Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] InGameDex (IGDx): The In-depth Gaming Database
Closed Thread

mommemachine
Banned

Member 22035

Level 1.00

Apr 2007

Old Apr 17, 2007, 07:41 PM Local time: Apr 17, 2007, 05:41 PM #1 of 3
Exclamation InGameDex (IGDx): The In-depth Gaming Database

Excuse this post. For it may seem like spam, but I am genuinely trying to get this project going, and I need other gamers in order to do so. Thanks for your understanding!

The web has a lot to offer, even so far as game FAQ's are concerned. However, I find it completely inconvenient having to Google search for the info I need. Then when you find a decent FAQ, you have to sift through a large fully text page.

The InGameDex is a public location for all in-game data to easily be collected and viewed. This project has just started, and we are looking for video game enthusiasts who would like to contribute. IGDx will cover every game, every item, every boss, every palace, every monster, etc.

InGameDex makes all of this data linkable through a MediaWiki engine, allowing users from all over the globe to input and assit in making the InGameDex even more expansive. (View the Secret of Mana page to get an idea of how content will be organized and displayed.)

Text isn't all we have to offer. Add image files, such as sprites and screenshots. Embed video playthroughs that you or someone else has created and uploaded to YouTube. Any bit of information about a game, in any form, is helpful to the greater cause.

We also have a nifty template setup. You can quickly find a nice wallpaper sized image on Google, and throw together a 760x120 banner image for the layout of every game page. Check out these pages for examples: Eve Online, WoW, Super Princess Peach, and Legend of Zelda:TP. At this point, we have still yet to set up a form for easy game page customization. It is still required that we go into the CSS templates and manually edit them. But, this is a pretty cool feature that I wanted to show the potential of.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them on our InGameDex FAQ page. ( That way they're kept archived nicely.) Or, you can just reply here.

We're adding content everyday, but there is so much to be done. So, if you can help, please do! All you need is a simple user account, and you're set to go.

Thanks for your time and attention!

How ya doing, buddy?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 17, 2007, 07:51 PM Local time: Apr 17, 2007, 06:51 PM #2 of 3
Wikipedia and Mobygames present information in a way that's much easier to navigate and far less, well, ugly. They've also got all this information already, with the possible exception of the walkthroughs/tips/whatever, but GameFAQs already does that. And will be able to do that in a much better capacity than this will ever be able to do, especially in a wiki format.

Most amazing jew boots
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 17, 2007, 07:54 PM Local time: Apr 17, 2007, 05:54 PM #3 of 3
If you want to advertise something, put it in your sig and make quality posts around here and it'll get seen (and more likely to be clicked on if you're a worthwhile member). Otherwise, no advertising allowed.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] InGameDex (IGDx): The In-depth Gaming Database