of Diablo clones, so I can't wait to see where Grim Dawn goes (made by developers of TQ).
I didn't even know this was a thing.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ment/grim-dawn

How ya doing, buddy?

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:05 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2012, 10:05 AM #66 of 497
I have never played a Diablo game before but am mildly intrigued by this. Not sure if the beta is available for Mac but assuming it is should I be giving this a look?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:11 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2012, 01:11 PM #67 of 497
I can't wait to play this in 2016.
Well, I wasn't that far off.

How ya doing, buddy?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:45 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2012, 03:45 PM #68 of 497
Been a cool run for me. Started as a female monk, then male demon hunter then a male barbarian. At the very most, I unlocked the first runes in the primary attack and basically having a blast. The orb addition is a nice touch too but I haven't gotten around the auction house yet.

Count me in as very interested.

Most amazing jew boots
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old May 1, 2012, 02:12 AM Local time: May 1, 2012, 03:12 PM #69 of 497
Oh god I don't even remember making this thread.

I played for about 20 minutes on a machine at work. Due to the crappy specs it was laggy and choppy as all hell, but the gameplay is largely unchanged from Diablo 2, it seems to me. Not a bad thing actually.

I was speaking idiomatically.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2012, 11:35 AM #70 of 497
It looks like some places have broke street date and have been shipping them out (it could be just a generic warehouse picture.. as indicated by the link...):

Pic taken from a thread on MMO-Champion.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2012, 06:27 AM #71 of 497
They wouldn't even work though right? Doesn't this game require online connectivity at all times even for single player, or am I confusing it for something else?

Tried to run the beta on our laptop, no go . Will have to either wait until we get a new PC or the oft-rumored console version comes to pass.

FELIPE NO
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old May 7, 2012, 08:24 AM Local time: May 7, 2012, 04:24 PM #72 of 497
Yeah, the game is always online. If it disconnects (whether on your end or the server's), it stops the playing session.

That looks like an Australian copy, judging by the age rating.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2012, 10:45 AM #73 of 497
When did you try to run the beta? Beta servers closed down on the 1st with the game coming out next week.

Kinda makes me wonder, since the game is going to be online at all times (while having an active battle.net account)... how people who pirate it will be able to play. Unless someone's crafty enough to "unlock" the game to be able to play offline? I dunno, just hope that there won't be any "cheaters" and try to flood the AH with dupe items and gold and the such.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2012, 05:03 PM #74 of 497
Diablo III- Wrath

A little anime treat from Blizzard.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2012, 05:17 PM Local time: May 13, 2012, 03:17 PM #75 of 497
I gotta say, Peter Chung's designs actually look pretty cool when there are no human faces involved.

Tags
basically, get equipment in order to get equipment, keep flogging that horse, not one shit was given

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII